Thread: Newerth League Kickoff Tournament (July 23 - August 8, 2010)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    check your pms

Feel free to email me with any questions/concerns/feedback/anything! Chilly@newerthleague.com

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The team profiles were up but I found a small vulnerability so I took it down. It'll be up again soon.

Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.

What are the rules on roster locks?

We just picked up a couple new players so I want to make sure and get them registered in time if they're off pubstomping or something.

omg, we are not in!? i did register F7G but we are not in?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviseras View Post
    What are the rules on roster locks?

We just picked up a couple new players so I want to make sure and get them registered in time if they're off pubstomping or something.
    You're allowed 8 players total to play. 5 starters and 3 backup. The rosters are determined by who plays in the first matches.

You need to have EVERYONE registered on NL before your first game.

Quote Originally Posted by drasitic View Post
    omg, we are not in!? i did register F7G but we are not in?
    According to registration you signed up in the #26 spot. So if 2 teams were to drop out you would take the second team's place.

You have to realize that signups filled extremely fast. 41 teams total signed up in the 2 days they were open.

Since I'm sure this issue is going to come up, I'll just get it out of the way:

What server are we going to use when playing vs EU clans? I'd classify my team as USC (most of our players live in Texas). Obviously we'd prefer a USE server and im sure any European team would prefer a EU server. Both options could be considered "Neutral"... How is this going to be resolved?
    Last edited by CHOW; 07-22-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The most neutral server possible is chosen. Which would be USE. I know it's a little unfair for EU teams in this case since you're USC, but this is an online tournament so there will be distance issues. As well there are no servers available in the middle of the Atlantic .

Hope that clears it up.

aren't it better to pick a FR or UK server is the game is between EU and USC clans ? so the US clan don't get 50ish ping and EU dont get 150 plus ? i think in FR or UK USC clans can get 100ping and EU can get 50ish in FR or UK servers

Quote Originally Posted by Baez View Post
    The most neutral server possible is chosen. Which would be USE. I know it's a little unfair for EU teams in this case since you're USC, but this is an online tournament so there will be distance issues. As well there are no servers available in the middle of the Atlantic .

Hope that clears it up.

S2 is currently working on buying servers hosted in Atlantis to solve these EU vs NA disputes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
    aren't it better to pick a FR or UK server is the game is between EU and USC clans ? so the US clan don't get 50ish ping and EU dont get 150 plus ? i think in FR or UK USC clans can get 100ping and EU can get 50ish in FR or UK servers
    I play from california, and any EU server gives me 250+ ping. However, I've time and time again dealt with people telling me to "roll" when the rules didn't specify USE as the neutral server.

Yes, it puts EU at a disadvantage sometimes, but protects against the 300ping BS that teams can pull on USW teams and players.

Teams, i emailed you all but i will post it here as well....You do not need to host the round of 24 through NL however you do need to email me the match id/results

Feel free to email me with any questions/concerns/feedback/anything! Chilly@newerthleague.com

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Stage 2 Group Schedule is up.

2 games each for 3rd place teams. Top 2 teams from each group advance to Round of 16 along with the 12 teams already in.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Brackets for the elimination round are up!

Matches start this Sunday, August 1st, 2010. Scheduled times for teams will be available shortly.

http://newerthleague.com/news/index....ner_tournament

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Schedule is now up as well.

breaky gonna cast xfin vs nabt? =o

the quarter final schedule is up

updated bracket for Semi's

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Finals have been decided.

Team Empire Multigaming vs FnaticMSI

Games take place Sunday, August 8th, 2010!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Congratulations to FnaticMSI!

Spoiler in title. NICE.