Thread: Why do people rage? What is wrong with them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do people rage? What is wrong with them?

Greetings,

I have been playing Heroes of Newerth for a while and not once have I ever raged. For example, if I see refuse to get Electric Eye and not rush for :RunedAxe:, I do not get upset or proceed to blame him for anything. If you would like proof, please check all of the chat logs for all of the games I have ever played (have fun with that).

Anyway, to the people within this community who seem to have this problem, I would like to ask: what is wrong with you?

Thank you,

Potfish

ppl (read me) tend to care about things they put an hour of their life into (read match) and tend to get angry at some one they feel is stealing 2 hours from they (the game that person lost for them and the game to make up the mmr/psr)

i do not deal with anger well
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/KSlidz/Steam/
    go and support new support heroes.

People enjoy the game, they like winning against other people. They don't like losing.
    => they get emotionally involved

Same thing with sports really.

I don't have a problem if people sometimes get emotional in a tense game, as long as they're cool before and after.

Account Icon
    because this game is very time consuming to play and it pisses people off when their time gets wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Fido View Post
    because this game is very time consuming to play and it pisses people off when their time gets wasted?
    I have never understood this argument. You are on a computer playing Heroes of Newerth; your time is being "wasted" regardless of whether you are winning or losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Potfish View Post
    I have never understood this argument. You are on a computer playing Heroes of Newerth; your time is being "wasted" regardless of whether you are winning or losing.
    why are stats recorded??

some ppl care
    i want to eventually get into the comp scene
    im not good enough now

but if games i lose are lost due to a bad player i dont learn much cause i dont know what i did was good or bad
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/KSlidz/Steam/
    go and support new support heroes.

Account Icon
    Tempest Solar System, Tempest Planet, Tempest City, Tempest Ocean, Tempest Woods, Tempest 6 Arabs
    I never raged, i have fun when i troll people in all games, because it is giving you more fun, listening how people rage on you
    Example :
    http://loh.ru/1a10
    18+

Account Icon
    yeah waiting to respawn is not playing

When people are getting raped in FPS games they usually quit because a)they are getting owned and b) you are not playing while waiting to respawn so much(time wasted)

in HoN you cant quit...you are forced to stay and that pisses ppl off = rage

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Because people rage at you and they trash talk you, so you trash talk them back. And everyone always wants the last word so it's a never ending cycle of immature kids who call themselves adults because they're over 18.
    I wish Immortal was back in Beta

Useless hippies are useless.

Honestly, I rage, a lot. Like I yell at everyone, even S2 ppl. If I am going to sit in a game for 45 minutes, I am going to win. I want everyone to be around my skill level. Otherwise it's too frusterating. I don't play this game to teach others what to do, I play this game to win.

I am a competitive person in nature, I apply this to everything I do in my life. It has some negative and positive consequences, but nonetheless I choose to be just take everything I do seriously. If you don't do the same, we are going to disagree and it will probably result in a conflict through me yelling at you and you ignoring me, and then me throwing the game in a way that is not bannable by GM's.

My problem, after coming away from my first few games, is that there are way too many people who are willing to ruin the experience for new players by being total <bleeps>. They're rude, intolerant and often nasty.

It makes the game exceptionally elitist and not including for new players.

The worst thing of all is that players join with perhaps 100 games under their belt, and they're telling me what to do, in the game I created called 'absolute newbies only' and they think it's acceptable to insult, trash talk, and generally rage at me for making mistakes or not being 'at their skill level'.

This, sadly, is not an isolated instance on this game, but it does appear to be hugely contrary to real life where people are far more likely to assume a supervisory role with newbies.

I guess it's a scathing indictment of the gaming industry in general.

I'm logging after my first night of play and after the way I've been treated, I don't know if I even want to come back.

And while the more short sighted of you will say 'good riddance', this mindset is not a good thing for any online multiplayer game.

Lack of tolerance in life is never a good thing, but it seems to be pervasive in online gaming.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    go play lol if you dont care about winning

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnedown View Post
    go play lol if you dont care about winning
    Why?

HoN is better than LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by KSlidz View Post
    why are stats recorded??

some ppl care
    i want to eventually get into the comp scene
    im not good enough now

but if games i lose are lost due to a bad player i dont learn much cause i dont know what i did was good or bad

At the end of the day even if you lose you can take away something from the game, everyone makes mistakes. You can learn just as much from losing as you can from winning.

VIDEO GAMES ARENT MEANT TO BE FUN
    THIS IS A WAY OF LIFE
    SO SERIOUS
    IF YOU DO NOT CONFORM TO COOKIE CUTTER AND SUPPORT THE PPL THAT CHOSE TO TRY AND CARRY YOU ARE BAD AND NEED TO /UNINSTALL
    IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY TO WARD AND CHICKEN FOR PEOPLE
    also, you are supposed to read minds and know whatever language the non english people are speaking so you play the game the way they want you to
    Thanks

edit: recently found the /ic command, I love it, when ppl start getting stupid just /ic until all and team chat is muted, then proceed to enjoy your game

I just take another bong hit.

People play video games for entertainment. Some more than others, obviously. Now if your form of entertainment is ruined by someone, wouldn't that bother you? After a while it builds up to where you pretty much snap on the smallest things. I rage often, this game stresses me out to no end. However, when I'm winning or an epic battle happens I am extremely pleased. Everyone does what they do, why question it? Just do you and be happy with that. At least you're not the one being a prick.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's a competitive game in nature.
    It means one team wins and one team loses.
    The team that wins is better than the team that loses.
    People want to be the best.
    People on one team being worse then another player on their are frustrating because

a) They will most likely make you lose making you look like a worse player
    b) They won't acknowledge the better player as a better player as themselves
    c) Unwilling to learn from their mistakes/hints given by rager.

These and many other elements are things which are a big part of most hon players attitudes.
    You have the players who are decently skilled and rage hard, and you've got the bad players who think they're 'trolling xD rofl so random'.