Thread: Ask A Question (Archive)

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
    Account Icon

Ask A Question (Archive)

Ask a Question

Purpose
    Hundreds of questions are asked in the Training Grounds every day, most of them one-answer questions. The purpose of this thread is to help clean up the forums while providing an easy means with which to obtain answers.

Rules
    1. Question must be related to Heroes of Newerth
    2. Question must be appropriate and follow all normal forum rules.
    3. When answering, please quote the person you answered.
    Try to keep conversations to a minimum. If it's something that has discussion value it's best to open up a thread. AAQ should be primarily for questions that have set answers or at least answers that won't change until a new patch is released.
    New to Heroes of Newerth? Find help in the Training Grounds.

DenyTheTruth is not an employee of S2. All views in the above post are that of the poster and not that of S2 Games unless otherwise stated.

Is DenyTheTruth really the most awesome moderator on this forum?

Also:
    Play stats / nostats with bad internet connection, and why?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezrach View Post
    Is DenyTheTruth really the most awesome moderator on this forum?

Also:
    Play stats / nostats with bad internet connection, and why?
    Yes. Five awards prove it.

no stats, if you DC you won't get a leave.

DenyTheTruth is not an employee of S2. All views in the above post are that of the poster and not that of S2 Games unless otherwise stated.

Is Pestis ult purgeable by :NullfireBlade: ?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why are commonly asked questions not taken into a big FAQ?

You're making a topic which will be spammed and only usefull if you spam in yourself.

Questions like Engineer ult vs magic immune, purge effects, nullstone effects, when the map editor comes up... and so on.

I'm not some kind of veteran on this forum, and i'm fed up with those questions already.

Yes i know, there are alot of topics saying those things, but since people fail to recognise the search function, might as well clean up the forum and create a big-ass topic full of in-depth knowledge.

Yes, this will be time consuming, yes it will be worth it...

PS: no i'm not going to do it ^^
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
    ~Steven Wright

I am a mentor at Epoch.
    Want to learn in a environment which does not troll you for your questions?
    Want to be able to ask 1900+ players their insight on your situations? www.projectepoch.com/forums/
    Join us and learn!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by DenyTheTruth View Post
    Yes. Five awards prove it.
    I dispute this. The golden shield isn't a real award so it doesn't count; and since you lied("denied the truth") you're an immoral person who cannot be considered a great leader for all of the noobs in the forum.

Is Pestis ult purgeable by :NullfireBlade:?
    Yes. And by several heroes as well.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Undutchable View Post
    Why are commonly asked questions not taken into a big FAQ?

Yes, this will be time consuming...

PS: no i'm not going to do it ^^
    This is why. The last thread had 1500 posts in it.

We're going to try, with this one, to keep it more clean and push stuff into a FAQ.

Question Geometers/Nullfire/Nullstone

Why is geometers bane:GeometersBane: most used on arachna, it seems like that is the only hero it is a "must" on, y not on ...

How do you get charges on nullfire:NullfireBlade: or do you only get 8 and thats it?

How is a nullstone:Nullstone: used, never bought one and i am confused by description, do you get to negate someone from using a certain spell?

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTwats View Post
    Why is geometers bane:GeometersBane: most used on arachna, it seems like that is the only hero it is a "must" on, y not on ...

How do you get charges on nullfire:NullfireBlade: or do you only get 8 and thats it?

How is a nullstone:Nullstone: used, never bought one and i am confused by description, do you get to negate someone from using a certain spell?
    1. I don't really know, it's just a perfect viable item for arachna. But also very decent on Corrupted, FA and so on. Just a good mid game DPS item. With survivability, atk speed and damage furthermore its a portable illusion Rune and it purges

2. You get new charges by purchasing the Recipe again.

3. It negates, "eats" a single, targeted spell. For example Andromedas Stun, but not AoE spells like FA's stun

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

U can get 8 more buying recipe one more time
    , but only one time u get more agi and more small things too

Geometer bane is good in aracna cause she can slow and have + damage aura so its a lot of daamge and it great increase survivality, its very good on CD too and a lot used

Nullstone block almost every single target spell - see it here http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=38043

Geometer's Bane is a very, very heavy DPS item. This makes it very good on any ranged semicarry such as Arachna, Valkyrie, Soulstealer, Engineer- Any agi semicarry/carry that needs damage.

The problem is, not all ranged agi semis/carries need damage. Corrupted Disciple leaches 20 damage / second from an enemy- that's more damage than geometer's will ever get you. Engineer has hit turret, which synergizes far more with thunderclaw than geometer's will synergize with him- so he doesn't get it. Wildsoul is melee half the time, so he doesn't get it- See what I mean?

Don't even bother getting it on characters that aren't agility. This means strength carries will never see this item (The damage boost isn't good enough for melee). Same with Intelligence.

Question Nullstone

Quote Originally Posted by CaparroZ View Post
    Nullstone block almost every single target spell - see it here http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=38043
    wait...does this mean that just cannot use his ult on you if you have this, or he uses the skill on you and it just does nothing? Also is it targetable...like you select it then click an enemy heroe and these skills are negated for a certain amount of time.

thanks for all your tips, much appreciated.

wait...does this mean that just cannot use his ult on you if you have this, or he uses the skill on you and it just does nothing? Also is it targetable...like you select it then click an enemy heroe and these skills are negated for a certain amount of time.

thanks for all your tips, much appreciated.
    Assuming nullstone is not on cooldown:

Deadwood goes up to you, and you start to shine blue. You have successfully absorbed his ultimate.

How to counter this:
    Deadwood goes up to you, but he knows you have a nullstone. Luckily, his buddy also knows you have a nullstone, and wastes flaming hammer on you. You go blue absorbing the flaming hammer. Deadwood proceeds to punch you for all your HP.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowshi View Post
    Assuming nullstone is not on cooldown:

Deadwood goes up to you, and you start to shine blue. You have successfully absorbed his ultimate.

How to counter this:
    Deadwood goes up to you, but he knows you have a nullstone. Luckily, his buddy also knows you have a nullstone, and wastes flaming hammer on you. You go blue absorbing the flaming hammer. Deadwood proceeds to punch you for all your HP.
    Or if the Deadwood was really smart, he'd throw his stick at you to eat your Nullstone. That way he doesn't have to rage at his Blacksmith friend for 30m afterwards for not using either spell "because the Nullstone would eat it".

Oh yeah. I forgot that Deadwood's tree skill also throws trees. Oops.

But yeah. You completely absorbs them, including swiftblade ultimate, succubus ultimate, witch/pyro ultis, and many more. It's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowshi View Post
    But yeah. You completely absorbs them, including swiftblade ultimate, succubus ultimate, witch/pyro ultis, and many more. It's really good.

It's a good item but very situational. If you face an AoE lineup its nearly worthless because without targetable spells its pointless.
    You should always look at the enemy lineup before buying it. pk_thunder told me it becomes viable if the enemy has 4 or mroe targetable spells a while ago.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    hey, does nullstone now block AoE spells if u target a hero with it

(like witch and his stun, if u click for the stun to hit some, by the target, it is considered a single target spell and ik for sure that frostwolf activates on it, but will nullstone eat it?)
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    tits or gtfo

Some guides for Hammerstorm advice to buy Riftshard, but as far as I know Riftshard doesnt increase dmg when his ult is on, so why is it good item on him? Is it only cause U have better chance to hit crit dmg with your ult on? If so, is it worth the price?
    ty

Thx Caesius for sig! <3

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^tbh I'd rather pk, insan, and behemoth heart on hammer

there's really no need for crits cus he's one of the beefier carries than the rest and wins fights just cus he has so much HP

riftshards can work with any hero with carry ability and it wouldn't be too bad (doesn't synergize with his ult but ur doing crits and have +75 dmg fairly cheap with a easy buildup)
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    tits or gtfo

Uhm I don't know why it shouldnt increase the dmage while his ult is on.

And uhm yeah Riftshards is a bit of a underrated item, but its decent on Hammer. Seeing some high red numbers popping up is fun.