Thread: How does XP gain work?

Account Icon

How does XP gain work?

I've played about 20 games so far, and I'm really enjoying HoN... Although one thing I don't entirely understand is how XP gain works.

From what I understand, you get XP from killing, or being close to something that dies.

So my questions are, is there a break down of how much XP you get from each creep? (Is XP different from different creeps(melee, archers, casters)?)

Do you get more XP from killing a higher level hero then a lower one?

And if you last hit a creep, do you get more XP then just being in the proximity? (How much difference if so?)

Fiiiiiiine. I'll answer.

2/3 of screen=you get xp for being near the death of an enemy creep or hero or neutral or Kongor.

Yeah there is somewhere. Doesn't really matter. The big siege units are worth more, and that's really all that matters.

Yes.

No. Last-hitting only nets you gold. No additional XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaRDeN View Post
    I dont give a **** about the site, it makes like 1 dollar a month (literally), we say trash/garbage so much that the ****ing ads are for dumpsters and recycling companys anyways LOL.

Account Icon
    You get XP for being within 1000 range (or is it 1200?) of something that dies. To help you figure out what exactly 1000 range is, the average attack distance of a ranged hero is 600. I think ranged creeps are worth more than regular creeps, and siege creeps are worth the most. Towers don't give any XP at all. The amount of XP you get for a hero kill depends on what level they are compared to what level you are. Neutral creeps give varied amounts of XP. Kongor gives about as much as killing a hero that's your level.

If you have another hero near you, the XP you get is split between both heroes. The same with 3 heroes, 4 heroes, and 5 heroes.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Isin View Post

If you have another hero near you, the XP you get is split between both heroes. The same with 3 heroes, 4 heroes, and 5 heroes.
    Interesting thank you very much _ and Isin...

Normally I share a lane with another player, if I was to go to a lane by myself I should level faster?

Account Icon
    Yes, that is why heroes that 'solo mid' get a significant level advantage over others.

Also, in the options somewhere you can turn on display of the sources of your xp gain. That will help you answer some of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Isin View Post
    I think ranged creeps are worth more than regular creeps, and siege creeps are worth the most.
    You have it backwards. Regular creeps give more exp. 93 exp for normal creeps, 62 for ranged, and 132 for siege units.

EDIT: Juffalo is right. Those numbers are for EM. The numbers for non-EM are 62/41/88, respectively.
    Last edited by ForTheSwarm; 09-03-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheSwarm View Post
    You have it backwards. Regular creeps give more exp. 93 exp for normal creeps, 62 for ranged, and 132 for siege units.
    These numbers are incorrect. edit: I just realized these numbers are probably for -em
    There is an option you can turn on to show XP gains. leave this on for a couple games and you will have it all figured out in no time
    Last edited by Juffalo; 09-03-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Exp is split evenly between every hero 1000 range from the creep.
    [17:23] <@Warchamp7> You can't spell 'Sucker sucks' without "Sucker sucks"