Toggle Snow

Thread: Vodoo Jester dot, Run or fight?

Vodoo Jester dot, Run or fight?

imagine: You are and you get stunned, dotted and ultid by . 25% is gone before the dot has started ticking and has been stunned by your stun.

Is it best to run for your life and hope cursed ground won´t kill you or should you kill and hope you won't die by the dot before you kill him?

His ulti is on cooldown so running away and be alive would be a waste for him right?

Please tell when to run and when to fight like a man!!

I find fighting in team-battles very much needed when you have a in your team or some other heal ability.

Otherwise i've seen both examples and i can't really differ when to do what.

Fight and kill him get lvlup and survive curse because of that. After your sup move everything you gotta do is walk (or fly) away and behave like you planned that.

Srsly. So lets start withe the easiest thing. You got to learn and calculate at which point you will still die to his dot. If you are standing next to him and realize that you will probably die anyway you should kill him of course.
    In all other cases its pretty much situational but there are several helpful questions to wonder about:

Is there a healer on the way to ease my pain?
    Do i have a tp scroll (you always should) to tp home right after i slapped VJ?
    Is there a teamfight incoming and i could deliver a good aoe stun?
    Do i have any usefull items in my invent which could help me survive? (charged supply, runes, SHRUNKEN!) if not go in and deal as much damage as possible.

Generally speaking i feel like its worse running and dieing after 8 sec than staying in the fight deliver some stuns ultis and damage although you might have survived if you ran away immediately.

well carry a tp stone, run away and die to deny him the xp, if you can kill him do that.
    you will die no matter what if you got lvl 4 cursed ground on you and below 40% if starting on 100%

case1: it's early game and you should be some levels ahead of him. he won't have much levels into cursed ground so you couldn't care less and just kill him.

case2: it's midgame and you have shrunken. so you couldn't care less and just kill him.

if you die to a voodoo in a 1on1 scenario as pesti, at any point of the game, you are clearly doing something wrong.

Power Supply before the first tick of Cursed Ground goes off severely reduces its snowball damage.
    Let me spell it out plain for you
    Angry people complain about the things I do
    I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up
    Maintaining my name, the same way I came up.

Truth is, I thought it mattered
    I thought that music mattered.
    But does it? Bollocks!
    Not compared to how people matter.

agree with the power supply, i always get one when the enemy has a VJ it just helps sooo much since as said it counters the snowball effect as any damage you don't take now was going to turn into alot more damage

Are you going to die? Fight and do as much damage as possible.
    Are you going to live? Play conservatively and only participate if you can avoid heavy collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by knowitall View Post
    Are you going to die? Fight and do as much damage as possible.
    Are you going to live? Play conservatively and only participate if you can avoid heavy collateral damage.
    Is there really something you can notice if you will die or not...?

Some rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi0p View Post
    Is there really something you can notice if you will die or not...?

Some rule?
    The amount of HP that you lose after you get Cursed is usually a solid indicator.

Account Icon
    You were screwed. If i read this correctly and you lost 25% from the dots before first tick your dead. I am assuming your a low level at the time.

If you had a powersupply and bailed you may have lived.
    [Guide]
    The all inclusive guide

From the author of Tip of the Week.

Quote Originally Posted by yyr_ View Post
    You were screwed. If i read this correctly and you lost 25% from the dots before first tick your dead. I am assuming your a low level at the time.

If you had a powersupply and bailed you may have lived.
    ehm really?

So if you have a maximum of 800 hp and u lost 200 which saves you about 200....then you are dead? :S

Account Icon
    I failed and read it as you had both curse and mojo on you which would rape you if you had only 600 health.

So when you say first tick, do you mean the first FAT tick or the first actual tick (the 20 damage tick?).
    [Guide]
    The all inclusive guide

Quote Originally Posted by yyr_ View Post
    I failed and read it as you had both curse and mojo on you which would rape you if you had only 600 health.

So when you say first tick, do you mean the first FAT tick or the first actual tick (the 20 damage tick?).
    Oh...well forget mojo, stun+curse+ulti

Interupt his ulti with your stun and u notice u lost 25% of health before first tick.

Kill and carry TP and hope for the best.

KT

Account Icon
    You would have taken just shy of 700 damage if took no more damage from any other source. I am assuming he would have gotten an autoattack off or 2 which would mean you would have died.
    [Guide]
    The all inclusive guide