Thread: Binge drinking and other deviations.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Icon

Binge drinking and other deviations.

Been drinking entirely too much lately, and just thought OT would like to know how I've been. Plus, I miss some of you kids and wanna know how you are. :3

As for me, the last two-ish months have been a bit of a roller coaster. My boyfriend of nearly 7 years randomly broke it off with me right before we went home for summer break, admitting he'd been cheating on me for a good 6ish months. This left me with a bitter taste in my mouth before I set off to take my vacation. After sitting around moping for a good week, (and an STD test.) I got off of my ass and went about things as I normally would have. Ended up spending entirely too much time in a local game lounge playing Smash and L4D, and hanging out with the local guys who hung out there a lot.

After about a week of hanging out with the guys every night, getting blackout drunk and waking up to do it again, this girl started coming to the lounge. Got to talking to her after playing a really embarrassing game of Guilty Gear, and eventually talked her into hanging out with us downtown, where we proceeded to go to a bar that has karaoke (Murphy's if anyone from Orlando area knows what I'm talking about.) and drink beyond repair. One thing led to another, and the last thing I remember is passing out with most of my clothes off in the back of her car.

Come to find out, she actually goes to UF as well, although she's a much more boring major (Statistics, ew.) than I am, but we get along too well to NOT be together. We're living together in the dorms now, at least for the semester. After that, if things are still going well, it's off apartment hunting. Dorm living is nice and all, but I want my own kitchen again.

How have you kiddies been? Post your name pre-retail if you changed it, it's hard to tell who the **** half of you are anymore.

Account Icon
    I thought I saw a post by you yesterday. Hm...

lol@smashed karaoke though. Must have been a good time.

Officially retired from HoN!

Account Icon
    Must be why Dennis Hopper died!

I was narfle before retail.
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...3&postcount=12
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Account Icon
    I was posting...seldom. But yeah, here and there.

Murphy's is awesome. Apparently there's a video on someone's camera of the entire bar doing Bohemian Rhapsody at last call, but nobody has sent me the link yet. :\

Account Icon
    Either Japan or England, depending on the time of year.
    Mama shouldn't drink so much, it sets a bad example

Account Icon
    Hi, my name is h4x. I recently had a huge change of heart and will be studying government from computer engineering. I want to be a lawyer, probably. Or a professor.

I have the slightest feeling I'm not of those riffraff aforementioned "some of you kids," however.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfle View Post
    Must be why Dennis Hopper died!

I was narfle before retail.
    Why is your name Narfle anyway?

Officially retired from HoN!

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by h4x View Post
    Hi, my name is h4x. I recently had a huge change of heart and will be studying government from computer engineering. I want to be a lawyer, probably. Or a professor.

I have the slightest feeling I'm not of those riffraff aforementioned "some of you kids," however.
    Oh goodness. Another poor fool like myself deciding to stop learning a useful skill where he will be able to get a decent job and instead going to extra years of cruel and brutal graduate study into fields where the job market sucks and the compensation is terrible for those who do.

Welcome aboard!

I'm on track for the latter myself, but I'd do meticulous research about studying law before you go that route. I did, and continued doing so, and it was only after I'd actually applied to schools that I was finally dissuaded.

Account Icon
    Believe me, I'm giving up ECE because I hate it, not because I think law will be a better career decision. Incidentally, I'm more interested in political theory, not necessarily becoming a trial attorney. Consequently, I'll be looking into either international law or a job as a professor. It's my love for civics that makes me want to do law to begin with. I got your PM and I'm reading through that thread all the same.

If I can't make a 165+ on my LSAT then I'll figure that at that point I've made a terrible mistake. I'm truly shooting for a top tier school, though.

edit: also I see that one of the advices in part 2 suggests that you should go if you've always wanted to practice law. This makes no sense to me. How can a teenager know, unless he has people around him who have gone through the process, what law school even entails?
    Last edited by h4x; 05-31-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Account Icon
    sup. im gunna be pres now, hows it feel to be the first lady?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well. My life is pretty boring. I met a couple new people in my building.
    1 is this awesome Swedish chick . But she has a bf so BL for me.

She said if me and my other (guy) friend kissed she would kiss us.
    They were drunk (I wasn't). She's Hot. I thought meh why not. Not doing that again.
    I'm not gay.

Holidays are over, back to uni (Animation).
    Been making a map in sc2 (Y) I'm cool like that.
    I don't drink so no drunken stories to share.

I waaas going to take another pic for the hon picture thread cause I was bored.
    Then I noticed I have my wolf shirt of again and thought it might be weird seems like every pic I have had this shirt on.

The end.
    Aren't I an exciting person.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That 10% more exciting than my life. :P

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by h4x View Post
    Believe me, I'm giving up ECE because I hate it, not because I think law will be a better career decision. Incidentally, I'm more interested in political theory, not necessarily becoming a trial attorney. Consequently, I'll be looking into either international law or a job as a professor. It's my love for civics that makes me want to do law to begin with. I got your PM and I'm reading through that thread all the same.

If I can't make a 165+ on my LSAT then I'll figure that at that point I've made a terrible mistake. I'm truly shooting for a top tier school, though.

edit: also I see that one of the advices in part 2 suggests that you should go if you've always wanted to practice law. This makes no sense to me. How can a teenager know, unless he has people around him who have gone through the process, what law school even entails?
    Some people totally know exactly what they wanna be at like age 10. It's rare but happens. One of the most dedicated med students I know has wanted to be a doctor since she was like 6.

The LSAT isn't all the hard though, in all honesty. If you're good at logic you'll do well. I thought the LSAT was a tad easier than the vebal section of the GRE, (Though I actually scored in a higher percentile on the GRE) but that's just me.

Account Icon
    That thread is rather interesting. But it doesn't dissuade me. I feel a certain love for the law, civics, and politics. What that thread is doing, however, is making me feel more like I should be leaning toward the side of my mind that wants to become a professor.

Account Icon
    Well, if it doesn't dissuade you then that place is a wealth if information and tips. I decided long before stumbling there to skip out on law school, but reading through it made me feel really vindicated!

I could dig up another thing for normal grad school, filled with equally (if not more) bitter people. But that's mainly because academia is so ****ed up at the moment more than anything else. Part of me really wants to pursue my PhD and become a professor, and part of me wants to stop nab the decent jobs that can be lined up with my soon-to-be MA doing work I'd still sorta enjoy.

Account Icon
    Read the book "Surviving Your STUPID STUPID Decision to go to Grad School" by Adam Ruben. lols will ensue. I won't want to spoil the book, but here's an excerpt from pages 10-11:

Still not sure if you should go to grad school? Look for the top ten signs you belong in an institution (pause) of higher learning:

10. You have friends who got high-paying jobs doing something easy right out of college...and for some reason, you don't envy them.

9. You could talk for hours about the awesome features in the new versions of EndNote or RefWorks.

8. No one depends on you financially.

7. In college, your favorite classes were the most fascinating ones, not the easiest ones. And you did all the "optional" reading-and loved it.

6. You find yourself describing academic texts using the same terms other people use to describe extreme sports ("That gnarly textbook chapter by Hoffman et al. is such an adrenaline rush that it rocks the ****ing universe!")

5. You think the job market will improve in a generation or so, right when you'll be ready to join it.

[[Grad student tip]]
    Genetically, if you marry another grad student, your children will also be grad students. It's true. You can draw the Punnett square.

4. You feel a deep love for a particular citation style and genuine contempt for all other citation styles.

3. It's been too long since you had a good bout of nervous diarrhea.

2. To you, "Semiformal" attire means wearing a T-shirt that wasn't free.

And the number one sign you should go to grad school:

1. Despite all you've just learned, you still freaking want to. That's the only sign you'll heed, anyway.
    It wasn't the funniest part of the book, but I think it'll give you insight into the book's style and message.

P.S. Sorry, Marylinn, that MK and I are hijacking your thread.

Account Icon
    It's not really a hijack, college discussion is legit, son.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    riveting tale chap

7 year breakup ouch X.X

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowz View Post
    7 year breakup ouch X.X
    And to add insult to injury, the only reason I go to UF is because it's the only place he could afford to go. I got into Johns Hopkins, on a semi-ride (75% of what government aid wouldn't cover in tuition was paid by the school.) but I ended up here instead 'cause I thought we'd be getting married.

Life is fuсking peculiar.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My gf tells me every morning I am wasting my life on this Forums.
    Feels good

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast