Before posting, note that the bug report forums are NOT for:
- Tech Support Related Queries
Please visit the Tech Support Wiki and try to search up your problem there first. If you are still having issues, please email email@example.com with a concise and accurate subject line along with a detailed report. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/support/ and choose the Technical Support category to file a Tech Support ticket.
Tech Support related queries include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Patch/Update/Installation Issues
- Unreproducible Crashes 100% of the Time
- Local Issues - issues that are not experienced by the majority of HoN players.
- Server Lag/Disconnect Issues - if reporting a faulty server, please include the server name, time of incidence and Match ID.
- Customer Support Related Queries
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise and accurate subject line along with a detailed report. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/support and choose the appropriate category to file a Customer Support ticket.
Customer Support related queries include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leave or Stat Inquiries
- Coins/In-Game Microtransaction Shop/Real-Money Inquiries
- Custom Account Icons
- Other Commonly Misplaced Queries
- Stats not Recorded - Post in this thread: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...r-in-Recording
- Suggestions/Complaints/Balance Issues - Post those in the Suggestions forum or the appropriate subforum.
- Being unable to select an Alternate Avatar - This is impossible. Go see http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=194488
- Reporting Players for Bannable Offenses - Go to the RAP Feedback forums and read their stickies. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...play.php?f=148
- Website-related Bugs: Please use the Website Feedback forums.
Bug Report Standard Posting Procedure:
- Please browse the Known Issues thread, the Indeterminate bugs and the Client-side User Hotfixes thread for known bugs for the current version of the game to avoid duplicate entries.
- Doing a quick Search with key terms would also help immensely & is strongly recommended to avoid wasting everyone's time.
- Check the General Discussion forum stickies for any real-time updates that S2 is aware of before posting it here; it will avoid clutter here.
- Use the proper [Prefix] tag when posting. (For tooltip errors, use [Typo])
- Only ONE bug per thread/report. No lists.
- Go to Options -> Troubleshooting -> Repair Install and see if the bug still occurs.
- REMOVE ALL MODIFICATIONS and test to see if the bug still occurs.
- If you have mods installed (most people do), see this thread before posting in Bug Reports: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=152925
- FOLLOW THE Tech Support Wiki and test to see if the bug still occurs.
- Please provide the following information for a bug:
Brief Description: A brief description of the bug - maybe a sentence or two.
How to Replicate: Detailed instructions on how to replicate the bug. If it's not easily replicated, poster should describe how they came across the bug the first time.
Match ID& In-Game Timestamps: Post the match ID, in-game timestamp(s) and/or crash logs for which the bug occured if applicable.
- This forum is for explicit Bugs only. It is not a complaint or suggestions forum.
- Bug reports are subject to rejection if the original reporter does not answer a question by a moderator within a reasonable time frame.
- Bug reports are subject to rejection without notice if they do not meet this criteria closely enough.
- Note: All bug reports are tested before being confirmed. It is best if you provide very detailed instructions on how to replicate a particular bug if applicable.
- We recommend that you do NOT bump your reports. Moderators are trained to work from the oldest (last page) reports to newest.
- Do not repost your thread unless you have a valid issue (new evidence, a long time bug not being fixed when it was moved to the Fixed subforum, etc.) - PM a Bug Reports moderator forums instead.
- Do not post rage threads if your thread got rejected; take it up in a polite manner via PM with a Bug Reports moderator. If you do break this rule, infractions may be issued to the offender.
- Global Forum Rules apply to this forum as well: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=319192
- Lingering threads in the main section (~5+ days of inactivity) that do not get enough information to warrant a move to Confirmed/Fixed/Indeterminate will be rejected.
- Chat Parser: http://mazungu.ftp.sh/honcp.py?match_id=12345678
- Maide's Stats Website: http://stats.maide.ca/players/
- Replay Event Log: (insert Match ID # after the / sign) http://hondiff.appspot.com/gamelog/
- Replay Download Link: (insert Match ID # after the = sign) http://replaydl.heroesofnewerth.com/...ile=&match_id=
- Posting a console.log file: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi...console.log.3F
- Posting a crash dump: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi..._crash_dump.3F
- Crash Dump/Console.Log Upload Link: http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php (It is 100% safe to enter your username/password info here, it's part of the official HoN website)
You must read the following threads:
Known Issues - Confirmed bugs (organized): http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...gs-(organized)
Client-side User Hotfixes: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Version-2-6-12
Crashes & Patch Issues: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...p-Patch-Issues
"Unable to Select Hero Alternate Avatar/Skin/Courier" - NO SUCH THING: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-NO-SUCH-THING
Indeterminate Forums - Purpose: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Forums-Purpose
About the "Fixed" Subforum - What "Fixed" Actually Means: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ctually-Means!
Matchmaking/Store High-Priority Issues - Central Link Thread: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...al-Link-Thread
FINAL NOTE: All Bug Reports are subject to rejection at the discretion of moderators, no matter what the condition may be.
Last edited by ElementUser; 05-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.
S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
Tech Support and Customer Support: https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/support/
Look for my highlighted text (important information) and grey text (interesting but not required information).