Thread: Sye's Andromeda Guide - old discussion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Account Icon
    So is carry andromeda seriously considered viable already or something?

Account Icon
    If you have a glacius on your team. against incompetent teammates Aurora spamming is quite funny. 1 aurora blows a tango's regen. and that -armor REALLY makes your auto attacks hit hard.

not for competitive games but it is fun as hell.

btw Im a BIG fan of SoTM on her

Account Icon
    Good job

Account Icon
    does this build still work?

Is this guide finished? Where are the replays? And please, remove the warding and runes sections.. this is a guide to Andromeda, not general gameplay, correct?

This build is way off as I made this when I started playing and was not aware of hero roles. I will update in the next few days. And you can be sure that i will maintain the ward and rune guides as Andro is a great roamer and needs to rely on both.

The Haste rune is very useful for ganking.
    Additionally you are able to chase enemies if they are running away as your movement speed is at maximum.
    Invisibility is extremely powerful for ganking your opponents as they might not expect you.
    The regeneration rune allows you to directly continue you ganking as it refreshes you completely.
    What does any of this have to do with Andro? This is just describing what runes do, common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowshi View Post
    jflogr: Yes, you will be very, very low level compared to the rest of your team. However, you have two solos, and if the ganks go off well, they will be very, very buff.

The item build listed from the guide is trash. The skill build is decent. You should be getting:
    1: Out the door- One set of runes, two mana potions, courier, and wards.
    2. Boots / Bottle
    3. Two bracers
    4. Wards, wards, and more wards
    5. If the game progresses, get a staff of the master.
    6. If the game still progresses, get a portal key

Note: The author is incorrect in saying you don't need steamboots. If anything, you don't need the +Damage from enhanced marchers. Getting +10 strength from steamboots is phenominally greater, as are plated greaves if nobody on your team is getting them.

Those are the ONLY items you should be getting on andromeda.

ALWAYS get comet level 4 by level 7. An andromeda with no comet damage is a useless andromeda. I usually skip aurora and just go
    Comet / Stats / Comet / Stats / Comet / Ult / Comet
    However foregoing stats for ONE level of aurora at level 4 is viable as well.
    THIS THIS THIS

Mid game Game
    Depending on your kills you will
    finish Steamboots in mid-game
    NO
    andromeda should never killsteal
    you don't need ANY of the listed "mid game" items
    same with the "end game" items

you should be buying all the wards

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sye View Post
    This build is way off as I made this when I started playing and was not aware of hero roles. I will update in the next few days. And you can be sure that i will maintain the ward and rune guides as Andro is a great roamer and needs to rely on both.
    Can't wait!

complete revamp of the content.
    colouring,replays , new pictures, formating, ganking routes, screenshots and additions from you will be added soon
    Last edited by Sye; 07-22-2010 at 11:05 AM.

updated with some pictures and some colouring

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    DotA style is Comet-Aurora-Aurora-Aura-Aurora-Ult-Aurora-3x Aura-Ult-3x Comet, not putting Comet before Aura

:P

But anyway...

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

That would be pretty hardcore
    Need to see how my guide works out, i might add it as last option, never tried it.
    I'm personally not really a fan of aura's that early. Well maybe arachna for some lasthitting damage but else, i dont know.
    btw have great holidays

updated again

would love some feedback

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    worst guide ever.

jk sye you did a pretty good job on it.

i actually learned a bit

we need to play again!

Fool you sword

Did some more formatting and colouring. #1 will be reworked next for an easier read and overview.
    Last edited by Sye; 08-05-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Note for Aurora:

Every 0.25 seconds, an affector providing 500/500 sight is created for Aurora.

The projectile for Aurora travels at 1400 units/second, which means it finishes in 1 second (since it travels 1400 units total)

The code files also say that 1 sight affector is created right on top of Andromeda, so a total of 5 sight affectors are created at these positions in front of Andromeda:

0 units @ 0s, 350 units @ 0.25s, 700 units @ 0.5s, 1050 units @ 0.75s, 1400 units @ 1s (the times listed here are the times after Andromeda reaches the cast point of Aurora)

Also, each sight affector lasts 5 seconds.
    Last edited by ElementUser; 08-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Thanks a lot for the info EU
    Post #1 redone with colouring and formating.

Next up:
    Trilane info as they are upcoming those days =]

Hm, I have never used the "Usual Build" ever

Massing 3-5 levels of stats is something I never do on Andromeda before level 11 - I only get 2 levels of stats max early on, if ever
    Last edited by ElementUser; 08-05-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Adjusted, didn't see that flaw. Thanks a lot
    Sorry =)