Thread: Auto Ability Learning

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Auto Ability Learning

Version: 1.2.7
    Last update: 02.03.2012

About this mod

This mod allows you to queue up abilities to learn by clicking on the greyed out skill learning icons. As soon as a skill point becomes available and the level requirements for learning are met, the ability at the front of the queue is automatically learnt. The list of queued skills is shown above the learning buttons and is hidden when the buttons are hidden. Right-click unqueues abilities.
    This mod targets those people who like to overlook their level-ups, and those who want to save those two extra seconds hitting the tiny learning button in a "go at level 5". And those who are simply lazy and know their skill build in advance.

(click to view full size)

Reading the list from left to right each number stands for one level of learning for that ability; where '1' is the ability in the first slot, '4' is the ultimate ability and '5' refers to the Attribute Boost.
    Additionally, whenever there is only Attribute Boost to pick (usually at level 15 and from level 17 on), it is picked automatically.

Right-click on the "show/hide skilling buttons" button clears the whole queue.

This mod was greatly inspired by Bangerz' Automatically Level Stats When Abilities Maxed mod; great thanks to him for the pioneer work!

Installation (Mod Manager compatible format)
    (requires the Mod Manager)

To install, download this file into the "game\mods" subdirectory of your HoN installation. The default locations are:

Windows: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\mods
    Linux: /home/<username>/HoN/game/mods
    MacOS: /Applications/Heroes of Newerth.app/game/mods

Windows users can just drag the file onto the mod manager window.

Incompatibility with other mods

This mod is generally compatible with all other mods in the new format, and thanks to FrozenDragon even with TinyUI!

Changelog

02.03.12: [v1.2.7] Fixed for patch 2.5.13 - thanks to Occ for the update!
    21.01.12: [v1.2.6] Fixed for patch 2.5.7.
    14.12.10: [v1.2.3] Updated for HoN 2.0, added Quzzap's fixes (number bar now click-through and wide enough for 24 digits)
    12.05.10: [v1.2.2] Updated for game release.
    25.03.10: [v1.2.1] Fixed for FE2.
    23.01.10: [v1.2] Fixed the queue not being applied at all when having something selected during levelup.
    19.01.10: [v1.1] Fixed the queue being applied to ally heroes as well when you were controlling them; now only ever affects your own hero. Integrated TinyUI compatibility into the main .honmod (thanks to FrozenDragon!). Added auto-updating paths - future updates can be downloaded directly via the mod manager.
    27.09.09: Fixed misc bugs; queue is now cleared between games. Old mod file format version is now incompatible with mods using ui/game_hero_select.interface. New mod file format (for the mod manager) is now provided.
    23.09.09: Fixed some bugs, added clear queue functionality.
    22.09.09: Initial release.
    Last edited by Notausgang; 03-02-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Account Icon
    nice
    o and Notausgang when u want me to send u the xml file?
    in loving memory of Rikimaru

Awesome, first post is off-topic already. And: send it whenever you're finished doing with it whatever you're doing with it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ottawa, Canada, Earth, Sol Sector, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe
    Nice. Very very nice. I dunno if I'm going to use it though... I'm worried that I might accidentally click to queue something without noticing and mess it up.

oops dident read all of it, silly me. anyways nice mod. will try it out soon.
    Last edited by FearParanoia; 09-22-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Notausgang View Post
    Awesome, first post is off-topic already. And: send it whenever you're finished doing with it whatever you're doing with it.
    Dont get mad off my off post :P i commented i tryed i liked it
    in loving memory of Rikimaru

Very impressive! Will surely check it out.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Formerly Lprsti99

Yo Notausgang, this is pretty good, and I'ma let you finish, but Bard has the best UI Mod OF ALL TIME.

Nah just kidding, this is really really awesome and helpful, thanks!

Nice mod!
    Thought myself after bangerz mod about doing sth like this^^

Some Bugs:
    -if you have 1 or more stats in queue you can't remove all of them, one stays in the queue. ( i think stats has some little problems, because of that; maybe only display bug) (Oh, i see it does autoqueue stats, when nothing else possible... maybe it only happened in practice mode after reset, so I'm not so sure about this bug anymore...)
    -the List doesn't always show the correct queue: i messed around in practice mode, my queue was empty and it took stats on lvl 15 (as intended) and stats at lvl 16 (not intended, i couldn't choose ultimate), had to take it at lvl 17. (same here^^.. maybe it's buggy only in practice mode)

Some Suggestions:
    -you shouldn't be able to queue an ability more than 4-(actual level) times (3 for ult)
    -right click on the arrow button (which hides the other buttons) to remove the whole queue
    Last edited by blackAngel88; 09-23-2009 at 06:13 AM.
    [UI Combo] My BIG Combo Mod Contains Tiny UI and many Improvements!

I'll check what you describe when I get home tonight, but could you try giving me accurate instructions on how to encounter one of the bugs you describe? (as in, start practice mode, learn ability x, queue up abilities x, y, z, level up 7 times; w/e)

As for the suggestions: I was too lazy to make it count how often which skill is queued, and I don't think it's that important if you use the mod seriously.
    The other suggestion is easily implemented and I can do so next release.

k, nice.. I'll check again later^^

It should be working 100% fine in practice mode as long as you don't reset your hero's level while there is something in the queue or hit the "max level" button.

ok, i made the tests now without reseting when something was in the queue.
    Using it correctly, i haven't found any bugs.

it's a little buggy if you queue skills that can't be skilled at that point in the queue.

it's not foolproof, but it works fine^^ :>

this should be banned. auto stuff like this makes the game 2 easy. part of the skill in the game is being able to level a skill quickly while in the heat of the battle especially early game where an extra level or a different skill can make all the difference. well done on making it bt when competitive play comes into action i think ull find all ui mods like this banned

Account Icon
    help for the chronically lazy
    i like lots thanks (i'd type more, but you know)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    this should be banned. auto stuff like this makes the game 2 easy. part of the skill in the game is being able to level a skill quickly while in the heat of the battle especially early game where an extra level or a different skill can make all the difference. well done on making it bt when competitive play comes into action i think ull find all ui mods like this banned
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Game skill should not be based on limitations of the user interface, but on how well one can play the game.

+1 Notausgang for an excellent mod.

Account Icon
    Thx for this!
    [suggestion]Implement SmartCast keys:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=384829

Quote Originally Posted by blackAngel88 View Post
    it's a little buggy if you queue skills that can't be skilled at that point in the queue.
    In what way? I spent quite some time fixing bugs in that area; the intended behaviour is:
    - If a skill point is available but the requirements for the ability at the front of the queue are not met the skill point is not spent.
    - Once the hero level is high enough to allow skilling the first ability in the queue the ability is skilled once, and if any skill points are left over the next ability in the queue is considered. Thus, it may happen that multiple abilities are skilled at once.

Account Icon
    i tried it out and i found some issues. it picks a random skill for in on lvl 1 and if you forget to que for a lvl it picks a random skill for you got stats on lvl 2 =( never forgot to pick again so don't know if it always picks stats after lvl 1. on lvl 1 it took a random skill for me.

I did now encounter some bugs myself; will post an updated version as soon as I figure out what's going on.

Done for today, fixed a bug blackAngel88 found, one regarding skilling Attributes automatically around level 15-17; and added a "clear whole list" as right-click function to the "show skilling buttons" button as someone requested.

Todo: disable the mod as long as one has an ally leaver's hero selected; can't be bothered to find a test case and find out how to recognize that right now.

Edit: bump requested
    Last edited by Notausgang; 09-23-2009 at 02:35 PM.