Thread: Auto Accept Updates v1.1 - 12/04/2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Auto Accept Updates v1.1 - 12/04/2011

Did you ever start Heroes of Newerth and immediately went downstairs to get something to drink or eat? Did you ever come back up the stairs, ready to play some HoN with your friends, only to find the login screen was stuck at the "Do you want to update?"-dialog? This mod automatically accepts any update when available during login.

Download: Click here (Save as)

Changelog
    1.1: Also checks for updates when you use the logout button in the systembar. Useful when you are logged in during a patch release.
    1.0: Initial release

Be sure to check out my other mod: Quick Team Matchmaking, it's tailored to speedup matchmaking for the real lazy ones.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My first thought is "What if I was disconnected from a game and tried to rejoin and this mod accepts the update".

Maybe check for a reconnect attempt before clicking yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    My first thought is "What if I was disconnected from a game and tried to rejoin and this mod accepts the update".

Maybe check for a reconnect attempt before clicking yes?
    I hadn't thought of that. Shouldn't be too much of problem though, if your PC/HoN crashed during a game you are actually there to click "Cancel update" and just login normally and continue your running game. I'll look into doing this automatically next week.

Account Icon
    Neat! Thanks a lot.
    With friends like you, there's no need for enemies. With friends like you, there's no need for anything.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Does this only work if you have "auto login" enabled? Because if I were to use it, naturally I would want to launch hon -> afk -> return to a downloaded update. I don't use auto login though, so yeah.

Account Icon
    From patch 2.0.22.1 to 2.0.23.0 this didn't work. I was logged in, I logged out, then tried to log in, the patch message appeared, but nothing happpened.

Account Icon
    I always do that :L

Account Icon
    It worked from 2.0.23.0 from 2.0.24.0. But I opened HoN, showed up the update and automatically did it. But when I was already logged in, didn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfofthebla View Post
    Does this only work if you have "auto login" enabled? Because if I were to use it, naturally I would want to launch hon -> afk -> return to a downloaded update. I don't use auto login though, so yeah.
    This also works if you do not use "auto login". Let me know if you run into any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SHiRKiT View Post
    It worked from 2.0.23.0 from 2.0.24.0. But I opened HoN, showed up the update and automatically did it. But when I was already logged in, didn't seem to work.
    The mod only checks for updates right after you launch HoN. So if you are logged in during the moment a new patch comes out and you logout and login again, it doesn't work. I'll see what i can do about it, to make it so that it always checks.

Quote Originally Posted by SHiRKiT View Post
    From patch 2.0.22.1 to 2.0.23.0 this didn't work. I was logged in, I logged out, then tried to log in, the patch message appeared, but nothing happpened.
    Try updating to 1.1, the mod now also checks for updates when you logout.

Bugged last patch

Please update!

Need a update for new patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?trllocyqju8pvjb

@itons please, update txt and url, so can be available for download via HoN Mod manager

Great mod, btw
    - Silence!
    Last Hit Assist mod - http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=371642

Account Icon
    if people need a mod that clicks a mouse once for them outside of actual gameplay......

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by bodydoc View Post
    http://www.mediafire.com/?trllocyqju8pvjb

@itons please, update txt and url, so can be available for download via HoN Mod manager

Great mod, btw
    thank you for the fix, working with the latest HoN version...

Please update for the new patch