Thread: DotA Item Icons (v1.61, 2010-07-02)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DotA Item Icons (v1.61, 2010-07-02)

DotA Item Icons

Hello again.

This mod changes all applicable item icons to their DotA equivalent. As a new feature, all items that provide auras, buffs, or debuffs also properly show the same icon on that buff. See the screenshot above for an idea.

While I have released this in a previous thread, I feel it's important for the latest links to be in the first post.

This is packaged as an AutoUpdateable honmod. I will not be releasing an S2Z version as I believe it would be too large.

----------------
    NOTE:

I'm not aware of a honmod that does Hero icons or spell icons. I was working on one, but it's just too much work to keep it updated with the way the .honmod format works.
    See here for the previous thread.

----------------
    DOWNLOAD:

Version 1.61, released 07-02-2010.

DotA Item Icons [.honmod]

Code:
    Changelog:

v1.61 (07-02-2010)
    -----
    Added Blood Chalice (Soul Ring).
    Item icons properly show on buff/debuff indicators.
    -----
    Enjoy!

-RulerOf
    Last edited by RulerOf; 07-10-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Cut down screenshots for easier viewing.
    Short hooks got you down?

"It's not the length of the hook that counts, it's how you cast it!" -Pudge, speaking to Devourer.

Do you love DotA? Do you love HoN?
    Do you hate memorizing two sets of item icons?
    Then DotA Item Icons is for you!

Account Icon
    Glad to see this is updated..saw new item and had to check if it was updated here

EDIT: 1st

Quote Originally Posted by ReDsKiN View Post
    Glad to see this is updated..saw new item and had to check if it was updated here
    You know, when you posted there I thought your name was familiar... and today I realize you're the original mod author!

I just wanted to say, thank you so much for the original version. My PSR would have died without it! As a DotA fanatic, I'll maintain this mod for as long as I play HoN and own web hosting. And even then, probably longer than that

Also, if you get a chance, would you mind letting me know what you think regarding this thread I started one forum up. I appreciate it if you do!

-RulerOf

"It's not the length of the hook that counts, it's how you cast it!" -Pudge, speaking to Devourer.

cool im already using it thanks!

HANDS DOWN the best mod so far for me!
    I tried using DotA Names in Item Descriptions:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=5104
    However, its not working properly in the new patch. I can only see less than half of the name in green font hanging out.
    I also tried using DotA item/hero replacement icons:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=13901
    But its missing some items, so some are missing an image. For some the recipes don't work properly. For example, Crystalys, when you buy extra recipes, it will buy it, but won't upgrade the item to a higher level. And for some, its not accurate and asks for items that don't exist in the game any more, like power trades. It shows the power trade recipe, which doesn't exist anymore and no need to buy one. And as for the heroes, it doesn't not include all of them, like Lion. It is the same hero in HON, except the image is missing. Its no big deal, except, I assumed that all the heroes would be in this mod, so I played the game for like 3-4 days till I saw that hero in the game and realized it was lion...
    Last edited by Renegador; 08-05-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegador View Post
    HANDS DOWN the best mod so far for me!
    Glad you like it!

I haven't updated the first post in the thread, but I thought I'd let you know that Bangerz rolled this mod into an all-inclusive mod called DotA Helper that has heroes, items and all that if you like. There's a thread in this forum called Bang! UI Mods where you can find it

I just tried using Dota Helper by Bang, but I keep getting this error
    "Could not find the string starting with "icon1.tga" as sought by line 711."
    I looked the line up and here it is:
    "<editfile name="items/recipes/insanitarius/item.entity">
    <find><![CDATA[icon.tga]]></find> <replace><![CDATA[dota_icon.tga]]></replace> <find><![CDATA[icon1.tga]]></find> <replace><![CDATA[dota_icon_active.tga]]></replace> </editfile>"

So this mod is still my favorite

I just tried using Dota Helper by Bang, but I keep getting this error
    "Could not find the string starting with "icon1.tga" as sought by line 711."
    I looked the line up and here it is:
    "<editfile name="items/recipes/insanitarius/item.entity">
    <find><![CDATA[icon.tga]]></find> <replace><![CDATA[dota_icon.tga]]></replace> <find><![CDATA[icon1.tga]]></find> <replace><![CDATA[dota_icon_active.tga]]></replace> </editfile>"

So this mod is still my favorite
    Okay, so that mod doesn't work with this mod together. That was my problem koo koo moment

Okay, so that mod doesn't work with this mod together. That was my problem koo koo moment
    Ahh, thanks for informing me! I wouldn't suspect that they would be compatible, as I think my mod is almost wholly a subset of DotA Helper anyway. If you're looking for something more complete, DotA Helper is likely the way to go

is this just the image changes or is there a name change too? ive been looking all over and cant find one

Quote Originally Posted by cousmiester View Post
    is this just the image changes or is there a name change too? ive been looking all over and cant find one
    Just pictures. Names are covered in Bang! DotA Helper. I've had the idea in mind to split DotA Helper up into several different mods or perhaps mod options. It's a time thing :P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You need to update this for HoN 2.0 Hurry!

Please update it faster.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Fix for 2.1.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?bkw1b04kr1mleze

Works but 5 Icons got the Hon styling (incl. Steamboots, some errors -> deleted icon code lines).

// Edit: All fixed

Readmore @ Page2
    Last edited by YfOrU; 07-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks you!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Last Activity: 11-14-2010 01:55 AM
    ->>>

[Download] Bang! DotA Helper (Bangerz) (Complete mod to help people transition from DotA including heroes, items & hotkeys)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Helper is a nice modification but not that great if you have mates that never played DotA. Just using DotA Item Icons (for yourself) and Hon Item Names makes transition and communication easy
    Last edited by YfOrU; 12-14-2010 at 04:53 PM.

How about an update these days? could really use a version for 2.0

Yes, it's a little bit hard to know what is what when you've never played with HoN icons, fortunately for me I've been watching honcast a lot so I can figure it out, can't imagine without it /:

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just use my Fix for 2.1.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?bkw1b04kr1mleze

// Edit: All fixed

Readmore @ Page2
    Last edited by YfOrU; 07-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.