Direct port suggestions are NOT allowed. Therefore DO NOT vote "No" if you only want a direct port. Also keep in mind that S2 will take care of the numbers anyway. If they want a 1:1 Lanaya copy they will do so. The concept and the theme is important, therefore all readers should look and decide primarily upon these criteria and not numbers.
(Master of the Flying Guillotine)
When Newerth began Wu, the former head instructor of the emperors army, suffered from strange body mutations like many others. His skin turned into scales which eventually changed their pigmentation. Unfortunately all not 100% human beings were discarded and he had to leave the royal court. Now he's fighting the beasts with his martial arts experience as well as with his newly adopted abilities.
Name: Gave me a headache. "Wu" might be too short for some people, so it could be "Master Wu" instead. (Btw, "Wu" is pronounces "Uh" (not "Woo" and also not "You")).
An alternative could be "Bian" (unlike Wu, not a typical chinese name - though it would suit better to a female character).
Bian (变) simply means to fade, change or the unexpected. It's part of the
expression Bian se long (变色龙), which means chameleon ("Change hue dragon").
Look: Human (male). Though a chameleon mutated like character is also highly imaginable/adoreable. Looking chinese is not a must, especially not when going for the alternative name "Bian".
"For the emperor!"
"Your head will be my trophy."
"Do you enjoy being sliced?"
"Shall I hide?"
"Expect me anytime."
"Lets have some tea first."
Early/mid game --> Ganker, Laning
Late game --> Carry, Ganker
: 18 + 1.7
: 23 + 2.7
: 20 + 2.0
(Total Base stats: 61 (average))
(Total stat gain: 6.4 (average))
* Affiliation: Legion
* Damage: 45 - 55
* Armor: 4.3
* Movespeed: 305
* Attack Range: 140
Way of the Chameleon
The Master knows how effective the element of suprise can be. Therefore he perfected his ability to camouflage himself. His chameleon like skin helps a lot and makes him invisible against any backdrop.
Mana Cost: 60/60/60/60
Cooldown: 8/8/8/8 seconds
Fade time: Instant
Duration: 2.75/3.50/4.25/5.00 seconds
Effects: You turn and remain invisible at your current position unless you move (are being moved) or attack. If you decide to end your camouflage by an attack, that attack will do +80/120/160/200 dmg and slow the enemies hit by 15/25/35/45% for 5 sec.
• You can cast your Ultimate without breaking invisibility.
• Only abilities that move your hero will cancel the invisibility (for e.g. Zephyrs jump or Devourers hook).
• An AoE stun or damage will not break invis (just like Lanayas), but still deal dmg of course.
PS: Make it look cool, really melting the char and the background together
(it can have a ~0.5 fade animation although being instant.)
"Studying herbs can save lives, mastering herbalism makes life save."
Consume a tree to gain plant extracts to make either a natural bandage or a poisonous potion of them.
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110
Cooldown: 32/24/16/8 sec (after using the skill, that's the time you need to wait to be able to charge it again).
Casting Range: melee (on allies) or 500 (throwing the potion on foes).
Duration: 8 seconds
Effects: Using it on an ally will heal them by 80/160/240/320 health over the next 8 seconds. Using it on a foe will slowly poison them. They're armor is reduced by -0.25/-0.50/-0.75/-1.00 per sec and their movespeed by 2%/3%/4%/5% per sec for 8 sec.
• Consuming a tree "charges" the spell. The charge will not vanish until used (only 1 charge possible).
• Can be cast without breaking invisibility, but can not be charged without breaking invis.
(obviously the flying phiole has to be visible, but I think it would be extremely cool to have the fade animation shown I mentioned for the 2nd skill (without actually breaking invis)) again. (It's important though, that it does not break "Meld"/WotC).
• The skill is a good lane control early on (not having to go to the fountain to heal), while in the endgame the healing is still helpful, but nothing to rely on.
Later in the game it is a very good gank skill (replacing Lanayas traps (which i consider a bad concept anyway)). And it's also a good escape skill... I have the feeling it will lead to a lot of situations where you can escape with only a few hitpoints, eventually making the chaser overextend into the own defense line...)
The Flying Guillotine
Wu is the Master of the Flying Guillotine. Being able to throw a weapon as deadly as the Flying Guillotine with max strength and velocity took decades of hard training, but it was definitely worth it.
Passive Ability: Your attack range increases and pierces now all the units on it's way.
Effects: Attack range: +130/+240/+350/+460 (=270/380/490/600 total range)
• Attack modifiers are not applied to secondary targets, but the dmg to them will be pure/not reduced by armor (just like Layanas attack was handled).
• Lanaya would dmg enemies behind her target, the Master will hit enemies between him and his target). (Mechanics: so the dmg to the secondary targets have to be calculated before the projectile hits internally, since the secondary targets will still be damaged, if the main target evades).
You are entering a state of rage enabling you to ignore a few damage instances while you try to behead your enemies with your Flying Guillotine.
Mana Cost: 100/125/150
Cooldown: 30/30/30 seconds
Allo. Targets: Self, casting does not break invisibility
Duration: 20s OR 3/4/5 attacks
Effects: Deals +40/60/80 damage and blocks incoming dmg for up to 3/4/5 instances. As long as the buff is active attacking an enemy hero with less than 180/270/360 hp will make you behead the foe with a special spell animation.
• Staff of the Master adds +2 block instances plus it lasts 2 attacks longer. The behead threshold also increases by +90 hitpoints (=450 at lvl16).
• Direct HP Removal does not trigger the dmg block stances; only instances of more than 5 damage (after all reductions) will remove a charge.
• The instance blocking and damage bonus are independent of each other; the buff along with the Decapitate possibility and eventual remaining block instances will vanish if the
damage bonus instances are used up.
• Decapitating only works on heroes and it will have a special animation; here some inspirations for S2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M-DKv0Z2BM&fmt=18 & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKK2KpChwzo&fmt=18
Shieldbreaker, DPS-items, Shrunken Head, Bracelets, Demonic Breastplate, Staff of the Master.
Homage to the epic wu xia flick(s) of Shaw Brothers.
The slow effect of Lanayas traps has been moved to Way of the Chameleon/Meld and Herbalism, while the latter makes him an even better hero-killer than he used to be also giving him a little laning endurance along with team supporting possibilty. The aoe attack works slightly different but basically still the same. Refraction is now the ultimate, which automatically kills low heroes similar to culling blade with an awesome spell animation.
Oh my... this hero will be feared a lot. (If you come too close, he can whack you within a few attacks, though he still is fragile especially to nukes and disables - very similar to Lanaya
血滴子 Xie3 Di1 Zi2 ("The Flying Guillotine") <-- just in case someone wants to add some Chinese characters to the character model/armor/weapon
Concerning brutality: Legionnaire also decapitates and there even is a flying head (well, an orange glowing ball) flying through the air. Concerning Lego's exclusiveness: He kills if under 625 hp, the Master only if under 360 hp. Late game your normal attack will probably deal just that much dmg anyway, so it's more like a bonus and mainly important for the hero/skill theme. Anyone notice how similar an attack with the Flying Guillotine resembles to a Chameleon snapping for a fly with his tongue?