Thread: Chrono Sav Mace vs Wingbow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chrono Sav Mace vs Wingbow

I am just now getting around to trying out chronos :chro: and have been checking out peoples builds, what I see in game and read on strats and everyone says the same starting items, att speed boots :Steamboots:, EP :ElderParasite:, but after that is where the debate comes in. Most say Savage Mace but I have seen people WTFBBQSAUCEPWN all with Wingbow as well.

Savage Mace :SavageMace:, with the 80 damage, 15 att speed and the chance to do 100 bonus damage, which I like more and for the build on him, I think it works better with his set up.

Wingbow :Wingbow:, 30 damage, 30 att speed, 30 agil, and 30 evasion. I can see where people would want this as well more att speed, the damage is good with the +30 and 30 agil adding to it.

I am just more incline to go with Savage mace. The biggest output of your damage is when they are in your ult, EP is hit and you are freely smacking on anything that isnt moving so you dont need the evasion, you have a built in one, plus the bonus 100 damage can stack up faster and higher than the damage from agil.

Can you please post your comments on which is better and after boots, EP, your choice in item what do you go with next? I am thinking if the game goes on and you have time of getting Shield Breaker, 60 Damage and lower armor lets me keep going after ult and the squishies are down and its time to take down the Str.

+100 ****ing hurts 25 minutes in the game

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    no need for wingbow if u have rewind
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    tits or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by pk_thunder View Post
    he is totally right:chro:

I think both of them are good, and that it depends on the enemy lineup. Stacking Rewind and Wingbow is really good against 2 carries, while the Savage Mace is somewhat stronger for straight damage.

Get both!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr`Delicious View Post
    I think both of them are good, and that it depends on the enemy lineup. Stacking Rewind and Wingbow is really good against 2 carries, while the Savage Mace is somewhat stronger for straight damage.

Get both!
    well ofc

but shieldbreaker -> savage mace is deadly

getting EP on chronos is nubbish
    tits or gtfo

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Always build some damage before you finish EP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCDragon View Post
    i would like to put a pole up so people can vote between tank, support and dps.
    _██_
    (ಠ_ృ)

Account Icon
    well when ever I paly chronos I agree with the statement
    +100 ****ing hurts 25 minutes in the game
    but whenever I play him the statement above applies ans well as the statement
    Wow he has rewind AND wingbow 25 mins in gg just concede now(not to mention his savage and boots to)
    anyways when situation like this occur vs:chro:, were both heroes have an evasion like skill I find that wingbow helps a lot when it comes down to it.
    but personally I like going nomes wisdom and then rushing my ult stick.

^^^^^SARCASM^^^or is it?^^^^^^
    but sometimes I like to mix the style up and do something like...
    :Steamboots:>:ElderParasite:>:ChargedHammer:>:Rift shards:

But chronos is very versatile and can e built in a million different ways.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    anyways when situation like this occur vs:chro:, were both heroes have an evasion like skill I find that wingbow helps a lot when it comes down to it.
    but personally I like going nomes wisdom and then rushing my ult stick.

^^^^^SARCASM^^^or is it?^^^^^^
    but sometimes I like to mix the style up and do something like...
    :Steamboots:>:ElderParasite:>:ChargedHammer:>:Rift shards:
    ok, if chronos has a savage mace then he'll be always hitting swift, so HAHAHAHA

ur build sucks, EP is always bad unless if u already have a savage mace or something. and where is ur runed axe? wtf

I still prefer:
    runed axe -> steamboots -> sheildbreaker (does more dmg than EP) -> savage mace/rift shards -> rift shards/wingbow
    tits or gtfo

Except rewind stacks with evasion from snake bracelet, so you can evade the damage and still heal what you evaded.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Wingbow made Void Chronos GODLIKE!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by B1oX View Post
    Except rewind stacks with evasion from snake bracelet, so you can evade the damage and still heal what you evaded.
    yeah but ur not gonna get hit during chronofield, and the rewind will be nuff for finishing them off

or are u just that bad and don't ult?
    tits or gtfo

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B1oX View Post
    The first part is true, second part is not.

Rewind triggers <ondamaged>:

Code:
    <ability
        name="Ability_Chronos2"

icon="icon.tga"

maxlevel="4"
        requiredlevel="1,3,5,7"

actiontype="passive"
    >
        <onframe>
            <condition test="accumulator gt 0">
                <setvar0 a="frametime" b="source_maxhealth" op="mult" />
                <heal target="source_entity" a="var0" b="0.25" op="mult" />
                <setvar1 a="accumulator" b="result" op="sub" />
                <setaccumulator value="var1" />
            </condition>
        </onframe>

<ondamaged>
            <chance threshold="0.10,0.15,0.20,0.25">
                <setvar2 a="source_damage" b="accumulator" op="add" /> 
                <setaccumulator value="var2" />
            </chance>
        </ondamaged>
    </ability>

If evasion triggers, <ondamaged> does not trigger.

Proven by Malle and Ikkyo here: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=31541

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Get both, but savage mace first.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigsmurf View Post
    So what I am hearing is :RunedAxe: :Steamboots: :SavageMace: :Shieldbreaker: :Wingbow:

Don't go EP, rush your runeaxe, with :Sustainer: first than the damage, followed by boots, then get savage hopefull if all done right should be around the 25 minute mark, hopefully sooner depending on an early gank. Then get shieldbreaker, does more damage then EP, and if the game drags on get wingbow and if I want a 6th slot riftshard to get 800+ damage crits.
    wingbow is more situational

imho I'd go for huge dmg items cus u can just instagib most ppl in chronosphere
    tits or gtfo

So what I am hearing is :RunedAxe: :Steamboots: :SavageMace: :Shieldbreaker: :Wingbow:

Don't go EP, rush your runeaxe, with :Sustainer: first than the damage, followed by boots, then get savage hopefull if all done right should be around the 25 minute mark, hopefully sooner depending on an early gank. Then get shieldbreaker, does more damage then EP, and if the game drags on get wingbow and if I want a 6th slot riftshard to get 800+ damage crits.

savage mace doesn't scale as well as other items, should the game go into overtime. though you should only really be getting it to counter the other team's evasion (ie enemy with a wingbow). riftshards scale much better than savage mace, if you're just looking for burst go with crit.

wingbow on the other hand scales miraculously throughout the game, the evasion will prevent tons of damage regardless, adding another measure of security and survivability.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    yeah but ur not gonna get hit during chronofield, and the rewind will be nuff for finishing them off

or are u just that bad and don't ult?
    Yes you're so right because chronofield is the only time he'll ever be fighting and in contact with other heroes! Hell he doesn't even technically exist in the game unless he uses chronofield, this incredible ultimate that suddenly makes cronos enter the game.

bwuh? O.o Maybe you just have 3-4 resto stones.

Yes I can see you are trolling.

No one mentions Alchemist Bones? Honestly RA is good but if I am truly free farming a lane I will rush Alch Bones. 300g just off a Vagabond. Gives great attack speed (which I find is nice replacement for EP early on).

I'm a jungle freak though and that is where Alchemist Bones shines. There is no denying the power of that early Sustainer in a lane but I like clearing the jungle as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbeproud View Post
    No one mentions Alchemist Bones? Honestly RA is good but if I am truly free farming a lane I will rush Alch Bones. 300g just off a Vagabond. Gives great attack speed (which I find is nice replacement for EP early on).

I'm a jungle freak though and that is where Alchemist Bones shines. There is no denying the power of that early Sustainer in a lane but I like clearing the jungle as fast as possible.
    Alchemist Bones are in almost all cases, completely useless. the bonuses you get from it can be bought for a lot cheaper, while costing so much, it effectively delays your teamfight potential - basically making you have to farm that much more to compensate.