For all fans of -AR that want some more balance to this mode here is a new suggestion.
NEW GAME MODE
Banning Random BR
- After the 5,4,3,2,1 counter the hero selection screen comes and the Announcer says: "Ban a hero".
- Every player can ban 1 hero, all simultaneously (not like BP or BD that bans are picked one at a time), within 15 seconds.
- The hero that they choose to ban remains invisible to all other players (including their teammates).
- If a player does not want to ban a hero, he just waits for the 15sec to pass.
- All bans occur to the end of the period of 15 seconds, thus the same hero can be banned from more than 1 player.
- Bans remain invisible.
- After this short 15sec banning procedure, the number of heroes that get banned can be from 0-10. (0 if noone bans anyone, 10 if all players ban different heroes).
- Finally, after the 15 sec, random heroes are given to all players, from the rest of the hero pool that is not banned.
Reason for the new mode:
1) It's a little more balanced.
2) Certain strats can be limited, such as mass early pushers or 4 heavy carries in one team.
3) Broken/OP heroes can be avoided. I had many AR games destroyed by some broken Armadon or pre-nerf Zephyr.
Post your thoughts.
Last edited by Mantis_Blade; 12-20-2010 at 11:17 AM.
I think that if you modify the rule of more than 1 player banning the same hero to "random hero banned", it would be perfect.
I can see it becoming my new fav mode. (:
sounds cool, but i think the banning should be in REALTIME so you don't waste your ban!
edit: or have an option for queueing your top 3 choices for bans! that way at the end of the :15, you have less chance of wasting your ban.
priority on ban selection occurs through MMR/PSR ranking OR randomly selected (seems more appropriate for a RANDOM mode)
For example (and let us say that priority is set up in this order):
player 1 picks bans as , , (resulting ban: )
player 2 picks bans as , , (resulting ban: )
player 3 picks bans as , , (resulting ban: )
player 4 picks bans as , , (resulting ban: NOTHING! TOO BAD!)
..................player 5: , :fors:, (resulting ban: )
..................player 6: , , (resulting ban:
..................player 7: , , (resulting ban: )
..................player 8: , , (resulting ban: )
..................player 9: , , (resulting ban: )
..................player 10: , , (resulting ban: )
so obviously it would still be possible to miss out on a ban but i think the possibilities and strategies involved are worth implementing. i would certainly play this mode often as it would mean, as a rule, playing with heroes you are less comfortable with but with less chance of 1 hero or 1 team being given the game on a platter.
Last edited by beebeegee; 12-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.
No, I mean as in ALL PICK where you pick a hero instantly, in BANNING RANDOM you ban a hero instantly.
As a third option, it could SWITCH TURNS banning heroes based on color ranking as in picking heroes for BANNING DRAFT or BANNING PICK.
Sounds pretty cool.
I would play it from time to time, but i think team mates should be able to see what you want to ban... so you dont all end up wasting it.
|HoN Player, Sig maker - taking requests|
|waiting for GuildWars|
If 10 bans occur in realtime then certain heroes will never be seen in this mode.
I don't want that.
With this kind of banning you can also ban the hero that you can't play and will repick anyway.
f.e. some people cannot play Ophelia... you can ban Ophelia and she won't be given to you, nor to any other player.
I want a super fast banning phase procedure.
The reason that I recommend that bans remain invisible is to avoid trash-talk about bans. f.e. some people flaming another player that banned Scout.
Why not just play BP with Force Random enabled.
2nd you'll have to w8 up to 5 minutes for the bans, and then get your random hero, which sucks as well.
Banning random is all about quick bans. I believe there is space for this BR mode.
Currenlty there are 2 pick modes AP and BP, there are 2 draft modes SD and BD but there is only 1 random mode AR.
I think this game has far too many BR players already.
Don't need more.