Thread: Heroes of HoN should be like in DotA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

Heroes of HoN should be like in DotA

my question is why do the makers of HoN not copied the heroes from dota 100%? all 102 heroes should be just copied in HoN. all spells should be the same like in dota so it would be more balanced because icefrog balanced it already.

Not the latest build, that's yet to be balanced. I do agree that more DotA heroes should be making apperances.

Account Icon
    I want my drunken panda.

I completely disagree, i would LOVE to see SOME heroes from dota come over, but all arent needed. This wasnt made to be a 100% dota clone, but an upgrade.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    no.

nuff said.

Account Icon
    then everyone would complain about how there aren't enough original characters.

besides, this is S2games, not a Blizzard community.

Quote Originally Posted by Krangry View Post
    I completely disagree, i would LOVE to see SOME heroes from dota come over, but all arent needed. This wasnt made to be a 100% dota clone, but an upgrade.

Yes, keyword is some. We don't need uninspired heroes like Razor, Clinkz, or Troll Warlord while fun to play and inventive heroes like potm, puck, kotl, beastmaster, ect should definitely be included.

There are definitely some heroes missing. Almost all HoN games I was in to this point, were VERY unbalanced. After 5 minutes of playing it was clear who will win. There was no turnover whatsoever in any of the games.

Gorgon, skeleton king, sand king, etc etc ...

Account Icon
    S2Games has created most of the heroes u see in HoN years ago (2003) they used them in Savage and Savage 2... and personnaly, I realy like the Newerth univers and their chars.

Account Icon
    the op is prolly joking

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    Yes, keyword is some. We don't need uninspired heroes like Razor, Clinkz, or Troll Warlord while fun to play and inventive heroes like potm, puck, kotl, beastmaster, ect should definitely be included.
    This, and we have already some uninspiring heroes.. Madman..

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JTR View Post
    all 102 heroes should be just copied in HoN.

Earlier in the Beta when it was common to play with S2 devs (they often would be half the group) someone was quizzing them about how long it took to do a model. (sorry don't remember which dev was answering). They said it took about a week to render one full model. If that is being true, you asking for almost 2 years worth of work just to catch up to the current rev. Not being DoTA player myself, I would rather see that time be spent on more original content.

Account Icon
    There's another thread on this in the main forum, and S2Maliken said they do plan to add many of the better DotA heroes.

Heh, not being a dota player, you should be happier to recieve recycled dota ideas -- I mean, it's new to you, right? Not only that, but those that already know it, like it.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEPOWERVAN View Post
    Heh, not being a dota player, you should be happier to recieve recycled dota ideas -- I mean, it's new to you, right? Not only that, but those that already know it, like it.
    That is the thing.... those that already know it are considerably ahead on the learning curve.

Account Icon
    First they probably can't do that legally.

Blizzard likely owns those characters and they couldn't be copied without their permission. Which they probably wouldn't give.

Second, if Dota is to grow beyond a WC3 map then you're going to have to accept some change. So decide. If you just want WC3... you already have that. You should be excited by new units... new players... a new engine. All of it based on Dota and with great respect for the game but at the same time NEW. It's a good thing. It's a vitality. Cutting that off leads to stagnation and death.

Think about it.

Blizzard has zero right to the skill concepts of DotA heroes. If they wanted to use wc3 models and sounds there'd be an issue, but obviously that's not the case.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    Blizzard has zero right to the skill concepts of DotA heroes. If they wanted to use wc3 models and sounds there'd be an issue, but obviously that's not the case.
    people were asking for their "drunk panda"... anyway, it shouldn't matter. Why do the characters have to be identicle? it's a little insincere for the dota players to ask the newbies to learn when they're not prepared to so much as relearn some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sordak View Post
    no.

nuff said.
    Great opinion, maybe you should validate it with some reasoning.

---

Anyways. I gotta disagree with you, JTR. I think so many of the heroes in DotA aren't balanced. While great for pubbies, league play seems to revolve around the same heroes (many of which are in the game already). I'd like to see more of these heroes in game (PotM, Puck) along with some new heroes that could potentially belong in a league match. (Heroes like Nymphora and Dark Lady are a nice start, but still need some tweaking.)

I would like to see some more original characters. also some more items,maps!