Thread: The rejoin-to-game-after-disconnect doesn't always work, why?

The rejoin-to-game-after-disconnect doesn't always work, why?

As a dota veteran, the best innovation I find with HoN is the ability to rejoin to a game after disconnecting. However, today I had a game where I was unable to do so. Some guy once told me that relogging (or multiple relogging) might solve the problem, but, alas, not this time. Just, simply, 'no response from server' and nothing afterwards.

Did anyone else experience this problem? I'm more or less raging since I dominated a tough opponent team and was happy to rake up some PSR points, but now instead, I get a disconnect (1st one), a loss (5th one) and a bad humour...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    CTRL + F8 and type in reconnect next time I believe.

If that doesn't work, you might want to check the stability of your internet
    Support players, UNITE!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If you get the error saying something like:

Reconnect bla bla bla.
    20241251 seconds left
    >[Reconnect]<

And after pushing the button you get and error saying something like:
    Error disconnect_client_mismatch_number.

I cant really remember how the error is but you should get the point. Anyway I do not know what really happens but you can fix is by either logging out and on again, or by restarting HoN. That works for me.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...29#post1646829

Q/A: What is S2 working on, I think we would all like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder View Post
    Right now I am working on the next patch!
    When that's over, I will be working on the next patch!

I've had this happen in games where the game server itself crashes, and when you log out and back in, there is no prompt to rejoin the game. At this point you have to allow the game server to restart and I believe if you are online when it restarts, you won't be prompted to rejoin. Logging out and back in AFTER the server has restarted should prompt you to rejoin.

So basicly if I get d/c'd from a game, I sit and spam log in/out until I get the prompt with an ACCURATE time window to rejoin. If it says something like 0987966084 time remaining to join, it has not completely restarted. It should list something along the lines of 300 or less seconds.

If you're getting prompted to rejoin and it says you're unable, I have no answer sorry

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So basicly if I get d/c'd from a game, I sit and spam log in/out until I get the prompt with an ACCURATE time window to rejoin. If it says something like 0987966084 time remaining to join, it has not completely restarted. It should list something along the lines of 300 or less seconds.

That is what I was talking about. Do this or restart the game which in theory of what you're stating, should really matter. But it does work for me sometimes so iam happy with it

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...29#post1646829

Q/A: What is S2 working on, I think we would all like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder View Post
    Right now I am working on the next patch!
    When that's over, I will be working on the next patch!

Account Icon
    disable you local area then enable it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiJesus View Post
    This happens because the server has not yet recognised you as disconnected. You need to wait until the server has let you time out (basically given your teammates control of you).

Quote Originally Posted by Foo_Fighter View Post
    Girlfriends are even more annoying than waiting for patches.

Account Icon
    happens to me sometimes too