Thread: Auto Ability Learning

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 271
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Notausgang View Post
    Edit: bump requested
    Granted.

    Not having much luck combining this with the other mods I'm using... Don't know what's the problem though.

    EDIT: Got it, there's just a lot of code to be moved. To help every one out, when Game.interface is open, use find to search for "nota" That'll bring you to each of his modified areas. Just move those over to the correct places in your game.interface file.
    Last edited by Lprsti99; 09-23-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    ~Oscar Wilde

    Formerly Lprsti99

  2. #22
    Mh.. I'll be writing some kind of mod manager soon, that will hopefully take care of this hassle.

    As for the AAL, please keep reporting any abnormal behaviours if there are any!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Phoenix View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

    Game skill should not be based on limitations of the user interface, but on how well one can play the game.

    +1 Notausgang for an excellent mod.
    its part of the game. u want a button so u can stun slave and ulti with 1 click for pyro aswell?

  4. #24
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,391
    Nice mod

    Still some bugs with being able to que skills 99999 times, it results in some interesting behaviour (in prac mode atleast), as well as queing skills you dont have the level to learn
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkySoul View Post
    Damage is USELLESS ESPECIALLY ON THE HARDEST CARRY.
    My ISP blocks LoL forums

  5. #25
    I've been too lazy to prevent queuing a skill too often; so currently it'll just stop and wait til level 5 of that skill becomes available, which should work like that consistently.
    Can you go into more detail on how to go about achieving that "interesting behaviour" (if you consider it non-intentional)?

  6. #26
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    its part of the game. u want a button so u can stun slave and ulti with 1 click for pyro aswell?
    Actually no, I attack once or twice after stunning before firing my other two spells, and different battles lead to different situations where I'll use the skills in a different order. I'm not limited by the UI at all because I can use hotkeys.

    By your argument, I could say that the developers should remove spell hotkeys because it takes away an advantage from those who can click faster (what could be equally defined as "skill").

    The point I'm trying to make is that there's a difference between tweaking the UI to make things more convenient for a user, and actually modifying gameplay. I would argue that this mod falls under the category of the former, as does spell hotkeys. A mod that automatically calculates creep HP and executes denies would fall under the latter.

    Just my .
    Last edited by Ice_Phoenix; 09-24-2009 at 07:14 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Phoenix View Post
    Actually no, I attack once or twice after stunning before firing my other two spells, and different battles lead to different situations where I'll use the skills in a different order. I'm not limited by the UI at all because I can use hotkeys. Having to click through spells,

    By your argument, I could say that the developers should remove spell hotkeys because it takes away an advantage from those who can click faster (what could be equally defined as "skill").

    The point I'm trying to make is that there's a difference between tweaking the UI to make things more convenient for a user, and actually modifying gameplay. I would argue that this mod falls under the category of the former, as does spell hotkeys. A mod that automatically calculates creep HP and executes denies would fall under the latter.

    Just my .
    QFGJ.

    Saying that this is cheating would be like saying that Barter's mod is cheating, because it shows death timers for each hero and can automatically post when one revives, because "it's skill to know when heroes respawn!!!!!" Bullshit.
    Last edited by Lprsti99; 09-24-2009 at 02:48 PM.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    ~Oscar Wilde

    Formerly Lprsti99

  8. #28
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    991
    Great work Notausgang! Love this mod. My one request so far would be some way to illustrate what level the skill is going to get skilled at so I can perhaps easier tell when I should be throwing my ult in and such. For now I just don't get too far ahead.

    Not sure of too many good ideas to do this aside from 25 little boxes that show up only when u have the leveling buttons up and they have a slightly transparent number on the background to show which level they are and then the skill number (1-4) shows up darker and bigger. You could also make it so there's a tiny little number in the corner of the box for the level and then the big number would be the skill number. Just some ideas. If this is something you have no interest in doing or don't see any merit to doing I understand.

    Thanks for a great mod!

  9. #29
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,391
    Can you go into more detail on how to go about achieving that "interesting behaviour" (if you consider it non-intentional)?
    I finally realised what it was, many times I have had a attribute boost put into my skill que after learning my level 1 ability or even sometimes as a first skill at level 1. I may have just been me accidentally clicking it, but Its happened enough times to warrent me posting about it
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkySoul View Post
    Damage is USELLESS ESPECIALLY ON THE HARDEST CARRY.
    My ISP blocks LoL forums

  10. #30
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    960
    This is one of the best mods I've ever seen. Just sayin .

  11. #31
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Beer and Pretzels
    Posts
    1,499
    I'm currently using this and Bangerz Automatically Level Stats.
    On of those (I don't know which one ) makes me learn Stats at level 1 in every game after the 1st one I played since booting up the cliennt.

    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.
    And... most fools do.

  12. #32
    Bangerz Automatically Level Stats and this mod are obviously not compatible. You should uninstall one of 'em. (I'd suggest to keep this one, since it basically contains the functionality of his mod)

  13. #33
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Beer and Pretzels
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Notausgang View Post
    Bangerz Automatically Level Stats and this mod are obviously not compatible. You should uninstall one of 'em. (I'd suggest to keep this one, since it basically contains the functionality of his mod)
    Ah I didn't read carefully enough. Missed the part where it says that this mods learns Stats automatically as well =)
    I'll simply uninstall the other one then.

    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.
    And... most fools do.

  14. #34
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    991
    Notausgang, I believe I'm noticing a problem. I usually do the automatic leveling in chunks (ie 1-7ish and then 8-25). A lot of games end well before level 25 and the way I keep doing it is just spamming the stat button to have a bunch of 5's at the end of the queue. They apparently stay in the queue and the next game I join when I first spawn it automatically skills stats or whatever was the next to be learned. Am I having something go wrong or is this a bug?

  15. #35
    Hm.. right, there's no mechanism to clear the list between games, so that kinda was to be expected. I'll change it next version, but currently am quite busy with the Mod Manager I'm going to release tomorrow.
    Also, queuing a bunch of 5's at the end has no real benefit since the mod automatically levels stats when there's no other option

  16. #36
    all im saying is enjoy these mods while you can because if you want to play competitive games they will def be banned. i think its a cool mod though. I wont use it though becuase with some characters during a battle ill take a skill as i level that i normally wouldnt take at that time just to live.

    Ie if im getting ganked as mag and they have no aoe stun and i jsut ding 6 ill take sandstorm instead of ulti.

    still nice mod, but dont like what this stuff is doing to the game

  17. #37
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    991
    Ricky, do you really consider a mod that picks your ability for you something that removes skill from the game? You'd have to be dead from the neck up to actually have problems managing to CLICK a button. Maybe they should make it move around on the screen to add some skill.

  18. #38
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    960
    Hmm I'm not getting the automatic stat leveling.. not sure why. Although sometimes I get a 5 stuck in the queue after level 15.. really odd actually. So at level 16 I automatically get stats instead of ult ><! Thats rare though, but when it happens it sucks because right clicking 5 doesn't stop it.

  19. #39
    BUG: you should not be able to skill 3333111122224444

    i dont know wich datastructures you use for represent a queue, try to use a queueitem as tupel with skillnr, index index should be grow up each time you klick that skill. Check if index of the current is lesser than index of the items already in the queue

  20. #40
    I am using a string, looking exactly like the one you are displayed (except without the spacing blanks in between).
    I don't understand what you are trying to suggest or how it would fix what you mention, which I don't even see as something that needs to be fixed. There is a well-defined behaviour for entering such a string of skills and if someone doesn't understand the levelling system enough to properly alternate between skills they shouldn't be using this mod.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •