Thread: HoN on a Mac

HoN on a Mac

Does anyone have experience with playing HoN on a Mac?

I'm planning on buying one when they update it, and I really need it to play HoN good.

P.S.: I'm buying a MacBook Pro.
    If you're having code problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a glich ain't one!

Account Icon
    I don't but my roommate last year played on a Macbook and seemed to play fine, it had better graphics than my laptop so I'm assuming everything worked out.

That's what I use and it seems like depending on the patch it will run super smooth, or it will be temporarily choppy for a moment or two in game every few minutes. Otherwise, the loading screens look funny... they still work but the bar looks like a strobe light. Overall it fine.

I use my mac instead of PC when I'm gaming as often as I can, and the HoN client is stable and just as good at the PC version :3

Account Icon
    On my 2008 macbook pro it's a bit dodgy sometimes. Even though you have a dedicated chip with its own memory, it's still a mobile one. With the current h/w it should be playable, but don't expect to run on high settings.

Awesome guys.
    Hopefully it'll all run smoothly.
    If you're having code problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a glich ain't one!

I play HoN on a MBP I bought in the summer of 2009, and it plays great. As long as you don't have integrated graphics it should be fine.

Loading screens can act a little wonky, but it has never really posed a problem.

Account Icon
    try a pc bro

It plays nice on my macbook Pro from 2009. My biggest issue is actually using vent if I want to play with friends. The vent client for Mac doesn't support the most common used codec on most servers so I usually end up using boot camp in XP if I know I'm going to need vent.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    using a mac here. everything's perfect.
    online downsides: in general i wouldnt use a laptop for gaming if you have a desktop alternative.
    secondly: i dunno if thats a mac related problem, but i dont think so. HoN only supports single core utilisation. meaning you will have a bit longer loading times, since all those fine macs run on multiple cores. but its absolutely fine.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by walkrvc View Post
    It plays nice on my macbook Pro from 2009. My biggest issue is actually using vent if I want to play with friends. The vent client for Mac doesn't support the most common used codec on most servers so I usually end up using boot camp in XP if I know I'm going to need vent.
    well for that, simply use TS3, Skype or iChat...

It's my main machine for HoN and works like a charm. Mind you, I have the model with a dedicated GPU which makes life a lot better for video games.