Thread: Ask A Question (Archive)

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowshi View Post
    Control right click

B --> Right click item in stash --> left click in your inventory
    It still doesn't work, the item is grey as are both inventory and stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkz View Post
    It still doesn't work, the item is grey as are both inventory and stash.
    You're not in range of the fountain?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by JarJar View Post
    So would one be able to purge the movement buff from Fayde if you were able to reveal her? I think thats what I meant to ask.
    it seems like you should, because it's not on the non-purgable list
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    tits or gtfo

What does it mean to "ban" someone... does that mean they can't join any games you create? Will it notify you if you join a game with someone you banned?

Quote Originally Posted by A_v_a_t_a_r View Post
    What does it mean to "ban" someone... does that mean they can't join any games you create? Will it notify you if you join a game with someone you banned?
    It tells you: "A_v_a_t_a_r is on your banlist: "*******""

Or something like that. You can join, they can join, it just notifies you.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Is LN still the hot stuff for learning and fun inhouses without rage?

Also: What kind of carry is MQ and Predator...?
    Quote Originally Posted by NubbyMcNub View Post
    HoN's cliff has no footholds and has people at the top insulting your mum.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaR` View Post
    Im only 1500 cuz i only play with noobteams who feed
    If id have proper teammates id easily be 2000-2100

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnograhpy View Post
    Is LN still the hot stuff for learning and fun inhouses without rage?

Also: What kind of carry is MQ and Predator...?
    LN is just big. everyone rages but it's still playable

MQ is just a regular agi carry/ganker/glass cannon
    Pred is an anti-carry, the more hp u have the better for him
    tits or gtfo

Pred somehow more an anti-tank

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Excil View Post
    Pred somehow more an anti-tank
    tanks DO NOT EXIST IN HON. if u're a good carry u get hp too, have u ever seen an ss with a behemoth heart so he doesn't have surprise buttsex in a team fight?
    tits or gtfo

Tank is poor wording, but he is a counter to tanky (notice the y) heroes. As long as they don't have a lot of armor, that is. He is great against most str heroes, who have a lot of hp and little armor (but also great against most int heroes, who don't have a lot of hp and still have the little armor)

Armor is important because his carnivorous passive is physical damage. Pred has a lot of trouble against high-armored heroes.

Also SS with behe heart is pretty good because it allows him to kill creep waves with 2 nukes in lategame. But most people get FWS on him lategame anyway, which makes him extremely buff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    Tank is poor wording, but he is a counter to tanky (notice the y) heroes. As long as they don't have a lot of armor, that is. He is great against most str heroes, who have a lot of hp and little armor (but also great against most int heroes, who don't have a lot of hp and still have the little armor)

Armor is important because his carnivorous passive is physical damage. Pred has a lot of trouble against high-armored heroes.

Also SS with behe heart is pretty good because it allows him to kill creep waves with 2 nukes in lategame. But most people get FWS on him lategame anyway, which makes him extremely buff.
    the point was that ss + behemoth heard = good ss cus carries need survivability too (unless if ur a REALLY pro with ur 5 doombringers)

armor isn't a problem cus of his ult and the items that u should get on him
    tits or gtfo

How do I change the hotkey for Fortification of Sol? I know that it is under controls, but I can't seem to find the specific line.
    Support the larger courier inventory suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by JONNyG View Post
    Pretty sure I invented the tactic of using sound while playing because 90% of the F*****g pubs I play either have music on or don't have sound to hear my miss calls. That or rushing staff/demonic on voodoo. Best. Ulti. Ever.

Graphic by rea

How can I deal with a Portal Key Pebbles? I have very few heroes I have real problems with (Glacius w/ Swift is one combo I do have problems), but the nuking bastarding jumping throwing me around Pebbles is something I have no clue how to deal with. And due to them usually porting right next to me there is no way to avoid the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMJ View Post
    How can I deal with a Portal Key Pebbles? I have very few heroes I have real problems with (Glacius w/ Swift is one combo I do have problems), but the nuking bastarding jumping throwing me around Pebbles is something I have no clue how to deal with. And due to them usually porting right next to me there is no way to avoid the stun.
    Like you said, theres no way to avoid the stun. You can't really protect yourself.
    The best thing to do is buying some magic armor stuff. His combo deals about 1,1k damage. Thats much, especially early game but just buying a Vestment for 400g (+5 magic armor) will help you to survive his combo.
    Of course that won't be enough if he just initiates a fight and his teammates follow him.

Another good advice even though it might not sound like one: Don't let him get the initiation

2 silly questions which I had no clue where to post:

1. I can't get the following in-game chat command working:
    /stats *player name* [pop]
    I tried writing that pop with and without all kinds of symbols arround them, it just won't pop down the stats in a way they pop when I look my own stats.

2. How can I find my forum posts fast, I've not yet been able to find a list of them anywhere.

Thanks
    The sadness in the following events were unfortuently NOT from a 1300 EM but infact from a 1600+ game.

When I thought I had seen it all, someone introduce the brand new Forest Slayer. HoN never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezk View Post
    2. How can I find my forum posts fast, I've not yet been able to find a list of them anywhere.

Thanks
    You can just use the advanced search to search for posts by username.

Also i think theres a list of posts in your User CP but im not sure about that.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo_Fighter View Post
    You can just use the advanced search to search for posts by username.

Also i think theres a list of posts in your User CP but im not sure about that.
    actually click on ur username on the top right of the tool bar at the top of the page (not the one that follows the screen) and then click on statistics and then view all posts
    tits or gtfo

Can someone explain to me exactly how flagellation works on gladiator? at level 4 I understand it gives 60 bonus damage. Is it just that 60 that gets splashed? Also, I'm assuming the enemy being hit also gets the splash? Thanks.
    Last edited by spdn4cr; 07-06-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by spdn4cr View Post
    Can someone explain to me exactly how flagellation works on gladiator? at level 4 I understand it gives 60 bonus damage. Is it just that 60 that gets splashed? Also, I'm assuming the enemy being hit also gets the splash? Thanks.
    I can't remember with 100% certainty since I haven't played DotA nor HoN in a while, but I think its +60 damage on that one attack, and is also splashed with the total of your damage. The enemy being hit gets the +60 damage but it isn't splashed onto them as well (for 120 damage).

So whatever your attacking will take your normal damage +60, and so will splashed units.
    I'm really bad at losing on purpose. I just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    I can't remember with 100% certainty since I haven't played DotA nor HoN in a while, but I think its +60 damage on that one attack, and is also splashed with the total of your damage. The enemy being hit gets the +60 damage but it isn't splashed onto them as well (for 120 damage).

So whatever your attacking will take your normal damage +60, and so will splashed units.
    That's what I thought as well but another site said only the +60 true damage was splashed but maybe it was wrong. So in your example if the person had 100 damage to start with the enemy being hit would get 160 damage and the splash would be 160....does that mean all 160 is true damage? Thanks.