Before posting, note that the bug report forums are NOT for:
- Tech Support Related Queries
Please visit the Tech Support Wiki and try to search up your problem there first. If you are still having issues, please email email@example.com with a concise and accurate subject line along with a detailed report. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/support/ and choose the Technical Support category to file a Tech Support ticket.
In addition, please provide the relevant details in this thread if you experience crashes & have crash dumps: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ve-crash-dumps
Tech Support related queries include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Patch/Update/Installation Issues
- Unreproducible Crashes 100% of the Time
- Local Issues - issues that are not experienced by the majority of HoN players.
- Server Lag/Disconnect Issues - if reporting a faulty server, please include the server name, time of incidence and Match ID.
- Customer Support Related Queries
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise and accurate subject line along with a detailed report. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/support and choose the appropriate category to file a Customer Support ticket.
Customer Support related queries include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leave or Stat Inquiries
- Coins/In-Game Microtransaction Shop/Real-Money Inquiries
- Custom Account Icons
- Other Commonly Misplaced Queries
- Stats not Recorded - Post in this thread: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...r-in-Recording
- Suggestions/Complaints/Balance Issues - Post those in the Suggestions forum or the appropriate subforum.
- Being unable to select an Alternate Avatar - This is impossible. Go see http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=194488
- Reporting players & any ban-related inquiries - Go to the RAP Feedback forums and read their stickies. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...play.php?f=148
- Website-related Bugs: Please use the Website Feedback forums.
Bug Report Standard Posting Procedure:
- Please browse the Known Issues thread, the Indeterminate bugs and the Client-side User Hotfixes thread for known bugs for the current version of the game to avoid duplicate entries.
- Doing a quick Search with key terms would also help immensely & is strongly recommended to avoid wasting everyone's time.
- Check the General Discussion forum stickies for any real-time updates that S2 is aware of before posting it here; it will avoid clutter here.
- Use the proper [Prefix] tag when posting. (For tooltip errors, use [Typo])
- Only ONE bug per thread/report. No lists.
- Go to Options -> Troubleshooting -> Repair Install and see if the bug still occurs.
- REMOVE ALL MODIFICATIONS and test to see if the bug still occurs.
- If you have mods installed (most people do), see this thread before posting in Bug Reports: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=152925
- FOLLOW THE Tech Support Wiki and test to see if the bug still occurs.
- Please provide the following information for a bug:
Brief Description: A brief description of the bug - maybe a sentence or two.
How to Replicate: Detailed instructions on how to replicate the bug. If it's not easily replicated, poster should describe how they came across the bug the first time.
Match ID, In-Game Timestamps and/or Screenshots: Post the match ID, in-game timestamp(s) and/or crash logs for which the bug occured if applicable. Match ID's can be retrieved in My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\recentlyplayed.xml if they cannot be found in your match history. Please provide screenshots when they will greatly help illustrate the problem.
- This forum is for explicit Bugs only. It is not a complaint or suggestions forum.
- Bug reports are subject to rejection if the original reporter does not answer a question by a moderator within a reasonable time frame.
- Bug reports are subject to rejection without notice if they do not meet this criteria closely enough.
- Note: All bug reports are tested before being confirmed. It is best if you provide very detailed instructions on how to replicate a particular bug if applicable.
- We recommend that you do NOT bump your reports. Moderators are trained to work from the oldest (last page) reports to newest.
- Do not repost your thread unless you have a valid issue (new evidence, a long time bug not being fixed when it was moved to the Fixed subforum, etc.) - PM a Bug Reports moderator forums instead.
- Do not post rage threads if your thread got rejected; take it up in a polite manner via PM with a Bug Reports moderator. If you do break this rule, infractions may be issued to the offender.
- Global Forum Rules apply to this forum as well: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=319192
- Lingering threads in the main section (~5+ days of inactivity) that do not get enough information to warrant a move to Confirmed/Fixed/Indeterminate will be rejected.
- Please use http://imgur.com/ as the image hosting site if possible. Other image hosting sites (Dropbox, puu.sh) are fine as long as copy-pasting the URL directly links to a high-resolution version of the image. Do not use tinypic or imageshack as there is a bunch of clutter most of the time!
- All Rift Wars related bugs should be posted here.
- Chat Parser: http://mazungu.ftp.sh/honcp.py?match_id=12345678
- Maide's Stats Website: http://stats.maide.ca/players/
- Replay Event Log: (insert Match ID # after the / sign) http://hondiff.appspot.com/gamelog/
- Replay Download Link: (insert Match ID # after the = sign) http://replaydl.heroesofnewerth.com/...ile=&match_id=
- Posting a console.log file: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi...console.log.3F
- Posting a crash dump: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi..._crash_dump.3F
- Crash Dump/Console.Log Upload Link: http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php (It is 100% safe to enter your username/password info here, it's part of the official HoN website)
You must read the following threads:
Known Issues - Confirmed bugs (organized): http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...gs-(organized)
Client-side User Hotfixes: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Version-2-6-12
Crashes & Patch Issues: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...p-Patch-Issues
"Unable to Select Hero Alternate Avatar/Skin/Courier" - NO SUCH THING: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-NO-SUCH-THING
Indeterminate Forums - Purpose: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Forums-Purpose
About the "Fixed" Subforum - What "Fixed" Actually Means: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ctually-Means!
FINAL NOTE: All Bug Reports are subject to rejection at the discretion of moderators, no matter what the condition may be.
Supplementary information (for those who are curious):
Updated image hosting site information.
In short: do not use tinypic or imageshack.Please use http://imgur.com/ as the image hosting site if possible. Other image hosting sites (Dropbox, puu.sh) are fine as long as copy-pasting the URL directly links to a high-resolution version of the image. Do not use tinypic or imageshack as there is a bunch of clutter most of the time!
New prefix tags added:
[Sound] - self-explanatory
[Item] - this is meant for in-game items, not the items you get in the HoN store
[Web] - this is more for my personal use at this time, but you can try and report Website bugs through this. There's a big chance I'll reject or redirect you to Website Feedback though.
More new prefix tags:
[Visual Graphics] - this replaces the old Effects, Animations, Graphics and Art tag since they all basically meant the same thing