Thread: Ask A Question (Archive)

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntmeo_O View Post
    I hadnt realized it had changed since dota.

In dota it was:

Code:
    P(chance to crit) = 1 -  (1 - P[A crit]) * (1 - P[B crit]) * (1 - P[C crit])
    So a 35% crit and a 25% crit would result in a 51.25% overall chance to crit, with one overriding the other in precedence. This balanced multiple bashers / burizas before they removed the bash stacking.

Can you confirm it is actually different? Might not seem significant to you (eg simplifying it for simplicity's sake) but it makes a difference.
    This is actually correct, what I said was only partially correct. If you have a strong 25% crit and a weak 25% crit, the strong 25% will apply to 100% of your attacks, and the weak 25% will apply to the remaining 75%. This gives you a 43.75% total crit chance.

That is my understanding of the mechanic, anyway. Elementuser can probably clarify this better than I can.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Having trouble getting started? The Training Grounds and Project Epoch can help!
    I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.

I got a question about Hellflower and Tempest ulti. Hellflower is supposed to be the counter to Tempest even going through Shrunken Head. What I wonder: can I use it while being caught in the ulti, or can it only be cast by heroes who are not being sucked in?
    Same with Vindicator, can he activate the ulti while stunned / perplexed?

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Both have a chance to proc.

Overall critical chance is what the person above me said. If both criticals proc at the same time, the highest critical multiplier will be used.

Overall DPS increase is calculated differently and is based on probability.

If you do a search in the Mechanics forum for a hearted thread with keyword "Critical", you'll find some more details on overall DPS increase.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMJ View Post
    I got a question about Hellflower and Tempest ulti. Hellflower is supposed to be the counter to Tempest even going through Shrunken Head. What I wonder: can I use it while being caught in the ulti, or can it only be cast by heroes who are not being sucked in?
    Same with Vindicator, can he activate the ulti while stunned / perplexed?
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=27848

being silenced will not allow you to use spells and perplexed will stop you from using items.

being stunned is more of a pseudo silence, but it will stop all channeling spells. (like I'm pretty sure if you get sotm on you still won't be able to activate it while stunned and it doesn't stop 's passive, the only passive that can be stopped with silence in the game)
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    tits or gtfo

One more question, when watching HonCast games, they always pause at the beginning. Is there any special reason to do so?

Edit: Thanks Thunder for that overview, I was not too sure about that Tempest ulti.

Quote Originally Posted by pk_thunder View Post
    the true strike makes your auto attacks never miss unless disjointed (aka evasion)
    true strike cant be evaded

One more question, when watching HonCast games, they always pause at the beginning. Is there any special reason to do so?

Edit: Thanks Thunder for that overview, I was not too sure about that Tempest ulti.
    Mechanically: No. Nothing special happens if you pause. Chances are, it's because they're giant huge tourney games, or they're fiddling with the honcast stuff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

there are competitive HoN teams across the world.

say a team from france comes to play vs a team from the US, US gets the server roll (or w/e they do to decide which server to play on) and I'm pretty sure they do:

game 1: US server
    game 2: FR server
    game 3: US server

if the US wins the server roll.

playing on a server that's far away from you generally makes you lag (because even if it's only .4 seconds of delay from the server to you, you'll still see the lag) and some times ppl just need a pause to get things set up and maybe relog/reboot in hopes for a better latency/less lag. sometimes it family business ("Get off the computer, you've used it all day") or their mouse broke.

lol I could've make this tons shorter xD

also pretty sure they sometimes pause for HoNCast, like when the stream screws up or something (I've seen it once but that was some time ago)
    tits or gtfo

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=27848

being silenced will not allow you to use spells and perplexed will stop you from using items.

being stunned is more of a pseudo silence, but it will stop all channeling spells. (like I'm pretty sure if you get sotm on you still won't be able to activate it while stunned and it doesn't stop 's passive, the only passive that can be stopped with silence in the game)
    Vindicator's passive aura effects are stopped by silence (and stun?).

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Having trouble getting started? The Training Grounds and Project Epoch can help!
    I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripwyr View Post
    Vindicator's passive aura effects are stopped by silence (and stun?).
    can't silence when silenced/stunned?
    tits or gtfo

My question is about playing Legionaire. I have read guides on him and also read up about creep stacking and pulling creeps into lane. However, whenever I play Legionaire I am usually a level or so behind everyone else while jungling.

I start with a shield+tango's and often buy the courier due to no one else buying it. I'll very often start by pulling creeps into lane and getting the last hit. Then i'll go to the easy camp and kill that. Next i'll look for a Skeleton camp or Vegabond and stack it. Very often though I get on very low health and have to stop farming for a good while, sometimes even having to run back to the fountain or send for new tangoes on courier.

My problem is that I often get low health on the easy creeps but also I can die quite fast from stacking mobs due to not enough swing procs. Is there any better way to do this?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Juztice314 View Post
    My question is about playing Legionaire. I have read guides on him and also read up about creep stacking and pulling creeps into lane. However, whenever I play Legionaire I am usually a level or so behind everyone else while jungling.

I start with a shield+tango's and often buy the courier due to no one else buying it. I'll very often start by pulling creeps into lane and getting the last hit. Then i'll go to the easy camp and kill that. Next i'll look for a Skeleton camp or Vegabond and stack it. Very often though I get on very low health and have to stop farming for a good while, sometimes even having to run back to the fountain or send for new tangoes on courier.

My problem is that I often get low health on the easy creeps but also I can die quite fast from stacking mobs due to not enough swing procs. Is there any better way to do this?
    you want an HP pot and 2 buckers to start with and don't expect to be jungling effectively if ur in a pub were they don't buy couriers
    tits or gtfo

can't silence when silenced/stunned?
    Correct

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Juztice314 View Post

This guide is the best one: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=11992

However, you've said that you read guides, and know about creep stacking etc. Can you show us a replay of you with legion, so we can give pointers?

Hmm I'll give some quick advice regardless of replay.

Instead of pulling the creep camp into lane at 0:47, pull it at 0:52 to stack it. Pull THAT into the lane. It should deny the entire creep wave, and weaken the creeps. Proceed to destroy them. By the time they are dead, it should be around 1:30-ish. If you can find a golem camp, kill it. at 1:52 pull the large camp and stack it. Pull the pullable camp into lane again. You should be level 3, and the enemies should be near your tower because of your pulling. Use your health potion and go gank the lane if you can. A successful gank will get you level 4, hopefully some hero kill gold, and extra lane creeps to boot. Buy a health tube and stack as many camps as you reasonably can while killing small camps and regaining your health. If possible you want to have several triple-stacked camps by the time you hit level 5. Kill these camps and you'll have level 6, boots, and possibly your Helm of the Black Legion.

The trick with jungling heroes is balancing farming and ganking. A good balance will maximize your farm.

EDIT: I looked at the stats of your last legionnaire game. It looks like you did ok, and your entire team failed. Cant actually watch the replay from work, but if I remember when I get home ill glance at it.
    Last edited by itwasntmeo_O; 07-21-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntmeo_O View Post
    This guide is the best one: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=11992

However, you've said that you read guides, and know about creep stacking etc. Can you show us a replay of you with legion, so we can give pointers?

Hmm I'll give some quick advice regardless of replay.

Instead of pulling the creep camp into lane at 0:47, pull it at 0:52 to stack it. Pull THAT into the lane. It should deny the entire creep wave, and weaken the creeps. Proceed to destroy them. By the time they are dead, it should be around 1:30-ish. If you can find a golem camp, kill it. at 1:52 pull the large camp and stack it. Pull the pullable camp into lane again. You should be level 3, and the enemies should be near your tower because of your pulling. Use your health potion and go gank the lane if you can. A successful gank will get you level 4, hopefully some hero kill gold, and extra lane creeps to boot. Buy a health tube and stack as many camps as you reasonably can while killing small camps and regaining your health. If possible you want to have several triple-stacked camps by the time you hit level 5. Kill these camps and you'll have level 6, boots, and possibly your Helm of the Black Legion.

The trick with jungling heroes is balancing farming and ganking. A good balance will maximize your farm.
    Here's a slightly better strategy. At 0:52, pull the yellow easy camp. (depending whether or not you're hellbourne or legion will determine whether you can stack multiple camps). That'll take you to level two. Look for skeleton camps, then double pull the two camps the farthest away from your base, (possibly with both legion and hellbourne). You'll have two stacked camps. I like to go kill skeles if you have any, then stack the third camp, (save it for say, level 5-6 or so, taunt and the other skill's going to be a must to kill this). From then, there's no particular order. Try to doublestack that camp when you can, pull when your lanemate needs it, gank at level 6, for sure. After that, stack as much as you can and farm wisely.

One question - if a 1800+ psr 2.5 kd guy choose beginner or intermediate in matchmaking just to have fun pwning noobs is it a case to be reported for a warning/ban?

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_SCOUT View Post
    One question - if a 1800+ psr 2.5 kd guy choose beginner or intermediate in matchmaking just to have fun pwning noobs is it a case to be reported for a warning/ban?
    No. The system will bring him back to a high matchmaking ranking, and he'll be unable to stomp without making a new account.

Too bad it will tak ages, but thanks for quick answer.

So many times I will have shop interface opened and see a gank coming so I try to use a skill but accidentally buy an item and it goes in my stash.

Is there a way to sell out of stash when you aren't at fountain?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Is there a way to sell out of stash when you aren't at fountain?
    Ctrl + Shift + Alt + Right Click