Please browse through the mods before you vote.
If you disagree on certain mods, don't hesitate to reply.
Being a "librarian" of HoN Mods I gained a pretty good insight into mods and especially those which would improve the overall gameplay.
Because of the recent implementation of "Mod Options Framework", "Movable Frames" and "Enhanced Buff Icons" I think it is a good time for a vast implementation of other outstanding mods.
There are a few polls for the mods I mention (check for Poll: Here!) but the majority remains unnoticed.
These mods should be available for every player including those preferring "tournament mode"!
/Enjoy! (Discussion : Modification Forum)
[SIDE NOTE 1]: New heroes and the map editor outrank every mod implementation. These mods add additional features to the game and should be noticed, in due time!
[SIDE NOTE 2]: I could open a poll for every single one of these mods but I prefer to do it in one thread. There are enough suggestion-threads already!
[SIDE NOTE 3]: Nearly all implemented mods should have an enable / disable option.
[SIDE NOTE 4]: Optimized for Match Making._________________________
- Start Screen : Altered | Additional Buttons
- [Download] Bang! Good News! (Bangerz) (Improved News/Message of the Day popup functionality)
Reason: I don't like the constant news popup. This mod shows only new popups and hides old ones. Cosmetic feature.
- [Download] Hide Language Choice (Silv3ri) (Hides the language choice combo-box on the system bar)
Reason: Langue is an option to be chosen in the Settings.
- [Download] Reconnect Button (BASH) (Allows you to reconnect to your previous game by clicking on a small icon)
Reason: Sometimes the default reconnect button doesn't appear, just a neat additional button.
- Chat Channels | Messages | Notifications
- [Download] Bang! In-game-Message to Game Chat (Bangerz) (Receive IMs in Game Chat) (Add Bang! libSlash to reply with /re)
Reason: Useful chat-tool. If you get multiple whispers you might lose track.
- [Download] Bang! Silence of the Clans (Bangerz) (Mute clan and buddy notification noises, Mute chat noises)
Reason: Too much noise anyway, make it an option.
- [Download] Default Channel Leaver (Mertsch) (Allows to leave channels named "Hon" and "Match" automatically)
Reason: Who needs the Match Channels? Make it an option.
- UI Improvements | Tweaks
- [Download] Bang! Player Stats Tweak (Bangerz) (Remembers the last player you looked up when using the back button)
Reason: The current way to browse through players is horrible.
- [Download] Bang! Replay Renamer (Bangerz) (Right Click a Match ID to rename it) (Requires Bang! lib DB)
Reason: Replay navigation lacks features. I'd like to have a "delete" button too.
- [Download] Bang! Speedy Menus (Bangerz) (Speeds up menu browsing)
Reason: Faster menu browsing. Make it an option.
:goldenshield: Selection Screen
:goldenshield: In-Game Improvements
- Colors : Player Colors
- Enhanced Overview
- [Download] Bang! Minimap Ping Throttle (Bangerz) (Throttles pings to 3 over 3.5 seconds per player. You can customize this)
Reason: Ping spamming is disturbing. Put an end to it with this mod.
- [Download] Split Chat (Silv3ri) (Splits the chat box into two, one for user chat and the second for in-game event notifications)
Reason: Everybody needs that! Without it and the constant server spam you'll never see your teammates messages.
- [Download] UI Grid (Javelin) (Add-on for Movable Frames. Provides a grid overlay of the in-game interface) (Discontinued)
Reason: Nice add-on for positioning. Make it optional.
- Missing Indicators
- [Download] Item Levels (init) (Shows the upgrade level on items e.g. Puzzle Box that have a level)
Reason: No need to hover over enemy's items anymore.
- [Download] Mana Costs (Notausgang) (Displays the mana costs of spells and items directly over the icons) (Implemented in MiniUI - Don't use both)
Reason: As a casual player I don't memorize every mana cost.
- [Download] Toggle Labels (Notausgang) (Displays labels on items showing what they are currently set to)
Reason: Is it active? Orly it is on! So on!
- Notifier : Allies and Enemies
- Quick Commands : Chat Macros
- [Download] Hero Voice Chat Icon Fix (slime) (Moves the Voice Chat icon above ally heroes' heads higher up, so the effect doesn't get blocked by the hero's health bar) (Discontinued)
Reason: Look who's talking!
- [Download] Voip Slider (MaxGhost) (Adds up to four hidden squares to the right of the screen which slide if someone starts talking) (Discontinued)
Reason: Finally you can see who has a bad taste in music.
:goldenshield: Mods for public matches
- [Download] Bang! Server Browser Improvements (Bangerz) (Pauses server browser sorting for several seconds after any game is clicked etc.)
Reason: Partially implemented. Bangerz has good ideas.
- [Download] Bang! Buddies (Bangerz) (1 click to request a lock with all clicked-in buddies in lobby, join buddies automatically)
Reason: Partially implemented. I like the lock-request.
- [Download] Full Game Notifier (Ignorance, Bangerz) (Gives you a notification when the game fills up and when all of the slots are taken)
Reason: Alt-tab until the game is full? A simple sound makes it possible!_________________________
Excluded… for now… time-consuming.
- Enhanced Courier Handling
- [Download] Quick Courier (revan_xp) (Enhances Courier handling)
Reason: The courier in DotA is just better. Face it. Without this mod it's a pain in the ass using the flying village idiot.
- [Download] Lobby Credentials (Faedrik) (Checks a player's statistics upon game entry, and compares them with preset parameters) (Discontinued)
Reason: The current hosting system lacks options. This mod provided much more.
- [Download] Templates for creating Games (Darkager) (This mod allows you to fully configure 5 templates, including game name and will remember your settings) (Pending)
Reason: Templates are great! E.g. One for friends with No-Stats, the 2nd for 1700+ etc.
- Replay Synchronization
- UI Improvements : More available Unitframes
- [Download] Bang! Unit Frames (Bangerz) (Provides both easy to use preset templates and the ultimate in unit frame customization)
- [Download] Rizel Unit Frames (Rizel) (Shows: votes, voip, share, mute, kick, scores, gold) (Discontinued)
- [Download] Concise Ally Unitframes (Silv3ri) (Simplistic, movable allied unitframes)
- [Download] Hero Panels (xHomicide) (Combines the functionality of the scoreboard and hero portraits)
- [Download] Barter Unit Frames (Barter) (Replaces the default allies unit frames, using the same layouts of SpecUI, and each frame is movable on its own) (Discontinued)
Reason: The default unitframes are kinda ugly. This is a personal choice but a little variety wouldn't hurt, would it?__________________________________________________
:GeometersBane: Hall of Fame - Implemented Mods
- With Credit
- Bang! A Little Less Conversation (Bangerz) [2.0.0]
- Buddy Follow (__Viking) [1.0.2]
- Enhanced Buff Icons (AsiaPingPong) [1.0.13]
- Mod Options Framework (Tisser) [1.0.13]
- Movable Frames (AsiaPingPong) [1.0.13]
- Portrait Swap (Ignorance, Bangerz) [2.0.0]
- Replay Stats Button (BASH) [1.0.13]
- Slimmed Down Replay Interface (Duker) [2.1.0]
- Spec UI (Barter) [1.0.13]
- Test++ (Quzzap) [2.0.2]
- Without Credit
- Buy All Components (Notausgang) [2.0.0]
- Click Click Item (Notausgang) [1.0.3]
- Kill Notifier (Hollenhoe) [2.0.0]
- Rain / Snow Effect (Strider, SoundWizard, Bangerz) [2.0.0]
- Simple Shop Tooltips (Silv3ri) [2.0.29]
- Shop Recipe Total Costs (Silv3ri) [2.0.6]
- Spell Channeling Bar (AsiaPingPong) [2.0.17]
- Stash Indicator (Tisser) [2.0.9]
- Team-colored Hero Health Bars (slime) [2.1.0]
- XXL Big Hero Guide (BadAssKicker) [2.0.29]________________________________________
- Control Groups: Remembering Control Groups | Auto-select summoned units
- [Download] Bang! Control Freak (Bangerz) (Control groups are saved permanently and automatically remembered per hero)
- [Download] Game Keys Replacement (Ignorance, Bangerz) (Changes what each key does so that you can do new things with it)
Reason: Summoning minions and regrouping them every time is annoying. I prefer a hard-coded implementation rather than a "hacky" mod.
- Creeps: Last Hit Assist
- [Download] Alt Info Revised (Mertsch) (Revised creep HP / MP bars including Last Hit Assist and much more)
- [Download] Custom Creep Bars (xHomicide) (Allows you to style the health bars, mana bars, and last hit indicators on creeps)
Reason: It may ridicule an important part of the game: 'Denying creeps'. However a great "Beginner Mod" and an "overall fairness" contestant.
- Right-Click Deny
_________________________Excluded… Not for everyone.
- [Download] AutoSit (Delfofthebla) (Automatically takes a slot when you join a game)
Reason: If you want to grab a cup of coffee you can do that before you join a game. Speeds up hosting.
- [Download] Bang! FPS (Bangerz) (For low-end computer users who are crippled every time Balphagore uses his ultimate)
Reason: Useful for players with old PCs.
- [Download] Bang! Preloader (Bangerz) (Adds Mod Options Framework options to automatically or manually preload maps)
Reason: Speeds up HoN. Disadvantage: Starting HoN takes way more time.
- [Download] Bang! Panel Beater (Bangerz) (Adds options to remove: Share courier button, Ally unitframes and button, Top right frame: menu button) (Implemented in Bang! Unit Frames)
Reason: Adds options to the default unitframes.
- [Download] Replacement In-Game Button for Movable Frames (ShadowExile) (Access MOF via that button)
Reason: Why did they remove it in the first place? Make it an option.__________________________________________________
Excluded… Optional practice mode enhancement.
- Range Indicators
- [Download] AOE Range Indicators (He) (Contains range indicators for all heroes)
- [Download] Cast Range Indicators (He) (Displays a range circle around the hero displaying the maximum range of any selected ability | item)
- [Download] Reveal Range Indicators LITE (He) (Shows the range of Wards | Tree Sight | Electric Eye) (Full version not recommended)
- [Download] Tower Range Indicator (He) (Shows the attack range of all alive towers on the map)
Reason: Eases the learning curve. Great for testing purposes!
- Stumps instead of trees. Learning the juke paths.
Excluded… Under observation.
- Automatic Attack Modifier Cycling
- Automatic Stance
- Old Texture Models
Last edited by Awan`Afuqya; 07-31-2011 at 07:01 AM.
I didn't really comb through all the mods, as I honestly don't feel like typing up a novel right now, but a lot of the mentioned mods use roundabout/hacky methods of doing things, or border on the "Should this be allowed?" issue.
Just a couple that caught my eye:
The way Autosit works is both hacky and terrible. There are a couple of bugs that I haven't mentioned within the thread-- and aren't usually noticed by the average user. With that said, I don't think it's a good idea for the mod to hit retail with those bugs. I'm all for the idea being implemented, but I really don't think my version should be used. S2 needs to code it themselves, which won't happen.
Hero Voice Chat Icon Fix should definitely be implemented.
I still use MaxGhosts Voip Slider to this day, but it has a display bug for some people (Perhaps a widescreen issue?) so it would have to be reworked if it were to be implemented.
Last edited by Delfofthebla; 10-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
There are many others I'd like to see ingame e.g. xStats but it's to much work to implement them right now.
I know that implementing isn't an easy task. But things like mana costs are great especially for beginners. The same guys implementing MoF and MovF could do this.
I have no idea how HoN is coded but it's the general idea I want implemented.
That said I don't care if it takes a month or a year. I use these mods anyway but there are so many people who never heard of mods (or refuse to use them). They will benefit from an implementation.
Removed more mods.
I'll send a request to NinjaPants if no one else posts .
Time to vote!
Thanks for any kind of reply
Last edited by Awan`Afuqya; 11-02-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Do you have any information how the last 3 community mods were implemented by S2? Stuff like:
Will S2 rewrite or copy/paste?
Will S2 use the whole mod or only parts that they see fit?
Is there communication between the mod creator?
Can the mod creator help S2 out in adding features/rewriting?
Last edited by Awan`Afuqya; 11-16-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Allright, I think I'll stop editing this thread from now on.
Didn't get a PM so far, but the two I sent are still unconfirmed !
Show a little decency and state why you voted no.
Yes, a lot of the mods in the non-controversial section should be implemented.
HoN: Expect less, Pay more!
For the most part, the community mods we implemented were either re-written or code was added to properly support them.
We did leave pieces of them in-tact. It depends how well they are written and what kinds of performance costs they have.
Thanks for the answer =)
I hope parts of my mod makes it into the game
Added Hall of Fame.
Congratulations: Bangerz, Rizel, Strider for the implementation (or the idea) in HoN 2.0
A very good thread to thumb, but honestly I'm too paranoid to add anything that may fck up hon.
lolyouredead, quality hero designer 2010
"Keeping the trolls out of Dream."
Go on...click the link... You know you want to...
Although speedy menus is a nice touch, I don't mind the current ones. However, it would be nice to have as an option for enabling/disabling.
With friends like you, there's no need for enemies. With friends like you, there's no need for anything.
@Pathard: Yes, enable / disable it in the options. Default: Disabled
@Silv3ri: True, "gratz" for the implementation. You got no credit .
Btw. Bangerz PST was partially implemented too (the back button).
Last edited by Awan`Afuqya; 01-28-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typo
Item Levels (init) (Shows the upgrade level on items e.g. Puzzle Box that have a level)
Partially implemented. 3 more votes and this is popular (yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!).