Thread: Korlash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Korlash

Korlash

Korlash Dream Link
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...echips/Korlash

(Credits to Daarken of the Magic the Gathering art team.)

One of the original five guardians of the Blind Prophet, Korlash was a mighty king of olden ages, known for both his ferocity in the field of battle, and the Blackblade; a deathly sword that brought doom to many a foe. On the eve of war between the Hellbourne and Legion, Hellbourne priests approached his magnificent stone tomb, and resurrected him from the dead. Korlash charges into battle once more with Blackblade in hand, this time not in the glorious name of Sol, but in the name of the twisted Hellbourne.

Korlash's Stats

Range: 128
    Base Damage: 54-59
    Base Strength: 22
    Base Agility: 18
    Base Intelligence: 16
    Strength Gain: 2.7
    Agility Gain: 1.9
    Intelligence Gain: 1.5
    Armor: 2.7
    Movement Speed: 295

Unholy Surge

Skill Description: Korlash slams Blackblade into the earth, sending forth shockwaves of dark energy in front of him that devastates his enemies.

Mechanics: Korlash lets loose a line of magic damage in the targeted direction that applies 'Flesh Rot' to enemies which reduces movement speed and attack speed.

Visual: Korlash slams the Blackblade into the ground sending large dark shockwaves in the target direction.

Cooldown: 13
    Mana: 130
    Range: 700

Notes:
    [*] 'Flesh Rot' - Reduces attack speed by 15/30/45/60.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1): Deals 140 magic damage in a line and applies 'Flesh Rot' for 7 seconds.
    (2): Deals 190 magic damage in a line and applies 'Flesh Rot' for 7 seconds.
    (3): Deals 240 magic damage in a line and applies 'Flesh Rot' for 7 seconds.
    (4): Deals 290 magic damage in a line and applies 'Flesh Rot' for 7 seconds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usage: A powerful nuke that reduces the attack speed of enemies greatly. Can be used to reduce a whole teams attack speed by a large amount, and is especially significant when an enemy carry is hit.

'Fear me.'

Death Pact

Skill Description: Korlash forcefully rips the life out of a lesser ally healing himself and damaging enemies near the now dead ally.

Mechanics: Denies the target allied unit converting a percentage of its life into health for Korlash and dealing damage around the target unit equal to the amount healed.

Visual: The unit instantly explodes in a burst of dark energy, while a black soul quickly flies into Korlash as he laughs.

Cooldown: 50/40/30/20
    Mana: 115
    Range: 500
    Radius: 250

Notes:
    [*] Cannot be used on heroes or pet units (Booboo), all other allied units can be targeted.
    [*] Allied heroes can disable help from Korlash to prevent him from destroying their units and grieving.
    [*] The AoE damage happens around the target.
    [*] Target is denied by Death Pact.
    (1): Denies the target allied unit and heals Korlash for 20% of its current life. Deals a maximum of 125 magic damage around the target unit.
    (2): Denies the target allied unit and heals Korlash for 30% of its current life. Deals a maximum of 200 magic damage around the target unit.
    (3): Denies the target allied unit and heals Korlash for 40% of its current life. Deals a maximum of 275 magic damage around the target unit.
    (4): Denies the target allied unit and heals Korlash for 50% of its current life. Deals a maximum of 350 magic damage around the target unit.

Usage: Allows Korlash to abuse his allies for his own personal might as well as damage enemy units. Excellent for keeping Korlash alive and gives his minions an additional use.

'I require nothing but your life.'

The Blackblade

Skill Description: Korlash's sword, the legendary Blackblade, siphons the energy of those around Korlsah, weakening them. At any moment Korlash may activate the energy stored within the Blackblade to empower himself.

[center]Mechanics: Passively reduces the base damage of all nearby enemy heroes. Once activated adds magic damage to Korlash's attack based on how many enemies are effected by the aura.

Cooldown: 25
    Mana: 100
    Radius: 1000

Notes:
    [*] Skill has a counter showing how many nearby enemies are effected by 'The Blackblade'.
    [*] Applies to all types of enemies, including neutrals.
    [*] 'The Blackblade' - Korlash deals 2/4/6/8 additional Magic Damage on attack per charge.
    (1): Reduces nearby enemy units Base Damage by 8%. On activation applies a charge of 'The Blackblade' to Korlash for each nearby enemy. Last for 4 seconds.
    (2): Reduces nearby enemy units Base Damage by 16%. On activation applies a charge of 'The Blackblade' to Korlash for each nearby enemy. Last for 4 seconds.
    (3): Reduces nearby enemy units Base Damage by 24%. On activation applies a charge of 'The Blackblade' to Korlash for each nearby enemy. Last for 4 seconds.
    (4): Reduces nearby enemy units Base Damage by 32%. On activation applies a charge of 'The Blackblade' to Korlash for each nearby enemy. Last for 4 seconds.

Usage: This skill allows Korlash to thrive in thick confrontations making Korlash a frightening presence in the midst of battle, reducing the strength of the enemy team and being able at any point activate his Blackblade to give himself terrifying damage.

'Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins.'

Necromancy

Skill Description: In death Korlash has been granted necromantic powers and may call on his long dead soldiers to serve him once more on the field of battle.

Mechanics: A charge based spell that summons an Undead Warrior at the target location.

Visual: Korlash raises his armored hand sharply and an Undead Warrior crawls up through the ground at the target location.

Cooldown: 20
    Mana: 65
    Range: 900
    Duration: 50

Notes:
    [*] Necromancy is a charge based spell and works exactly like Slither's Toxin Ward.
    (1): Necromancy has 2 charges. Summons an Undead Warrior with 400 Health and 61-67 damage. Undead Warriors last 50 seconds.
    (2): Necromancy has 3 charges. Summons an Undead Warrior with 550 Health and 67-73 damage. Undead Warriors last 50 seconds.
    (3): Necromancy has 4 charges. Summons an Undead Warrior with 700 Health and 73-79 damage. Undead Warriors last 50 seconds.
    (SoTM): -Army of the Damned- Necromancy has 5/6/7 charges.

Undead Warrior
    Undead Warrior's Stats

Health: 400/550/700
    Range: 128
    Damage: 63-69/69-75/75-81
    Armor: 5
    Magic Armor: 5
    Bounty: 20/25/30
    Movement Speed:425

Withering Assault

Skill Description: The withering touch of the Undead Warriors applies a debuff which deals magic damage and slows.

Mechanics: Applies 'Withering Touch' to any enemy hit by Undead Warrior.

Visual: A Shieldbreaker-like visual appears over effect.

Notes:
    [*] Does not stack.
    [*] Does not affect towers.
    (1): Withering Touch deals 15/20/25 magic damage per second and reduces movement speed by 15% lasts 4 seconds.

Usage: An extremly versatile skill that can be used in different ways depending on the situation. Korlash can easily raise an Undead Warrior and send it to scout the area around him, or send the Undead Warrior forth as a mobile bomb, blowing it up for both health and damaging the area around it. When chasing an enemy Korlash can use his Undead Warriors to block enemies and slow them down simultaneously. In large scale situations Korlash can call forth an army of Undead Warriors to serve him in a seconds time.

'Rise, serve your king once more!'
    Last edited by Passthechips; 01-05-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Basically a tougher more personal oriented version of Elspeth. Instead of caring for his allies like Elspeth, Korlash abuses his allies and foes, all for his personal benefit.

Both Korlash and Elspeth were conceptually made at the same time. I had wanted to make a minion based hero and these two heroes are two different approaches of how a hero could associate with his army.

One empowers its army (Elspeth), one abuses it (Korlash). This is why you may see a similar format/theme to skills. The first skill revolves around the blade of each hero. The second revolves around healing. The third revolves around increasing potency of a unit. The ultimate revolves around summoning minions.

In the end I am a bit iffy on Unholy Might, as it is similar to Blood Hunter's Blood Crazy and Blackblade's Edge might need a nerf. Other than that, I believe the numbers are fine. I look forward to any and all feedback!
    Last edited by Passthechips; 03-03-2011 at 02:00 AM.

I guess you have played your WoW?

I read both Elspeth and Korlash, and I have to say I like Korlash more.

You could lower the -base damage on 1st ability, because the damage buff on your hero makes it already a powerful ability.

Death Pact sounds fine.

I'd lower the numbers on Unholy Might. At the moment the drawbacks make it pretty situational spell, even if it requires a lot of thought behind using. I just feel 60% -armor is pretty hard on most carries, while 60% base damage is a killer.

With ultimate you can have 5 skeletons at level 6, and that is scary. Pushing a tower becomes a no problem. In teamfights the ultimate is weaker for sure, but this pushing power on a semi carry worries me. Perhaps make them do lower damage on towers? At the moment he pushes harder than Ophelia, who can down towers in like 10 seconds.

A good concept, just needs some tweaks and a limitation on pushing power.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I feel obliged to tell you that your second skill should really really really not be able to be done to your own allies. First of all, it has major griefing potentional in public play. (People kill you before you get to proc "no help" in spawn, removing all of your starting goal. That is just way too much griefing potentional.

Secondly, it gives you a way to easy method of denying teammates sure to die. Denying allies should in my opinion always be very hard or situational, or you're bound to severly imbalance.

Thirdly, I see no reason why this skill shouldnt only be usable on creeps. It would be still be hell of a powerful and great. Just tweak the numbers some.

For your fourth skill, with it's current numbers I see no reason why this skill should be used on anyone except your enemies. The ratio is just not good enough. Boosting the damage by a tad or reducing the armor reduction would fix it, not by a much, but by some. Other then that, a really good spell that has multiple functions.

That's my two cents.
    Last edited by GeneralGrind; 03-03-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    Check out my Vault if you are interested in my hero designs.

Join us in Hero Drafts to help S2 make the heroes you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGrind View Post
    I feel obliged to tell you that your second skill should really really really not be able to be done to your own allies. First of all, it has major griefing potentional in public play. (People kill you before you get to proc "no help" in spawn, removing all of your starting goal. That is just way too much griefing potentional.

Secondly, it gives you a way to easy method of denying teammates sure to die. Denying allies should in my opinion always be very hard or situational, or you're bound to severly imbalance.

Thirdly, I see no reason why this skill shouldnt only be usable on creeps. It would be still be hell of a powerful and great. Just tweak the numbers some.

For your fourth skill, with it's current numbers I see no reason why this skill should be used on anyone except your enemies. The ratio is just not good enough. Boosting the damage by a tad or reducing the armor reduction would fix it, not by a much, but by some. Other then that, a really good spell that has multiple functions.

That's my two cents.
    1. Death Pact can't be used on heroes.
    [*] Can be used on all allied units excluding hero units and pet units like Booboo.

The wording is a bit iffy I guess. I'll make that more clear to understand.

2. By fourth skill do you mean third? If yes then I will tweak the numbers some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayew
    I guess you have played your WoW?

I read both Elspeth and Korlash, and I have to say I like Korlash more.

You could lower the -base damage on 1st ability, because the damage buff on your hero makes it already a powerful ability.

Death Pact sounds fine.

I'd lower the numbers on Unholy Might. At the moment the drawbacks make it pretty situational spell, even if it requires a lot of thought behind using. I just feel 60% -armor is pretty hard on most carries, while 60% base damage is a killer.

With ultimate you can have 5 skeletons at level 6, and that is scary. Pushing a tower becomes a no problem. In teamfights the ultimate is weaker for sure, but this pushing power on a semi carry worries me. Perhaps make them do lower damage on towers? At the moment he pushes harder than Ophelia, who can down towers in like 10 seconds.

A good concept, just needs some tweaks and a limitation on pushing power.
    When you think about it, the Undead Warriors are a buffed version of Balphagore's minions and are not that overpowered when brought into line to other pushers. Korlash only ever overtakes Ophelia in pushing power once he reaches level 16. Ophelia outclasses him until then all game, with her reaching maximum potential at level 7, when spells aren't strong enough to take her minions down.

Defiler's pushing power remains stronger all game as well, with her ultimate taking down towers much faster than the Undead Warriors ever could. She is also considered a powerful semi-carry with a potent silence. This draws attention to the point that, on the grand-scheme of things, Korlash has no personal disable, slow or silence to take advantage of, unlike all of the aforementioned heroes.
    Last edited by Passthechips; 03-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Oooh, excluding! Yeah, I got confused with the note below saying "Can use no help to stop griefing" and didnt think about summons. Good, cause I really didnt believe such a stable hero creator as yourself could do such an error and it seems that is true.

And yeah, silly mistake. Ment the third skill.
    Check out my Vault if you are interested in my hero designs.

Join us in Hero Drafts to help S2 make the heroes you want to play.

Blackblade's Damage
    - Damage reduced by 20 damage at maximum level. Numbers adjusted to scale correctly.

Death Pact
    - Made it more clear that Death Pact only targets allied non-hero units.

Unholy Might
    - Reduced armor and magic armor reduction from 60% to 40%.

Necromancy
    - Increased Undead Warrior Movement Speed to 425 from 400.
    - Indicated that Unrelenting Assault does not effect towers.
    Last edited by Passthechips; 04-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Bump to the top.

Blackblade's Edge
    - Added a 20% slow on all levels of Blackblade's Edge.

- Reformated the hero to be more clear on what skills do.

Bump to the top, if no other feedback comes soon the dream link is going up!

Im not a fan of the target-click mekanism of the ultimate, since the spawn is a mobile unit. I think it either should spawn all skeletons instantly around you (like balphagore), or be a toggled auto-cast ability that spawn skeletons from corpses (one at a time).

By cooldown you mean that he gains one charge each 20 seconds?
    Last edited by Jonasies; 03-20-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Thumbs up! I like it !

skeleton without stun. A big brick in space that hurts and can get big ammount of summons which he will use to heal himself. at 16 it is a 300hp pot every 20sec with a extra nuke on it. Im not impressed with the concept of the hero but Korlash would be a greatly needed and very straight forward addtion to newerth.

Just needs a bit of tweeking on skills, shockwave might be too much dmg when used with Death pact. Lower it's dmg and raise the -base dmg buff in some way. Or you chould change the pact a bit. atleast make the cd on it not so staggering low from 50 to 20. 40/35/30/25? idk just a thought. Thumbs up anyhow )

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Really one of your more blah heroes, imo.

The second skill, hmm..
    Wouldn't the second skill be useful to deny your own ally heroes? I'm sure someone denied me before with an item or skill, I don't remember cause it was during closed beta.

Awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Anizer View Post
    The second skill, hmm..
    Wouldn't the second skill be useful to deny your own ally heroes? I'm sure someone denied me before with an item or skill, I don't remember cause it was during closed beta.
    You, sir, are retarded. Read the OP again and again. And then don't open your mouth if you are still stupid.
    Derp

Updated heavily, changing his first and third skill as well as lowering his movement speed.

Probably going to change the Skeletons, or at least their passive.
    Last edited by Passthechips; 04-04-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Unholy Surge
    - Damage increased and slow removed.

Necromancy
    - Limited Necromancy charges to 2/3/4 (from 3/4/5)
    - Increased Undead Warrior health to 400/550/700 (from 350/475/600)
    - Increased Undead Warrior damage to 61-67/67-73/73-79.
    - Changed Unrelenting Assault's debuff into a slow.

PUBLISHED!

Don't mind the hero idea but a couple of points:
    Q: What is his desired roll, is the aim for another STR anticarry (ie pestie)?
    Reason for Q: He seems too strong through all the stages of the game.
    Early game:
    His first ability is a 290 damage AOE nuke on a STR hero.
    2nd ability gives him good lane control, a heal and a nuke. I like the idea of this skill through so would like it included.
    1 lvl of his 3rd ability gives him an AOE hero detector - 1000 range if you pay attention to the charges and the creeps/heroes in lane

Midgame:
    Dont like the thought of a str hero being able to do 350 + 290 ranged magic damage

Lategame:
    Youre a STR hero.
    You reduce damage of the enemy carry by 1/3. This combined with a vanguard is HUGE. The other team has to focus the tank... Seems a little excessive.

All that said:
    1. Buff the ulti creep time from 50--> 55, so you can almost keep 3 alive if people dont kill them off, while timing team fights to get the 2nd set of 3.

2. Change the Darkblade skill so that it is 2/4/6/8 damage per charge, creeps give 1 charge heroes give 5? Anyways more charges for heroes. Fix the numbers obviously.

3. Make the damage reduction part of the activatable, reduce mana cost to 60 or 70, make the range 700/800/900/1000, increase cooldown to 35 or 40 second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast