Toggle Snow

Thread: Honcast breakycpk is not informative.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Honcast breakycpk is not informative.

Honestly, I appreciate his excitement on castings, but I am finding he doesn't have any extensive knowledge on the game.

THings he does is just random shout whenever there is a battle going on.

Example when SK gaming had the lineups:
    he was saying that he wasn't sure why was spamming his ultimate. well the reason is it takes it time to click to -armor and i knew soon after a few clicks the sw will ult then follow by a tb ult and bubbles and plague. but he just goes on and on about shouting and says he doesn't know why the other team dropped sooo fast.

anyways there are countless times he's just clueless about the game. His comments are clearly showing he doesn't understand the game too much. Becuase of this peopel are lead to that ganking = the entire game. But really this game is alot more than that. Outfarming and avoiding ganks can outweigh just endless ganks. Or capitalizing on tower trades is not necessarily "OMG stupid X player didn't port back to defend mid against 5 players" when he ports back that'll do nothing and he'll lose farm, where as if he pushed alone and got a tower then that would atleast allow some kinda of trade off in losing a tower themselves.

anyways, just a thought.

Ps, his screaming/shouting on mic is redundant, it's really getting irratating. Plus he seems to only focus on tri lanes and less emphasiss on the other lanes. He doesn't comment about how thier movements are, how they are denying and their approach to try to move other players out of the exp range to deny.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's been that way since it started, other than his constant shouting and MAGGGGGGGGGMUSSSS ULTTTTT and OMFG PLAGUE RIDER ULT EVERYHWERE, he doesn't really bring much to the table.

Your unbridled wrath, is it truly righteousness that drives you? I wonder.
    (If you want to know where my Signature is from just click it, DO NOT
    send me more Private Messages about it.
    )

Yep. Mixed with phill the thrill they are the two stupidest ****s ever. Phill knows **** all about hon and any cast i see with him i just go and download the replay. Pwns stream is so much better and is such good quality. You should start using him

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I like Breaky, he brings excitement to the game, amongst stupid shitt that makes me giggle. To me thats the main attribute a caster needs

Welcome to the small club that realizes this. We're still outnumbered and that's all HoNCast will ever care about.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the only rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Epicbo View Post

LOL very nice.

on honcast they mess up their words way to much which gets confusing and they dont even correct eachother.
    gets quite annoying just sayin'

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just keep in mind that breaky is an insipid retard sitting at home acting like he's God's gift to gaming and thinking that gatorade is remotely healthy and encourages people to drink it adding to America's obesity problem. But hey, if you suck dick at a game and want to still feel involved since you have no life outside of the internet, might as well pick up shoutcasting.

Hes still the best we have in terms of shoutcasting. GR is just not engaging enough, even though they have the more informative casts with Nova, they just bore me to sleep with their lack of any real emotion.
    My Demon Side Demands Blood.

get them some real competitive insight and everything will be fine

why doesnt fresh cast there anymore, or even henry :q

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    NoVa_'s casts on GR are amazing. You should check those out.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ardnuT View Post
    NoVa_'s casts on GR are amazing. You should check those out.
    100% this.

You should watch Honcast for entertainment not to learn much, but to have fun. On the other hand, the insight from NoVa_ is absolutely sick, check out his casts with Kebap, very very good to get a better sense of what goes on in the mind of the teams.

I like Breaky for his caststyle, massaction on the screen is mostly quite fun with him commentating, even if flint outranges the melee rax

My Youtube Channel with loads of FP VoD Scrims || Latest: vs [MSI]

Breaky still gives the most exciting casts.

I can only watch 1 or 2 of the Euro casts (GR) before falling asleep. Yeah they're informative, but too analytical/theoretical. Very informative and great for learning, but kinda boring.

Quote Originally Posted by INTERactive View Post
    Honestly, I appreciate his excitement on castings, but I am finding he doesn't have any extensive knowledge on the game.

THings he does is just random shout whenever there is a battle going on.

Example when SK gaming had the lineups:
    he was saying that he wasn't sure why was spamming his ultimate. well the reason is it takes it time to click to -armor and i knew soon after a few clicks the sw will ult then follow by a tb ult and bubbles and plague. but he just goes on and on about shouting and says he doesn't know why the other team dropped sooo fast.

anyways there are countless times he's just clueless about the game. His comments are clearly showing he doesn't understand the game too much. Becuase of this peopel are lead to that ganking = the entire game. But really this game is alot more than that. Outfarming and avoiding ganks can outweigh just endless ganks. Or capitalizing on tower trades is not necessarily "OMG stupid X player didn't port back to defend mid against 5 players" when he ports back that'll do nothing and he'll lose farm, where as if he pushed alone and got a tower then that would atleast allow some kinda of trade off in losing a tower themselves.

anyways, just a thought.

Ps, his screaming/shouting on mic is redundant, it's really getting irratating. Plus he seems to only focus on tri lanes and less emphasiss on the other lanes. He doesn't comment about how thier movements are, how they are denying and their approach to try to move other players out of the exp range to deny.
    Go make a better cast, seeing as it's apparently so easy.

Who cares if the caster knows **** all about the game? As long as it's entertaining to watch and the camera isn't controlled by a dude with parkinsons, it's fine. Who the hell is watching a cast to get tactical insight anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyann View Post
    Who the hell is watching a cast to get tactical insight anyway?
    Plenty of people.

Up until recently, watching a cast to get tactical insight hasn't really been available as an option for viewers. Now, there are casters with a thorough understanding of HoN, ventcasts and livestreams, so watching HoN to be both entertained and enlightened is quickly gaining popularity.
    Support my idea for an Announcer Pack, alt avatar Mermaid!

Chapy Match Predictions
    Successful Predictions: 2/2 (100%)
    Latest Predictions: newer - 987654321 - older

ye that was a rhetorical question. That means dont answer it.

Forums aren't very good at being rhetorical. Jus' sayin'.

Want Graphic Design work done? Blablabla, I'm awesome and cheap.
    www.prophetforprofit.ch

Quote Originally Posted by klejf View Post
    get them some real competitive insight and everything will be fine

why doesnt fresh cast there anymore, or even henry :q
    That's because Phil is better competitive insight ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyann View Post
    ye that was a rhetorical question. That means dont answer it.
    It was worth making my point since I feel it somewhat explains the recent sentiments.

I think many people had unnecessarily low standards, like yourself, when it came to what quality you could expect from a cast. That level of quality seemed to be the status quo, since it was hard to compare the 'norm' to something different, when that something different hadn't existed util recently.

If anything, it just means that, yet again, every casting entity needs to strive for greatness and push the envelope of people's expectations, a win.
    Support my idea for an Announcer Pack, alt avatar Mermaid!

Chapy Match Predictions
    Successful Predictions: 2/2 (100%)
    Latest Predictions: newer - 987654321 - older

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast