This thread is designed to brainstorm for upgrades to a hero (preferably just their ultimate) when equipped with Staff of the Master (SotM). As it currently stands, there are 19 heroes that can effectively benefit from wielding a SotM. These heroes are:
- Demented Shaman
- Moon Queen
- Pollywog Priest
- Voodoo Jester
- Wretched Hag
In the current version of HoN, there are (25 Legion + 24 Hellbourne) 49 heroes, and only 19 heroes that can make use of SotM. I, personally, would like to expand that number to include all heroes. Maybe not all at once, but eventually, I think it should be a valid option for anyone. A unique boost to every hero's independant ultimate.
So, once again, this thread's purpose is to create new & unique ideas for an upgraded versions of every hero's ultimate spell. Let's get to it, what ideas do you have?
Lay 'em on me!
I'll start. This post and my next are my initial suggestions for SotM upgrades, Legion & Hellbourne heroes are listed respectively. Please don't limit yourself to my suggestions, put forward your own! This is a brainstorming thread!
- Reduces cooldown from 45 to 10 seconds.
- Ugh... I'm stumped, any suggestions? Passive bonuses? Gains +damage per charge?
- Reduces cooldown from 150/130/110 to 130/110/90, increases radius from 500 to 700.
- Increases Fireball chance from 50/25/12.5% to 60/30/15%, Flaming Hammer radius +75, and +1 target to Frenzy.
- Increases damage from 105/170/250 to 170/250/310.
- Whips out his sword, and his animation changes to dual wielding both the sword and his hammer. He attacks normally with his hammer, then with his off-hand he slashes with his sword (These attacks are considered to be one combined attack for the sake of attacks per second). The hammer deals 75% of his normal damage, but the sword only deals 50%, which effectively passively grants him +125% damage. (Sadfish)
- Sol's Blessing can't be debuffed.
- Adds 25/50/75% damage return to physical damage attackers.
Keeper of the Forest
- Becomes a complete disable (+silence & perplexed effects).
- Increases AoE from 700 to 950, and increases damage from 85 per second to 100 per second.
- Can throw his axe, extending Decapitate's range to 400.
- Increases damage to 0.85/1.10/1.35 damage per mana point (from 0.6/0.85/1.10).
- Increases AoE from 250 to 400, and slightly reduces cooldown from 120/100/80 to 100/80/60.
Moon Queen (Added)
- Increases total beams to 4/8/12, increase max hits to 5.
- Give an active sub-skill to Invisibility. Night Hound can attack and remain invisible for 1/3/5 attacks. 50/75/100 mana, maximum 15s duration, 60s cooldown.
- Give an active sub-skill to Invisibility. Grants invisibility for 6/9/12 seconds that is immune to all forms of true sight. No mana cost, with a 30 second cooldown. (Isin)
- Each time Night Hound breaks invisibility with an attack, he deals extra damage (+50/75/100).
- Each time Night Hound breaks invisibility with an attack, he slightly slows his target (-10%/-15%/-20% movespeed).
- Adds the spell Nymph's Call. Shares 60 second cooldown with Teleport. Allows Nymphora to Teleport a friendly hero to her after 4/3/2 second channel time.
- Decreases cooldown time from 120 to 30.
- Give an active sub-skill to Enlarge. Pebbles slams his fists down on an enemy, partially burying them. Deals 100 AoE damage, immobilizes target for 1/1.5/2 seconds. 200 range, 90 mana, 30s cooldown.
Pollywog Priest (Added)
- Increases the number of Voodoo Wards summoned from 8 to 11.
- Reduces cooldown to 60s, increases radius to 650.
- Increases damage from 450/675/950 to 650/875/1150.
- Grants true sight on target of Marksman Shot.
- Decreases cooldown time from 130/120/110 to 90 seconds. Increases teleport count from 3/5/8 to 5/7/10.
- Increases channeling time from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Increases damage from 210/335/460 to 335/460/570.
- Decreases cooldown to 55 seconds.
- Ugh... I'm stumped, any suggestions? Passive bonuses? Perhaps allowing him to keep his ranged attack while also getting the usual bonuses from his transformed form.
- Wind Control becomes centered on Zephyr's location instead of ground target.
Last edited by Anghkor; 09-19-2009 at 12:28 AM.
- Increases duration from 3/4/5 seconds to 5/6/7 seconds.
- Reduces mana cost from 125/175/250 to 100, increases Spiderling damage from 75/150/225 to 100/175/250
- Increases Hemorrhage damage taken from 20/40/60% to 40/60/80% distance
- Increases duration from 3/4/5 seconds to 4/5/6 seconds.
- Spawns more spirits; from 5/10/16 to 6/12/19 spirits. Increases maximum heal to 1500hp.
- When active, increases her base movement speed by 1 for each spirit unleashed. Up to +9/16/23 MS. (CrashLemon)
Demented Shaman (Added)
- Increases duration of buff/debuff from 12/18/24 seconds to 18/24/30 seconds. Increases the radius of the cloud from 600 to 800.
- Heals self equal to the damage done. Deals additional 0.75 * Strength magic damage per second.
- Removes mana cost on Cleansing Shock and increases the duration from 5 to 6 seconds.
- Removes mana cost on Cleansing Shock, and when cast, Electrician gains +200/300/400% mana regeneration for 5 seconds. (Or +300/400/500% that decreases to 0% over 5 seconds) (CrashLemon)
- Removes mana cost on Cleansing Shock and gives +500% mana regeneration to allies, or -500% to enemies. Either effect decreases to 0% over 5 seconds. (CrashLemon)
- Malphas becomes spell immune.
- Increases damage from 150/225/300 to 200/325/450
- Increases duration from 1.8/2.5/3.2 to 2.1/2.8/3.5 seconds and radius from 550/675/725 to 600/700/800.
- Increases Feared duration from 0.75/1.25/2 to 1/2/3 seconds. Increases splash AoE to 100/250/425.
- Grants an aura to a Swarmed target. All enemies within 250 units of a Swarmed target receive the same negative armor bonus (-5/-10/-15) applied to them as well. When affected units move away, their armor resets to default.
- Increases range from 2000/2500/3000 to 2250/2750/3250, and reduces cooldown from 80/60/40 to 20 seconds.
- Puppet's maximum health increases to 600/850/1100, damage taken increases to 175/200/225%.
- Increases damage per second 36/58/81 to 58/81/108.
- Increased number of torrents to 2 for every 3 souls (from 1 per 2)
- Increases damage from 100/155/215 to 155/215/270.
The Dark Lady
- Reduces cooldown from 150 to 75 seconds, and reduces mana cost from 50/150/250 to 50/75/100
- Gains bonus damage per consecutive hit. Increases damage by 2/4/6 per hit on the same target. Damage is returned to normal when target is changed.
- Increases damage from 66/100/144 to 88/133/177.
Voodoo Jester (Added)
- Increases Spirit Ward damage from 60/90/120 to 90/120/150. Increases Spirit Ward attack bounces from 0/0/1 to 0/1/1 additional target(s).
- Any summoned Hellhounds are immune to physical damage while Metamorphosis is active. (Sabre)
Wretched Hag (Added)
- Increases damage from 290/430/600 to 340/530/725.
Last edited by Anghkor; 09-18-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Again, keep in mind that the above suggestions are just that: Initial suggestions.
What kinds of ideas do YOU have? Let's hear them!
- Also energize the target granting him 100/200/300 mana.
Last edited by CrashLemon; 09-18-2009 at 06:04 PM.
What about limiting the effect to only Electrician, something like:
- Removes mana cost on Cleansing Shock, and when cast, Electrician gains +100/200/300% mana regeneration for 5 seconds.
lol, indeed. I couldn't think of anything else more fun at the time. Could do the standard +damage, -cd, etc., but that's boring.
Last edited by Anghkor; 09-18-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Last edited by CrashLemon; 09-18-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Night Hound: Adds an active to his ultimate that allows him to become invisible for 15 seconds (with the fade time of the ultimate) and immune to true sight.
IMO every hero should have an upgrade from SotM. That would make it a more useful item for everyone.
I think that too many of these suggestions are a little broken. Tempest's ult lasting another second? Why not just increase the damage. SotM isn't meant to make heroes into gamebreakers. You're changing multiple variables with many of these, and that just gets silly. Puppet's ult shouldn't get more health AND deal more damage. One or the other.
I like night hound getting a slow on invis backstab.
Pharaoh currently is affected by SotM. It allows him to hook allies.
Warbeast- Hounds are physical immune while Ult is on.
Defiler's ult doesn't need a buff.
And no, Pharoah is NOT affected by SotM. Clockwerk is, but Pharoah isn't. I believe this is so because Wrath of the Pharoah's current mechanic allows him to ult through allies. If you were able to latch onto allies like DotA's variant, while it would be a buff to his defensive escape abilities, it would be a HUGE nerf to his current offensive tactics. This works in DotA because unlike Pharoah, Clockwerk's Hookshot (without Agh's) hits & stops at allies but does nothing.
- Increase her movement speed by the number of spirit she summoned.
Weird, I would have thought they would have updated him to match Clockwerk. Mah bad.
Honestly, I think he's better as he is. Having Wrath of the Pharoah pass through allies is badass... however, the reduced cooldown with SotM is greatly missed.
change hammerstorm to when u buy aghs he pulls out his sword and use's it as a offhand
so he has 2 attacks one dealing regular full dmg(hammer) other dealing .5x(half dmg sword)
so if u have 100-100 dmg your sword will deal 50-50 for a combined 150-150 per melee,
still very very powerful, maybe make it so offhand(sword) cant crit/proc/orb effect or cleave to balance it out a bit