Thread: BardUI v0.96 - Last Update 26/03/2010

Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast

BardUI v0.96 - Last Update 26/03/2010

New thread: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=189151

BardUI
    Welcome to the thread for my last mod, while this is only the first version and just a beta merging my two old mods rewritten from scratch (and there could be still bugs around), the long term plan for this is to become eventually a full UI remake, so expect it to grow and become quite different over time.
    (oh, and sorry for the huge pics, I noticed too late :P I might fix those eventually... maybe.. I might... ;D)

Download

Installation
    Use HoN Modification Manager.

Once you've opened HoN, open the BardUI options panel clicking the "B" in the top-right area while in a game, go to the System tab and press the Reset button. Really, do it. Then press Ctrl+F8 to open the console, type reloadinterfaces and hit enter, then Ctrl+F8 to close the console, once it comes back.

Plans for the Future
    - separate/moveable unitframes
    - remake of various other parts of the interface (targetframe, active-unit frame, etc..)
    - more added functionality (enemy-ultimate manually activated timers, random stealing of other people ideas ;D *if I get the permissions*, etc)

Changelog
    Note:
    * except maybe some minor release to fix stuff, next version will be 1.0 ... ... .. I hope.
    0.96 ---
    * fixed mod.xml for the new version
    * fixed scoreboard randomly closing by itself (Issue ID 4)
    * added a "always show" option to VoIP sliders to configure them (Issue ID 3)
    Note: I do realize there's no way to hide the fast-share button, I'll make that disappear along the rest of the top-left frame when the bottom part of the UI is ready (with a similar function in it)
    0.95b ---
    * reuploaded the honmod file with the RuneTimer fix thanks to Ornedan
    0.95 ---
    * removed cC_panel menu, blame whiners :P
    * new minimap (resizable and optional)
    * remade the scoreboard
    - cleaned and improved the code for it (more like remade it)
    - added player colors in the "small" scoreboard view (tell me if it's clear enough like this, if not I might change it in the future)
    * random thanks to random people that helped
    - MaxGhost as usual and Keshoon for helpin with the mod.xml
    - AsiaPingPong for some tips on the minimap.
    - all the people spamming on #honlabs@irc.s2games.com
    0.94 ---
    * added an alternative "clock" in the top-center of the ui
    * now enabling/disabling the unitframes hides/shows also the topleft hero unitframe and not only the original party-frames
    * added voip sliders (they still need work but they're in for now)
    * added rune timer with inchat warning (not teamchat, it's a game message, might add a sound in the future, not sure, how does "gotta catch em all" sounds? )
    * added new scoreboard and new topright buttons (can still use original ones from settings)
    * some tweaks here and there in the code I suppose :P
    0.93 ---
    * added a border that show the level of the skill on the skill icons
    * moved the disconnect timers and loading% text in the ally's portrait (they were half-hidden by the level, now they're aligned to the top of the portrait)
    * added font sizes: 13, 15 and 17 to 26
    0.92b ---
    * added back the missing texture I forgot to include in 0.92 :P
    0.92 ---
    * fixed an issue that some people had that caused the addons to not save the settings in certain cases (more like worked around it since it's a HoN issue, thanks to Barter for that btw)
    * fixed an issue with the improved buff-icons where charges of buffs (like Demented Shaman's 2nd and ultimate skill and Armadon's ultimate) would overlap with duration
    * now BuffBars can grow upwards! (thanks to Barters help on this too)
    * remade the missbuttons
    - no more textures
    - customizable 1-2 letters label
    - up to 10 buttons
    - resizable
    * added customizable font size for buffbars and bufficons
    0.91 ---
    * fixed an issue with missbuttons blocking the mouse even when they're disabled
    * fixed an issue with missbuttons not being able to be moved all the way to the right in widescreens
    * fixed an issue with 1st custom missbutton not working if right-clicked
    * added custom Buffs icons that will let you choose:
    - size of the icons
    - position of the icons
    - enable/disable written cooldown timers
    * added custom Buff bars that deplete to indicate the time left of a buff, you can choose
    - size of the bars (height/width)
    - position of the bars
    unluckily there's no options to make them grow upwards :\ I'll see what I can do but it'll be hard
    * added disable options for the unitframes (of course this will re-enable the standard unitframes)
    * fixed a HUGE displacement of 0.05h of the BardUI button! ;D
    * changed the position of the bottom unitframe to stick to the "central part" of the UI, hopefully this will look a bit better on 16:9 monitors.

0.90 --
    released

A Final Note:
    this is and will be the only mod I'll maintain, that means two things..
    1- my old two mods will be discontinued and absorbed in here
    2- any other feature I want to script WILL be added in there, if you don't like or need them, I'll put ways to disable it in the menu.
    Last edited by Tripwyr; 07-01-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    [Retired]
    Quzzap is now maintaining and improving the BardUI I abandoned so long ago, you can get it in his thread in the mod forums and don't forget to thank him!

Unitframes
    They can be placed either in the usual spot on the top-left or, ONLY if you have a widescreen, in the bottom part where there's only the stone-wall texture. In either case there's a small panel on the right that if clicked will slide out showing the icons to mute and share. If they're placed in the topleft you can click on the colored rectangles of a frame that show the skills status to expand that frame and show full skill icons with cooldowns (also it will display the amount of gold that each of your allies has).
    You can change the position of the frames from the menu.

Unitframes Bottom

Unitframes Top-left

Miss Buttons
    Those are 3 buttons (plus 3 custom ones that can be enabled) that will say to the team chat different sentences, two each (one on left-click and one on rightclick).
    The sentences for the first three buttons default to some Miss/Returned message for the three lanes, but all 6 buttons can be customized to say whatever you want.
    The buttons are usually placed over the minimap but can be moved from the options menu.

Miss Buttons

Improved Buffs (Icons and Bars)

Options Menu

Here you'll be able to enable/disable and edit the settings for all the parts of the BardUI, it can be accessed in two ways: from the CC Panel (F6, it's on the bottom left) or ingame clicking the "Bard UI" button on the topright.

The System page of this menu contains a "Reset" button that will set all the settings to default. It is also used to create all the variables when you install the addon the first time till I will implement something to auto-install them :P
    Last edited by Bard; 09-23-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    [Retired]
    Quzzap is now maintaining and improving the BardUI I abandoned so long ago, you can get it in his thread in the mod forums and don't forget to thank him!

awsume

Really really nice! I'm downloading and testing it right now, i was just looking for an mod like this <3

Account Icon
    sweet! testing later

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This looks super. I have problems with the toggle buttons for miss/re settings. I can't toggle them at all.

Also we should make this a ultimate project. We should form a team of many mod developers and implement all game.interface mods with this mod. This really looks just so perfect frame work.

You should at least merge the powers with Barter . He has very nice things like the death timers, target UI and the infobox.
    My maintained mods: Tweaked Menu Buttons
    My suggestions: Merge Legion / Hellbourne hero pools
    All we really need: Ability to host unofficial servers with any server-side mods

we love merging

Quote Originally Posted by Ape3000 View Post
    You should at least merge the powers with Barter . He has very nice things like the death timers, target UI and the infobox.
    That reminds me of someone talking about SSJ Bardter fusion over on Jabber

Anyway about toggles... have you used the reset button after installing and reloaded the UI after that? usually they give that issue when they can't find the var.
    Meanwhile I'll try to reinstall it a couple of times myself to see if I find something else wrong
    [Retired]

Epic, gonna test now
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccentrikit View Post
    How to use ALT + F4 to RAGE QUIT HoN:
    1) Open Console (Ctrl + F8)
    2) Type in "Bind ALT+F4 Quit"
    -Alternatively, you can use "Disconnect" instead of "Quit" to disconnect from current game.
    3) press ALT + F4 to RAGE QUIT!
    -Note: This will NOT work if you have a chatbox focused. (Escape to unfocus a chatbox)
    **If you have any questions about keybinds in HoN, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to help.

Account Icon
    Bard, those screenshots made me jizz in my pants

The team frames in the extra widescreen spaces is amazing and makes me wish I had a widescreen
    Last edited by Warchamp7; 09-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.

some people have been asking how to make the full icons appear in the unitframes, so I made a simple illustrated guide about it...
    [Retired]

This doesn't work in practice games.. or am I missing something?

Account Icon
    I think you should get some new buttons for the MISS/RE buttons as they're hard to read but besides that this looks amazing. Gonna go play an actual game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    This doesn't work in practice games.. or am I missing something?
    Did you make sure to do this part?
    Then, once you've opened HoN, open the options panel (F6), go in the System page and press the Reset button. Then reboot the game or reload the interface (write ReloadInterfaces in the console)

it shouldn't work in practice games, practice only YOU, this shows your TEAMMATES who don't exist practice games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccentrikit View Post
    How to use ALT + F4 to RAGE QUIT HoN:
    1) Open Console (Ctrl + F8)
    2) Type in "Bind ALT+F4 Quit"
    -Alternatively, you can use "Disconnect" instead of "Quit" to disconnect from current game.
    3) press ALT + F4 to RAGE QUIT!
    -Note: This will NOT work if you have a chatbox focused. (Escape to unfocus a chatbox)
    **If you have any questions about keybinds in HoN, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to help.

Account Icon
    i <3 Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7 View Post
    Bard, those screenshots made me jizz in my pants
    Pretty much... :P

Wow Bard. The widescreen UI you created here is amazing!

I really think you're on the right track with building in enable/disable features. The ability to shift things in game rather than b/w games really adds a lot.

I hope that the timer functionality in Vadi's Better Buff/Debuff Indicators is one of the "random...other people's ideas" that makes it in.

Thanks for sharing your work. Well done!
    Last edited by HeavySoul; 09-20-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Playing this game is more fun when people are nice to each other.
    Support your team, communicate, and have a good game because of it!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySoul View Post
    Pretty much... :P

Wow Bard. The widescreen UI you created here is amazing!

I really think you're on the right track with building in enable/disable features. The ability to shift things in game rather than b/w games really adds a lot.

I hope that the timer functionality in Vadi's Better Buff/Debuff Indicators is one of the "random...other people's ideas" that makes it in.

Thanks for sharing your work. Well done!
    they are indeed what I'm working on, if all goes well there will be 2 versions for the buffs, one like vadi's one but with a customizable size, and one based on something I used on WoW

I think you should get some new buttons for the MISS/RE buttons as they're hard to read
    yeah, they look awful, I think I'll just remake them without textures and with a "custom" letter on them eventually
    [Retired]

Just by curiosity, how long did it take to make all this?:P

Yay! Glad that's on your list!

Had another thought - while it would be great if I always remembered all the details of all the skills of every hero all the time...I don't. At least not yet.

Is it possible to make a tooltip pop up when you hover over allies skill icons in the UI? The expanded information one that you get for skill level-ups would be ideal. This would be especially useful when helping a friend or pub who is new to the game.
    Playing this game is more fun when people are nice to each other.
    Support your team, communicate, and have a good game because of it!

Account Icon
    Bard is it possible to make the down arrow hide and unhide your hero frames? Right now theres a tiny area you can click that hides/unhides the old frames. Not to mention I'd like to be able to hide the frames
    Last edited by Warchamp7; 09-20-2009 at 07:49 PM.