Thread: Heroes of Newerth - Hero Tier List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Heroes of Newerth - Hero Tier List

So, I've decided to make a hero tier-listing for HoN. This is NOT official.

Tier List (by value: Solo, Team, Support, Ganking, Farming/LH):

Class S

Class A

+ Wildsoul

Class B

Class C

:fors:

Class D

Thunderbringer + Fayde

Class E

Blood Hunter
    Fayde

• Class Special(Can be useful/powerful, but useless in competitive gameplay.)

Bombardier
    Ophelia

(stopped using gifs limited to 65)
    Last edited by Robot; 01-03-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Account Icon
    ...Wait what?
    Epic HoN movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lF9L9uBwno

Quote Originally Posted by BuyFkngCour View Post
    Better stick on your quest as moralfag seek forums etc and stop playing this game

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    you can productively tell him why hes wrong. Flaming is not cool.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

This makes no sense. I don't understand what the values Solo and Team are. I don't understand why you think Bomb is useless in comp games (just watch chu). I don't understand why and are in the same group. I don't understand why is in the same group as . I don't understand why is in the same group as . None of this makes any sense.

U ?

Last edited by Edlerboss; 01-03-2011 at 10:06 PM.

all of this is wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Thrill View Post
    I get paid salary to cast HoN, and its way more than any "pro" player is currently making
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I estimate I have an IQ between 120 and 130, but I've never taken a professionally administrated test. Nor do I intend to
    http://i53.tinypic.com/10f484y.jpg

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by laysomepipe View Post
    This makes no sense. I don't understand what the values Solo and Team are. I don't understand why you think Bomb is useless in comp games (just watch chu). I don't understand why and are in the same group. I don't understand why is in the same group as . I don't understand why is in the same group as . None of this makes any sense.

U ?
    new rule over .9kdr+ to comment

Account Icon
    If I said any of the heroes were placed stupidly in their current category, I would get another infraction.

not quite sure how ur rating these heroes. To be honest, i think its a bit whack. repulsor is definitely better then B, i fail to see how myr is S, and vindi is a very strong anti initiator and definitely be higher then D, just to give some examples.

can you please explain how you organized them? i am a bit confused along with most other posters...

Troll or ignorance

???

Bombardier useless in competitive play?

www.gosugamers.net/hon

Your #1 place for Heroes of Newerth news coverage

i saw class S -> scrolled down to see special -> scrolled up and saw moraxus and myrm -> scrolled back down to see useless in competitive play -> closed browser

Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    new rule, you have to be at least 1600+ psr to make a tier list.

lmao wild soul high tier

0/10

Tiers are not something you can make in HoN, because all heroes vary in strengths depending on your and the other team's lineup.
    Grand High Lord Admin (tm) of the HoN Wiki (v.34th4934ohlkhlekweh5)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasha View Post
    you can productively tell him why hes wrong. Flaming is not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Hahahahhaahahahhahaa... Robot, you're 100% unequivocally wrong. This guy is either trolling or has no grasp of HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Geromy View Post
    Tiers are not something you can make in HoN, because all heroes vary in strengths depending on your and the other team's lineup.
    Not sure if you've ever seen http://www.reignofelementz.com League of Legends tier list, but it's pretty good and a decent basis for pub players to easily find "good" heroes in each categories (he wrote a blog post in which he broke the categories down, you'd have to look). It's pretty solid, and while the gameplay in LoL is completely different, I think someone could make a decent tier list if they really tried like Elementz does.

Hush, hush
    Girl, you talk too much
    Whoa, whoa
    Keep it on the down low

Good idea, but I think you would be awesome (and slightly less singed from a lot of the flamers) if you made a Hero Counters post. It'd give a little credibility to your tiers if you can show that your S heroes have few counters.

Here I'll do Oph and Flint using your tiers:

Flint:"S"
    Laning- His extreme range makes last hitting and harassing fairly safe. Countered by any hero with any damage that can get into range.
    Mid Game- Without farm, he has an incredibly long range nuke. It's a poor man's TB ult. Countered by any hero that can get into range. (Yes still paper, but he hits hard.)
    Late Game- Incredibly Strong carry due to his range and ministun proc. Countered by a hero that can get into range of him and stop him from kiting. Though at this point his dps is insanely high so they have to be able to take a hit.

Ophelia:"Special"
    Laning- With a little Blacksmith luck, you have access to a gamebreaking laning phase. An alternate option is to jungle, which still gives you increidbly high ganking potential. Countered completely Vodoo Jester, Accursed, Any hero with a blink/semi-blink, most heroes with a stun (esp. glac), heroes with a slow, heroes with heals. Keep in mind that her counters are the hero that you ARE NOT targeting.
    Mid Game- At best: 3 level 1 towers, 2 tokens, a few kills, and a few hero saves via teleport (W) contributed to the team. Counters are a poor early game farm, poor early game ganks, teleport stones, wards. Most Ophelia builds max out in this period. She is fairly item dependent now.
    Late Game- The way I play her is an aura stacker. Imagine Blacksmith on steroids. Now imagine him with a chest and no shoes. Now quit thinking inappropriate things about Blacksmith. That's gross man. Counters- Aoe kills her creeps, DPS counters her ult and astrolabe very quickly, magic immunity can stop her amplify damage from being placed (once it's placed you can't remove it except by purge last time I checked), her nuke is incredibly weak and to 1 target. Completely item/creep dependent to be dangerous in terms of boosting your carry.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This is the worst tier list I've ever seen. It's even worse than this one EM tier list - it's just wrong in every aspect.