Thread: Flint's range is bugged

Flint's range is bugged

Yep I said it :/ Flint's level 3 range ability does NOT let you snipe towers as it should

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just tested it, towers wont attack you back. Maybe you didnt have vision of the tower and needed to move closer?

Took a screenshot too. Yellow line = tower attack range

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You were propably trying it at night.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This belongs in bug report forum.
    That as it is. Attack walking to a tower will engage it at a range smaller than his max range and in range of tower. Right clicking on tower will make him engage at his max range.
    Tried and tested.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    It's not even a bug.

Night vision > your range

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Quote Originally Posted by ElementUser View Post
    It's not even a bug.

Night vision > your range
    zJm's point seems like a bug to me, or at least an artifact of game mechanics causing Flint problems -- I've noticed it as well.

What it looks like, to me, is something in the attack-move code being problematic. It's like the attack-move "agro radius" (how close you have to be to a potential target for attack-move to choose it as a target) is 600ish, so if you attack-move at a tower, you're in its range by the time Flint starts shooting. (this happens even if you have creeps on the tower already, so it's not sight related.)

I hope this is clear enough! I'm very hung over.

Aggro range for all heroes is 800 according to the code

Flint's range is 810 with Deadeye level 4, 750 with Deadeye level 3

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Then I don't know. Try it! See for yourself.

I did and it's normal behavior O.o

Account Icon
    You might need to have a ward near the tower to snipe it properly. Also, considering night vision is 800, and his range is 810, maybe you're standing that far away? I don't know, but I've looked very thoroughly through Beastwood's code when he got released and it all seems pretty normal. There should be nothing that prevents him from sniping a tower, as all his dead eye skill does is have a modifier key that each time he levels it up, sets his attack range as what's in the tooltip.

Click the image to check out a new and unique hero suggestion!
    Other Suggestions: Poseidon

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think something might be bugged with attack ground. It seems Flint walks closer than his attack range actually is.

Yep, just tested it. He attacks creeps just fine when using attack ground, but when attack ground is used to attack tower, Flint walks closer than his attack range to attack it.
    Last edited by trYggpAz; 08-15-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogyShark View Post
    I'm JFK's alt. I never got assassinated. I just stopped playing my main.

Yeah I was just gonna make a report about that. I actually tried to make a mod to change his aggro range but it didn't work online. His aggro range should increase along with his base range though. If he attack-moves sometimes it won't acquire a target until he is about 650-700 range away, and he can even stand still (without holding position) in range of a target and he won't attack it at level 4 of his skill.
    Last edited by BlacRyu; 08-15-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Bug report it then

:P

Flint just shoots and hits things into the darkness....he doesn't need to see them...

Don't know if thats a bug or not...Like have dark lady cast her ult, and just auto attack...you can't see anything, but everything within 800 range is getting nailed.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by OGSagat View Post
    Flint just shoots and hits things into the darkness....he doesn't need to see them...

Don't know if thats a bug or not...Like have dark lady cast her ult, and just auto attack...you can't see anything, but everything within 800 range is getting nailed.
    He's a sniper so he can do it...

Fixed