Thread: Map editor - change entity stats/properties?

Map editor - change entity stats/properties?

So I started the new editor and placed some object, transformed the terrain a bit and so on. What I don't get is how to change the stats/properties of the entities in the editor. You know in WorldEditor you have the units editor, buildings editor and so on. Is there something like that in HoN's editor?

For example if I want to change the HP of the main legion building how can I do this? If I want to make a tower start loosing life after it's HP drops below 10% how can I do this? If I want to add new items or change items in the shops, again how can I do this?

Sorry if I'm missing these editors but so far I really can't seem to find how to change entities stats/properties, skills, units etc.

P.S. Didn't see a map editor forum so I posted my topic here.

you have to do this by scripting some XML code
    for a quick intro, read the "customscenariocreation.doc" file, which should be placed in your Heroes of Newerth/Editor folder
    For some help, search for the Savage 2 Modding Forums, i think there is some documentation, and that should basicly be the same as in HoN

Scripting in HoN and Savage 2 are completly different, if you want to learn HoN scripting, you should look at how heroes work in the resources0.s2z file, in the tutorial map or try looking at one of my two maps. Try also reading the quick tutorial here and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

I think I might do a FAQ or/and tutorial for scripting to help people getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Oloko View Post
    Scripting in HoN and Savage 2 are completly different, if you want to learn HoN scripting, you should look at how heroes work in the resources0.s2z file, in the tutorial map or try looking at one of my two maps. Try also reading the quick tutorial here and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

I think I might do a FAQ or/and tutorial for scripting to help people getting started.
    plz do would help me a bunch
    My custom map -> Pacman HoN Style

Thanks for the answers guys.

Oloko, great tutorial mate.