Thread: "Hold ground" not working properly.

"Hold ground" not working properly.

When I send the 'hold ground' command (bound to the back button on my mouse) whilst hovering over a creep - it doesn't register it.

It's rather annoying having to move my cursor off of the creep just so I can cancel the attack animation.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    What's this so-called "back button"?

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Erm, it's the button that you use to go "back" a page in internet explorer - I just mean the side buttons.

100% sure it's not a hardware/software issue on my end. Earlier I had a few other people mentioning something similar in games that I was playing in.

I cannot test it as my mouse does not have extra buttons :/

That's really weird, it works perfectly fine for me. O_O

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

After further testing, it does seem to be an issue with the binding of the key to the mouse button - since when I press 'h' manually it works perfectly fine.

To clarify:

When binding 'hold ground' to "MOUSEX1", the command does not register if hovering the cursor over a creep or any part of the UI. If just hovering over the ground then it works fine.

Oh.

I used MouseX2. I'll try with X1 (if that button exists on my mouse....)

Unfortunately MouseX1 doesn't exist on my mouse......only X2

It's rather bizarre how it works all of the time except for when hovering over a creep/the UI.

I use MOUSEX1 a lot and the same thing happens with me for items usage (well as of like 4 patches ago since I haven't played since then) so you can consider this me half confirming.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaRDeN View Post
    I dont give a **** about the site, it makes like 1 dollar a month (literally), we say trash/garbage so much that the ****ing ads are for dumpsters and recycling companys anyways LOL.

But did you test it on creeps, _?

I tried it using MOUSEX2 also, and I had the same issues.

Also, upon further testing - this doesn't occur with neutrals, only hellbourne/legion creeps.

Maybe it is a hardware issue then & it's with certain mouses since your X2 doesn't work.....O.o

How would my hardware recognise whether or not I'm hovering over a creep or not? Also, it worked fine before the 2.0 patch.

Well, if you insist that it was working fine pre-patch...

Can you go to your startup.cfg and paste the following lines that contain these keywords at the beginning of the line?

GameBind OrderCancelAndHold
    GameBind OrderHold OrderHold

GameBind OrderCancelAndHold OrderCancelAndHold "" impulse game "INVALID" "INVALID"
    GameBind OrderHold OrderHold "" impulse game "H" "MOUSEX1"

Try changing the OrderHold line to this:

GameBind OrderHold OrderHold "" impulse game "MOUSEX1" "INVALID"

I hope you saved the file and restarted the game to see if the changes applied.

Anyway Bug Reports can't help you with this issue anymore - try Tech Support and see what they can do.