Status: Just some ideas being thrown up right now. Seems like a lot of players could use some advice.
1X. Before the Game
If you had a bad day and are looking to just have some fun, go play a couple of no stats games. If you are in a bad mood when starting Solo MM, I can guarantee that the majority of the time it will just make things worse.
You need to go into Solo MM with the right mindset. Learn to accept the following:
1) Lots of players are bad.
2) Lots of players have more fun trolling/raging/insulting than winning or even playing Hon games.
3) Lots of players on your server don't speak your language.
4) Lots of players will pick a hero they want to play over a hero your team needs.
5) The majority of players are a combination of the above. Don't be another one of them.
6) Please and thank you go a LONG way. If you get a shared courier, "Thank you!" If you get wards, "Thank you!" If you get TP saves and ganks from teammates, "Thank you!"
The closer you are to accepting those concepts, the more enjoyable (and successful) Solo MM will be for you.