MUSIC PLAYER for The Useless Button
YOU MUST HAVE "THE USELESS BUTTON" FOR THE MUSIC PLAYER TO WORK. To load addons you must now go in TUB options and click LOAD ADDONS.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS:
This is an addon to "The Uselesss Button". You can download "The Useless Button" here.
- This means you must have rescourses014.s2z AND rescourses023.s2z for the music player to work.
There is a simple guide in the second post, on how to set-up your songs.
What this mod does:
This mod will add a music symbol by "The Useless button". Which will open a music player.
TUB Music Player: The music player will add a music symbol to your Clan & Community Panel (f6). After clicking it you must close the CC panel to interact with it. Right clicking the music symbol will stop all music.
- Stop (Right click music symbol in CC Panel)
- Play music anywhere in game
- You can only have 12 songs (at the moment)
- All songs must be renamed (Song1.mp3, Song2.mp3, etc..)
- All songs must be mp3
- If you close TUB Music Player then reopen it, it will start from song1.
- The game music will stay play and interrupt your music unless you delete it.
- Right now there is no way for the music to go to the next song without clicking the "next button (>>)"
I can't hear anything but I know I installed my songs correctly.
-Make sure you have music enabled in game
-Make sure your songs are named correctly (song1.mp3 through song12.mp3)
The music stops when HoN music starts
-Known bug, just click the play button to start your music again.
Can I add more music while HoN is running?
Are you really sexy IRL?
-Why yes, yes I am
To install, download this file into the games folder game/ folder. The default locations for these are:
Windows 7: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Windows Vista: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
1. Press Finder
2. Press Applications
3. Right click 'Heroes of Newerth', and press Show containing files
4. Open Game folder
5. Move file here
This is officially modification 023 in the Modification Repository!
Check out other mods by users by clicking here!
Last edited by Tehwildcard; 08-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Adding your own songs is very easy if you follow these few rules.
- You can only have 12 songs
- All songs must be renamed (song1.mp3, song2.mp3...song12.mp3))
- All songs must be mp3
Create \Heroes of Newerth\game\ui\TUB\SONGS and add your songs there. (renamed to song1.mp3 through song12.mp3)
1. First off you must have rescourses014.s2z in your HoN game directory along with the music player above. (Check the original post under INSTALLING to see how this is done)
2. Go to your HoN game directory
Code:Linux: /home/<username>/HoN/game/ Windows 7: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\ Windows Vista: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\ Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\ Mac: 1. Press Finder 2. Press Applications 3. Right click 'Heroes of Newerth', and press Show containing files 4. Open Game folder
3. In the game directory add a folder titled "ui" (without the quotation marks). Open your newly created UI folder.
4. Inside the UI folder create another folder named "TUB" (without the quotation marks). Open your newly created TUB folder.
5. Inside the TUB folder create your last folder named "SONGS" (without the quotation marks). All of your music will go into the SONGS folder.
6. Find the mp3 you want and place it inside the SONGS folder. Rename the mp3 to song1.mp3 . If you want to add more simply add another mp3 to the same folder and increase the song value by 1 (song2.mp3).
7. Load HoN and press f6 to bring up your CC panel, press the music symbol in the top left to open your Music Played.
Last edited by Tehwildcard; 08-24-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Split The Useless Button and Mp3 player. You must now download The Useless Button separately in order to use the mp3 player. This means you must have this addon + rescources014.s2z in your game folder.
Last edited by Tehwildcard; 08-24-2009 at 08:32 AM.
I'm just a little unclear here, does the music play in-game or do we need to have clan and community panel open at all times...
Right now there is no way for the music to go to the next song without clicking the "next button (>>)"
The only reason it's in the clan and community panel is so you can access it from anywhere and it's compatible with every mod currently out.
Last edited by Tehwildcard; 08-24-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Last edited by Tehwildcard; 08-24-2009 at 03:40 PM.
To load this with the updated TUB you must click LOAD ADDONS in the options menu.
Dont work here...i dont know why.
I follow all steps and still dont working.
Can't I have my winamp in background playing the music for me rather than installing this plugin
Just wanted to say,
I HATE ppl that play music when playing HON, and not listening to voicechat, which is so much easier than writing miss, and easier to notice.!
PS: would it be possible to have music "muted" when there was voicechat?
It's already built in the game to lower music volume to something around 25% while someone is talking.
It seems not to work on ubuntu 9.04. =\
Forget about last post, they where not in lowercase. =\ Now is working!
maybe want to see fps and ping at the same time is it possible ?
and what about more addons are you planing more :-)