Thread: Chronos build?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chronos build?

Usually people go runed axe , steam, then ep, after that they go savage mace or shrunken depending on situation, can i go steam, rune axe then warpcleft? or there are better builds?

chronos without parasite is gay

EP syngergizes so well with him, I don't know why you wouldn't get it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I rush a savage mace+elder parasite. More attack speed = more bash procs + extra bonus damage from mace which cannot be evaded.
    Hero Suggestions:
    http://tinyurl.com/6bkjuoc - Weaver
    http://tinyurl.com/38eam2t - BEAUTY ASSASSIN

My Deviantart

No because CH and DBP are both pretty bad on him. Go build a Wingbow or something. Actually Alch's works as an AS item but not with Runed Axe. So you can go Alch's-Shieldbreaker or something.
    It's spelt Chronos. C-H-R-O-N-O-S. YOU DO NOT SPELL IT CHORNOS OR CRONOS, IT'S CHRONOS. ARE YOU RETARDED?

Vote Up for the "TOO BAD IT'S ME 0.1% CHANCE FOR 7X MULTICAST LOLOLOL" suggestion!

Annoyed at Zephyr/Warbeast? Play games with him, click on the scout.

My last game with him I tried something different than the cookie-cutter build:

Sustainer > Marchers > Runed > Steams > Warpcleft > Charged Hammer > Whispering Helm > Symbol

Seemed to work pretty alright, I like the constant +IAS from the Warpcleft, and it prevents you from turning into a glass cannon should you not manage to kill all of their disablers under your Chronosphere. Plus it never hurts to have the lightning procs going off while you ult. I really think that Symbol is huge for him. Between its natural high lifesteal, ridiculous activated lifesteal, and your innate evasion from rewind, you will probably take quite a bit of focus fire to bring down in fights, which most enemy teams will not be able to provide should you pick off key targets with your ult. A BKB is not out of the question either, it all depends on what sort of issues you're facing in a given game.

chronos without parasite is gay
    I rush a savage mace+elder parasite. More attack speed = more bash procs + extra bonus damage from mace which cannot be evaded.
    I cannot agree with the statement that EP is a consistently viable pickup on Chronos. Yes, it does let you get off some quick procs from both your passive and RNG-based items like Savage Mace, but god help you if you turn it on in a "safe" gank and end up getting nuked down by a Pyro, Witch, or some other burst hero. Rewind as an RNG ability can only do so much, so you cannot rely on it counterbalancing the 20% increased damage you receive. Simply put, you're rolling the dice far too much on anything other than an assured kill.

No because CH and DBP are both pretty bad on him. Go build a Wingbow or something. Actually Alch's works as an AS item but not with Runed Axe. So you can go Alch's-Shieldbreaker or something.
    The only part of your statement that I find at all tolerable is the mention of a Wingbow or a Shieldbreaker on Chronos. Do not get Alchemist Bones on Chronos. Woo, a mediocre attackspeed item that can net you at best an additional 133.33 gpm assuming an 200 gold increase from a Vagabond Leader every time the item is off cooldown, which is a very idyllic and unlikely situation. Yeah, the buildup is easier than a Warpcleft, but 200g more gives you +25 IAS and the possibility to make either an EHP increasing item, a Breastplate, or a raw DPS/creep clearing item, a Charged Hammer, both items you claim are awful for Chronos. Last I checked, more armor for yourself is never really a bad thing, and it comes with probably one of the most powerful auras in the game, so I don't know where you are coming from with your hate against the DB. The CH is a debatable item, but it's hard to scoff at +70 IAS, +24 damage, 20% chance to proc 200 magic damage to three enemies every time you attack, and a 20% chance to proc 200 magic damage to three enemies every time you're attacked.

This is just my personal theorycrafting/playtesting. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by t2russo; 10-30-2010 at 07:25 AM.

EP isn't so good anymore after the agi steal nerf. Ep was good because you could steal like 30 agi from an enemy, which means they got lowered armor and as etc.

I think the ra+ warpcleft will work fine, but i'm more fan of a steamboots,whispering helm, geobane,savage mace,wingbow,shrunken head

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrixx View Post
    EP isn't so good anymore after the agi steal nerf. Ep was good because you could steal like 30 agi from an enemy, which means they got lowered armor and as etc. + some damage and AS for Chronos etc

I think the ra+ warpcleft will work fine, but i'm more fan of a steamboots,whispering helm, geobane,savage mace,wingbow,shrunken head
    Just wanted to add that(I modified your post a bit). This nerf would probably have me get something else for attack speed, something Warpcleft oriented or maybe even a Frostburn, Hellflower or Geometer's, probably the latter. If I had Crazy farm I'd probably build a Wingbow, assuming rewind and dodge stacks somewhat.

Shrunken Head and Null Stone are in some cases not a bad choice.

Attack Modifyer would be something lifestealish still, I think.

I dunno what I'm saying, I am honestly unsure of what I'd build and I'd have to check on how the game progresses and who I'm against, like with most heroes. Only thing I'm really sure of is that I wouldn't get Striders. And most probably a Savage Mace somewhere.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Steamboots -> Puzzlebox -> Restoration Stone -> Barbed Armor (FEEL DA REWIND ) -> SotM.

...what? It works! ...sometimes.
    Last edited by LastWeaver; 10-30-2010 at 08:50 AM.

i dont like runed axe on him, maybe thats cause i never tried it but oh well

I usually go steamboots, elder parasite, savage mace/bkb, wingbow

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosZ_E View Post
    Usually people go runed axe , steam, then ep, after that they go savage mace or shrunken depending on situation, can i go steam, rune axe then warpcleft? or there are better builds?
    I used to be a runed axe fan, but actually just go steamboots ep and you should be fine after that get savage mace and you will get a kill in the bubble and will **** up teamfights, then when you get your second luxury (usually a shrunken head)
    runed axe doesn't help chronos enough an EP will give you pretty much all you need, so just build your EP also alchemist bones isn't a too bad idea 200-300g every 105 sec will help and the 30AS will help you and just sell it late game for you 5th-6th item by this time you have probably won or lost the game already

I recently began to build a SOTM instead of a Shrunken head. I honestly don't know which is better but I found the SOTM build to be pretty effective, both for the effects (CD reduction, 1 more second, 80% slow for allies) and the stats (about +300 HP iirc).

I'm a mediocre player at best though so this might be discussable (is that even a word?).

Quote Originally Posted by xpinchx View Post
    It can be a bad idea if they have a lot of nukers/burst damage. If you miss one of them in your ultimate the +20% damage can make you just melt to nukers.

Quote Originally Posted by t2russo View Post
    The only part of your statement that I find at all tolerable is the mention of a Wingbow or a Shieldbreaker on Chronos. Do not get Alchemist Bones on Chronos. Woo, a mediocre attackspeed item that can net you at best an additional 133.33 gpm assuming an 200 gold increase from a Vagabond Leader every time the item is off cooldown, which is a very idyllic and unlikely situation. Yeah, the buildup is easier than a Warpcleft, but 200g more gives you +25 IAS and the possibility to make either an EHP increasing item, a Breastplate, or a raw DPS/creep clearing item, a Charged Hammer, both items you claim are awful for Chronos. Last I checked, more armor for yourself is never really a bad thing, and it comes with probably one of the most powerful auras in the game, so I don't know where you are coming from with your hate against the DB. The CH is a debatable item, but it's hard to scoff at +70 IAS, +24 damage, 20% chance to proc 200 magic damage to three enemies every time you attack, and a 20% chance to proc 200 magic damage to three enemies every time you're attacked.
    A heal is never a bad thing either, but I don't see you making Astrolabe on Scout.

You don't get Daemonic Breastplate because you can let your ally get it. If you want negative armour on the person you're attacking get Shieldbreaker, I don't see why as a physical DPSer you'd waste -armour on the rest of their team.

Charged Hammer sucks because it's too irregular. Sure, a 600 magic damage nuke sounds good, but it's 200 to three separate targets and a 20% chance to activate. Factoring in magic armour you're getting, what? Average 30 damage every hit? Not to mention 5000-6000 gold cost. You get CH if you're ranged and if you can get lots of autoattacks off. Not even factoring in the fact that it's the easiest item to counter in the world. "Hey, I have Shrunken Head, now you just spent 6000 gold on 75 AS LOL!"

The chances of you wiping a team in Chronofield is pretty much zero in any med-level game, so you want DPS to your main target inside Chronofield.

Alch's isn't a bad item. If you got that perfect situation of Vagabond Leader every 90 seconds, in fact it'd be even more than a 133 GPM increase, at least 145 GPM because of the time saved in which you'd have been autoattacking the Vagabond. Of course that's never going to happen, and you'd instead waste about 10 seconds every cooldown. Also factoring in that there's not always a Vagabond Leader in the first hard camp you see, you're increasing GPM by at least 120. That's 220 GPM (below average) to 340 GPM (good). You never pointed out why it's a bad item, only that the perfect situation for it is idyllic.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that AS gives diminishing returns, more so if your target's moving?
    It's spelt Chronos. C-H-R-O-N-O-S. YOU DO NOT SPELL IT CHORNOS OR CRONOS, IT'S CHRONOS. ARE YOU RETARDED?

Vote Up for the "TOO BAD IT'S ME 0.1% CHANCE FOR 7X MULTICAST LOLOLOL" suggestion!

Annoyed at Zephyr/Warbeast? Play games with him, click on the scout.

how bout steam, ep, then savage?

steam > EP > Savage is a very solid build. Quite one of the most common ones ive seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Plus, if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time.

I like going Whispering Helm >> Wingbow >> Savage Mace or Symbol of Range

Maybe cause I got tired of the same EP then Mace, but it actually works pretty well.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Elder parasite with savage mace is just downright ownage. Even with the agi steal removed - ep procs more of the passive plus sm's true damage. Rewind somewhat balances out the extra damage taken, so I think ep is still viable for him always.
    Hero Suggestions:

My Deviantart

Account Icon
    EP starts to be less effective as you play higher games and people start learning to spread out

didnt get that pyro in your ult but you popped EP?
    you're gonna have a bad time

EP is arguably less effective due to the agi-steal nerf.
    he is arguably worst now than he was pre-change :/

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    How about, "Oh oops, sorry for your 5 second lifespan in that teamfight, someone had to die"?
    Nah I ain't trollin' ya, ^^
    Hero Suggestions:

My Deviantart