Thread: HoN Community Movement - Our icon is purchasable in Heroes of Newerth!

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Question HoN Community Movement - Our icon is purchasable in Heroes of Newerth!

So it's about time for a change. With HoN 2.0, S2 set their goals; They want us playing more and new users joining. Similar goals to most business that revolve around a large customer-base, so that shouldn't come as a shock. As a person who enjoys time spent playing Heroes of Newerth, I feel that it's my job to let them accomplish these goals with the most ease and efficiency possible. I'd like to see Heroes of Newerth outlast DotA and all it's various incarnations.

But I honestly believe that the only way this can be done is by fixing the problems with HoN. I've started to read reviews that promote HoN and (to no surprise) found one criticism that many reviews share in common: the community. Let's face it, we haven't been the greatest towards each other, and that stops today.

Heroes of Newerth has brought me over a year of joy at the cost of $30. There haven't been any glaring ads for Axe Deodorant strewn across the website and user interface, nor have they forced me to pay for in-game content that is necessary for basic play. They still update the game frequently and communicate well with their users.

Still not convinced? I wish I could say I worked long and hard to find fitting examples of reviews to prove my point, but I typed "Heroes of Newerth Reviews" into Google and picked the first few I found.

So now, our mission. The goal is to slowly eliminate in-game griefing and make the HoN community a friendlier place for new and experienced players.
    We believe that the "Report A Player" function should not need to be used, or at least not so often. Of course, we condone use of this feature, though not as a means of harassment.

With your help, we can keep HoN the #1 DotA-like game on the market.

In joining this movement, I pledge to:

• follow the code of conduct, in specifics to griefing
    • help new players integrate into the game in a friendly manner
    • communicate rationally in games despite the score
    • report users who grief, without griefing or harassing in return
    • passively promote a cooperative gaming experience!

HTML Code:
    [URL="http://tinyurl.com/honpledge"][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/honbadgeA[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
    [URL="http://tinyurl.com/honpledge"][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/honbadgeB[/IMG][/URL]
    ---

MOAR FUN TAGS!

Last edited by adam; 01-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Those reviewers sound like League of Legend players.

I find it funny that you have the rainbow symbol. Spreading love?

Edit 27th of November...

So I was just reading this thread and then realized that I had already posted here long ago, had no idea.

If only more of the community could be like you, you're doing great things for this game and hopefully, myself and others can follow your lead and improve the community for all.

Thanks,

From not only me, but those who come to HoN in future.
    Last edited by Tommo; 11-26-2011 at 09:43 PM.

This movement needs a guild. Lets call it HelloKittyFunFunPartyPals.

For me, the HoN experience has been great. The only griefers I've been getting are obviously low PSR, low tier players that I can add on my banlist. My MMR games have been relatively balanced, but with more griefers because I'm still playing with noobs on my team. Though those number of games are getting less when my rating goes up.

I feel there needs to be a global reputation point system. It would be hard to implement though

i forgot where i read this on the forums but it said that the most popular flamers/ griefing comes from the euro nation, also every game has trash talk, maybe not as much as this but you can visit any forum of almost any game and see the same thing in those forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShakur View Post
    Those reviewers sound like League of Legend players.
    I can't tell for certain. But you can't deny the fact that the community is rather vile at times. I'm sure we've all experienced it first-hand.

PC Gamer and bit-tech reviews are popular enough to merit some question.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    HoN turned me into a douche tbh. I never used to trash talk, until I started to recieve so much mindless abuse directed at myself, that I started to do it to others. Similier to the your daddy touches you, you touch your son kinda thing i guess.

In joining this movement, I pledge to:

• follow the code of conduct, in specifics to griefing
    • help new players integrate into the game in a friendly manner
    • communicate rationally in games despite the score
    • report users who grief, without griefing or harassing in return
    • passively promote a cooperative gaming experience!
    Yea, I can't do that.

Account Icon
    Lol, to be honest you can block a persons chat or speech. Also you can just ignor it so why do we need to do this. I find it funny when someone rages, makes them look stupid, i alos have a go at raging when im in a bad mood just for the lols. Maybe new players need to be more informed about convo block for a gg.

I don't have a problem with new players who are bad because they are new. I have a problem with the guy who has 2000 games played and his normal playstyle is borderline griefing just because of how bad he is. I'm talking about the guy who picks devo every game buys a bottle and demands mid where he feeds 0-10 before leaving the game or (even worse) staying in the game and feeding the other lanes.

People are going to flame in a game like hon where one bad player who doesn't knows he's bad will completely ruin your chances of winning or even having fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Thrill View Post
    I get paid salary to cast HoN, and its way more than any "pro" player is currently making
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I estimate I have an IQ between 120 and 130, but I've never taken a professionally administrated test. Nor do I intend to
    http://i53.tinypic.com/10f484y.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by potoBest View Post
    I don't have a problem with new players who are bad because they are new. I have a problem with the guy who has 2000 games played and his normal playstyle is borderline griefing just because of how bad he is. I'm talking about the guy who picks devo every game buys a bottle and demands mid where he feeds 0-10 before leaving the game or (even worse) staying in the game and feeding the other lanes.

People are going to flame in a game like hon where one bad player who doesn't knows he's bad will completely ruin your chances of winning or even having fun.
    Fair enough, but these games are an inevitability of HoN, and griefing these players in return isn't going to make anyone of the team feel good.

Griefing doesn't fix anything.

One more problem that could be solved by mass undertaking in the smoking of marajuana.

weed; not just good for you, great for you.
    If.

I'm down

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrar View Post
    HoN turned me into a douche tbh. I never used to trash talk, until I started to recieve so much mindless abuse directed at myself, that I started to do it to others. Similier to the your daddy touches you, you touch your son kinda thing i guess.
    This disturbed me, need some counseling bro? You could have just said something completely non-sick such as the kid gets bullied throughout school then decides to shoot everybody.

~~Last part was a joke for those who are confused.~~:StaffOfTheMaster:

do you feel that..? its the sound of thousands of troll feet pounding against the ground as they make their way here

be prepared
    Graphic/Web Designer and Designer of Free Custom Account Icons (CAI) and Custom Backgrounds

Click the pic for my mashup thread of HoN and other characters from games/movies/shows
    Click here for my Hero morph thread (merging 1 or more heroes together)

Click here for my Deviantart Profile

Damn, I HAVE to agree with you, supported!
    Galneryus - One Of The Best Power Metal Bands Ever!

THE BLINK SCHOOL - Tips for Blink Spells

A white list or a list of players that new players should seek or a place in forum where new players can ask for a "tutor" to teach how to play would be so cool :-).

But anyhow i'll gladly join your movement .

Quote Originally Posted by PimpAlmighty View Post
    Lol, to be honest you can block a persons chat or speech. Also you can just ignor it so why do we need to do this. I find it funny when someone rages, makes them look stupid, i alos have a go at raging when im in a bad mood just for the lols. Maybe new players need to be more informed about convo block for a gg.

This is all well and good, but not in the slightest way proactive. Why should we have to ignore 2-3 per match to have an enjoyable game?

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    do you feel that..? its the sound of thousands of troll feet pounding against the ground as they make their way here

be prepared
    Never stopped me before. I welcome them with open :GlovesOfTheSwift::GlovesOfTheSwift:.

A good troll is enjoyable now and then.