I was just wondering how exactly these two work together. Does it first calculate to see if blacklegion blocks damage, and if not Iron shield blocks its 20? Or will the Iron shield block 20 dmg even if black legion procs?
If it works like dota, its the one you got last that gets prio!
If you got two ironbucklers, and upgrade 1 to helm
you have 70% chance to block 40
and 30% chance to block 10/20
if you did it opposite
You have 40% chance to block 40
and 60 % chance to block 10/20
When I tested this in HoN my conclusion was that it works as you ask if it does. That is, if more than one block were to trigger, you get the highest block amount of all of those that triggered.
So on a melee hero with a Helm of the Black Legion and an Iron Shield, you would have 70% probability to block 40 damage, 18% probability to block 20 damage and 12% probability to block no damage.
In my posts, cursive grey text indicates very detailed or less relevant information, while blue text highlights important points or conclusions.
According to S2 (in a post a few months ago). Both items have the said (in item description) chance to block damage and each have have a chance to block on each attack. However if both items trigger at the same time, the one with the better/highest effect takes effect and the lower/weaker one is ignored. This is the same for all %chance items that share the same effect, such as 2 or more... crit, bonus damage (mace), mana combustion, and a few others I can't remember.