Thread: Why do you think Forsaken Archer is a hard carry and Andromeda isn't?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do you think Forsaken Archer is a hard carry and Andromeda isn't?

I'm curious why people think Forsaken Archer is a hard carry (or semi-carry if you feel the need to argue that), and that andromeda is not.

I'm not trying to make a point, this is purely a curiosity induced post based on various posts I've read about what people seem to think a 'carry' is.

fa has a good ultimate, andro has not

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Andromeda can't farm
    Andromeda has crappy range
    Andromeda is slower
    I have returned

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDodger View Post
    Andromeda can't farm
    Andromeda has crappy range
    Andromeda is slower
    Quoted For Truth

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    fa has a good ultimate, andro has not
    FA's ultimate is mediocre and situational imo And i think Andros ult is way better since i'ts a gr8 intitiation tool to take out high priority targets before the fight even begins.

But on topic: I consider support(carry-support) because the only skills she has that scale buffs her :fors: allys more then herself because she unlike semi-carrys dont have any good farming tools. A carry either have strong scaling skills or strong farming skills, has team oriented scaling skills in her aura and aurora wich coupled with a semi-carry that farms crazy like :fors: makes her more valuable as a support hero than a carry herself.

all of andromeda's abilities are supportive.

Worse stat gain. Worse range (in danger more often). Suicidal ultimate (in danger more often). No skeletons of rape. Slower (obviously due to the lack of a mount ). Can't farm, ganks more.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifate View Post
    Worse stat gain. Worse range (in danger more often). Suicidal ultimate (in danger more often). No skeletons of rape. Slower (obviously due to the lack of a mount ). Can't farm, ganks more.
    Andromeda has fairly good starting agility with a respectable str gain.

Andromeda
    16 (2.3)
    27 (2.3)
    15 (1.8)

Forsaken Archer
    17 (1.7)
    22 (2.7)
    17 (1.8)

It's not stats as much as it is simply farming power and range.
    I have returned

Worse stat gain in the "hardcarry I have Shrunken Head and need to do as much damage as possible in the few seconds I'm all jacked up" department. :-P

FA has a useful scaling skill, whereas Andro has a scaling skill that benefits the entire team. FA can farm like mad, Andro is great for initiation (and initiatiors often die).

Forsaken Archer is a semi-carry, not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectBlue View Post
    Forsaken Archer is a semi-carry, not hard.
    You obviously read the OP.

I find these answers quite amazing so far. None of these responses are seen when people ask "What is a hard carry?".

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebees View Post
    Well it's a big difference. And FA carries on splitshot during mid/lategame where she'll be debuffing the entire opposing team with shieldbreakers.

to all those retards who think andro is no carry because of her lack of farming ability.
    look at arachna or even cd

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTrooper View Post
    Well it's a big difference. And FA carries on splitshot during mid/lategame where she'll be debuffing the entire opposing team with shieldbreakers.
    Hey, good job reading too.

He posted that FA is a semi-carry, despite the fact that in the OP I said "or semi-carry if you feel the need to argue that". I guess he felt the need to argue that, though it seems more likely, like most people, he decided to post before reading. *shrug*

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Eypioh View Post
    to all those retards who think andro is no carry because of her lack of farming ability.
    Arachna has far, far better range, and has insane base damage.

Corrupted Disciple has an AOE farming skill in his Electric Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Eypioh View Post
    Lol, I know it's off-topic, but is a beastly farmer. His electric tide, his ult and his movespeed buff all give him insane farming possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebees View Post
    Yes I did. And my reply is the same, she is a semi carry not hard. I am answering the first part your sentence. The second part has already been answered multiple times by other users (regarding Andromeda).
    Last edited by PerfectBlue; 06-30-2010 at 11:21 AM.