Toggle Snow

Thread: Can't Download Replays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Currently at 54/3, Road Bottom Lane, State Legion, Country Newerth

Can't Download Replays

It seem that I can't download replay at all.

Account Icon
    Can you give specific match numbers? Sometimes, the servers don't save the replay files. If that's the case, I can at least confirm it's not just you.

same problem.
    i can download "50 Most Recent Matches", but not "Featured Matches" or "Highest Rated Matches".
    Fx. Featured Matches, with id 7066386, redirects me to http://replaydl.heroesofnewerth.com/...6386.honreplay, which is broken.
    It has been like this for some time (for me) and I have tried as logged and not (if it matters).

Account Icon
    Well, I'm pretty sure replays are purged after a certain amount of time. If you're trying to download an old replay (7066386 is 2 months old), you're probably out of luck.

I do not get that page then. why show "Featured Matches" as something good to watch now when you can not watch them. same goes for "most viewed".
    if you can not download the replays i do not get why it has a download link...

Account Icon
    I believe that when that page was originally created, they didn't plan on having to purge old replays.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I guess it's moved because of the time, but I don't get it. Why do they need to remove the replay? It's like 10MB per game, Like 1-5GB per day... Ya kinda get it.

And is there any website that saves all the hon replays?

Account Icon
    They gave the stats in beta, but they were burning through a ridiculous amount of storage for replays. As far as I know, there are no sites that archive all replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vida View Post
    I guess it's moved because of the time, but I don't get it. Why do they need to remove the replay? It's like 10MB per game, Like 1-5GB per day... Ya kinda get it.

And is there any website that saves all the hon replays?
    Well, I know why they may not have replays (due to size) - but i still dont get the page. They should remake it. Maybe have featured matchs still have their replays - and only remove the replays if it is for an old version of HoN or a new featured match is posted. And normally professional site does not have so many dead/broken links - imo, just remove the ability to download replay if there isnt a replay for the match.
    It sucks they write stuff like "Very close game with a TON of action from start to finish! 125 kills in 59 minutes!" and "Great high-tier game with an huge turn-around. Definitely a must-watch! --" but you can only see the total stats and no replays.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Traesprit View Post
    Well, I know why they may not have replays (due to size) - but i still dont get the page. They should remake it. Maybe have featured matchs still have their replays - and only remove the replays if it is for an old version of HoN or a new featured match is posted. And normally professional site does not have so many dead/broken links - imo, just remove the ability to download replay if there isnt a replay for the match.
    It sucks they write stuff like "Very close game with a TON of action from start to finish! 125 kills in 59 minutes!" and "Great high-tier game with an huge turn-around. Definitely a must-watch! --" but you can only see the total stats and no replays.
    It totally annoying, but I think they have better things to do now. Fixing MM I guess! Still the replay problem is not a big issue for me.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    pls if you could make 17329962 available i would love you deeply

just want to ask if the replays from yesterday and today that dont work will be fixed, or are they lost forever?

ty
    ... addicted

Quote Originally Posted by KSWISS View Post
    just want to ask if the replays from yesterday and today that dont work will be fixed, or are they lost forever?

ty
    I've got the same question.
    I also add that those replays are not available to download neither in-game nor though the website.

thanks for fixing, works perfect now
    ... addicted

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadweed View Post
    pls if you could make 17329962 available i would love you deeply
    http://replaydl.heroesofnewerth.com/...9962.honreplay

Quote Originally Posted by KSWISS View Post

ty
    Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for those replays to become available for download. If you try to download a replay and it doesn't work, just write it down and try a little later. It seems that did work for you, so glad to hear it!

y i tried several times, never took so long before - so i was just wondering. btw, can u tell me how long u store the replayes before they are no longer available to download?
    ... addicted

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by cryonine View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure replays are purged after a certain amount of time. If you're trying to download an old replay (7066386 is 2 months old), you're probably out of luck.
    Really, is there a source on this? That's incredibly lame, and I as well as many others probably would have d/led more replays to view them at a later date.

Again, this shows S2 is poorly managed and has poor leadership. Their replay page blows and they should remove that d/l button if the replay is no longer available.

I just recently got out of a game. 1 hour has passed and I go online to go download my game replay, Match ID:19373762, but they said the link was broken. Do i have to wait a certain period to download it?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by khoalister View Post
    I just recently got out of a game. 1 hour has passed and I go online to go download my game replay, Match ID:19373762, but they said the link was broken. Do i have to wait a certain period to download it?
    Yes you will have to wait for sometime, but sometime something went wrong with the server and the replay will never be uploaded. This rarely happen.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by CryingGod View Post
    Again, this shows S2 is poorly managed and has poor leadership. Their replay page blows and they should remove that d/l button if the replay is no longer available.
    I don't know how this shows poor management / leadership, but it should probably give a different message ("This replay is no longer available."). During beta, the original intent was for the replays to be available forever, but as the game grew it became unreasonable / impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by khoalister View Post
    I checked that replay and it is available for download at this time, so you should be good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast