Thread: PSR-System suggestion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSR-System suggestion

Hi!
    It seems to me that the PSR-System needs alot of work.
    For example: I've been playing Dota-League now for quite a long time and the critical point here at this PSR-System is that you still lose your "Points at Stake" for the game you played even if your Team disconnects and you dont even have a chance to win it!

So i think, there should be - like on DotaLeague - that if someone on your team Disconnects with/ or without purpose, that your team does not lose any psr points, even though the winning team gains the points

OR a ingame balanced setting that you lose less points than originally your supposed to lose

I think its just NOT FAIR that you lose all the points if some guy decides to leave......

farewell
    Lasuhu

Account Icon
    I'll play your team. We'll start to lose, and my friend can DC just before the end of the game so that we can take less of a hit. You know greater good and all.

Account Icon
    True PSR-System need a lot of improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    I'll play your team. We'll start to lose, and my friend can DC just before the end of the game so that we can take less of a hit. You know greater good and all.
    He'll end up getting a lot of disconnects under his name

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
    He'll end up getting a lot of disconnects under his name
    Well. I'll disconnect the next game. And my other friend the 3rd. We'll all keep our disconnects about the level, since even if our win rate is 50%, our leave rate will be 10%, we only need to win just about every OTHER game.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    well if you dc just right before the end that would give you a disconnect and would eventually **** up your stats so you cant join any more No Leaver games, so i dont think they'd do that, Especially i Think that the leaver/DC player should earn alot more -points at he has at stake in the first place therefore noone will leave on purpose

its just the same as getting a super noob on ur team. i'd rather a leaver than a feeder. all that can be said is: tough luck.

It also would cause PSR inflation. If you give more points than you take away, point levels just slowly get higher and higher, and it becomes kind of silly. Plus, probability dictates you'll play an equal amount of games where your teammates leave as games where the enemy team leaves.

Account Icon
    i dont understand the concept of PSR tbh, you cant be measured as how good player u are, since its team dependent and who u play with. Imo remove the entire PSR system and base it up on KDA or something thats equal to ur own skill, since its there to reflect how "skilled" player u are.

In KDA measurement, that KD gives u psr but equal to A since some peoples just play support all the time.

People are going to care about PSR a lot less when automatic match making comes out. Don't stress!

I think a double rating would be great.
    You'll Have TPR for the Team Player Rating witch will be the PSR
    And have PSR for Player Skill Rating based on KDA/Gold Gain per min,creep kills per min, denyes per min(including towers),maybe add a smackdown for the extra skillz, divide this by matches and you get to the real PSR.
    And then when quick match comes in you can choose on what to base your quick match TPR or PSR depending on what skills you want to train your coop or personal skillz.

Account Icon
    The problem with the PSR is that HoN is not a one player game, any match is determined by the skill level of you AND your TEAMMATES. As well as their intent to leave, or maybe they just disconnect. Any team game with a personal rating independent of the team will always have flaws.

God guys. PSR is FINE! Do like me. PLAY HARD! GO PRO!

I lost much psr couse people of my team die, leave and let us left in a 4 vs 5.
    1 more gets f***ted of and its 3 vs 5. my suggestion is that the losing team, with leavers doesnt lost psr, or less psr. at the moment psr said nothing about pubskill only about luck with ur team.
    hope somebody of the "heads" read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasuhu View Post
    well if you dc just right before the end that would give you a disconnect and would eventually **** up your stats so you cant join any more No Leaver games, so i dont think they'd do that, Especially i Think that the leaver/DC player should earn alot more -points at he has at stake in the first place therefore noone will leave on purpose

Not true. Think about your winning % and the amt of games you play. You would have to disconnect among your team once per 3 games? Since you have 5 people on your team, that's 1 out of every 15 games someone on your team has to D/C to save the rest of your teams PSR. Guess what, 1/15 is less than the current leaver percentage.

All of these PSR chats are a bunch of softcore gamers who has to make fcking QQ threads on the forum just to prove how bad they really are If you guys start play instead of wasting your time whinning on the forums, maybe your PSR will improve? uh?
    Last edited by Kz0rViSioN; 10-08-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Account Icon
    ****ing PSR, worst idea I seen

Quote Originally Posted by HellFire69 View Post
    People are going to care about PSR a lot less when automatic match making comes out. Don't stress!
    true dat

PSR should be
    Kill someone with high PSR - PSR goes up a lot
    Kill someone with low PSR - PSR barely goes up
    Die to someone with high PSR - PSR barely goes down
    Die to someone with low PSR - PSR goes down a lot

Winning of course should give you some points, depending on the other teams ratings (the current auto balance system would work fine for that)

Quote Originally Posted by amazingsil View Post
    PSR should be
    Kill someone with high PSR - PSR goes up a lot
    Kill someone with low PSR - PSR barely goes up
    Die to someone with high PSR - PSR barely goes down
    Die to someone with low PSR - PSR goes down a lot

Winning of course should give you some points, depending on the other teams ratings (the current auto balance system would work fine for that)
    Oh great so I will have a 70% win ratio but a 800 PSR? How is that possible? I tell you: I play Support!!!