Thread: A Free Stat Reset--Once Every 3 Months

View Poll Results: Should peach account be given one free stat reset every 3 months?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 58.25%
  • No

    43 41.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1

    A Free Stat Reset--Once Every 3 Months

    Right now the whole "pay $20" for a stat reset is...well it's expensive and prohibitive. I realize, of course, that it's meant to be prohibitive to keep players honest and to maintain realistic rankings. However, if you have a couple bad days and get stuck in the low 1500s or *gasp* the 1400s, it can be tough to get out.

    The argument that "cream will rise to the top" is valid. But if you're the type who plays support and you find yourself randomly winning 50-50 because you're stuck playing at such a low level that it's effectively a crapshoot...it's frustrating.

    I am not advocating that stat resets be available all the time. Or that they should be cheap. I just think that players should be able to reset their stats for free, if they have not done so in the last, say 3 months. Players still can't effectively abuse the system by trashing their accounts, but it allows for a less expensive, more friendly way to get a second chance.

    (And for new players, it allows them to eventually erase the traces of their beginning games and attain a more reasonable kdr and win%.)

    I know S2 is probably not happy to give up even a part of a money-maker like this, but I really think it would be a healthy addition to the game. And how much money would it really cost? An alternative would be giving a set number of free stat resets whenever an account is created, and then charging for anything past that.

  2. #2
    no sorry, this is too easy to abuse.

    the best way to get to 1600+ where you will most likely stay for a while is to get with a bunch of friends. type

    /j clan gamereplays

    in the chat menu. there are lots of friendly people there who like to play games. you never know, you might find some nice friends.

  3. #3
    No, this doesnt solve your supposed problem (though anyone who is 1650+ can easily stomp a 1500 game).

  4. #4
    Bump, would love to hear some more input. In response to the first poster, I don't see how something is "so abuseable" if it can only be done every 90 days. People would have to be extremely patient schemers to trash an account and wait 3 months on it.

    In response to the 2nd poster: maybe and no. There's no explanation of your first assertion, and to the 2nd, let me remind you that the 1500 and 1400s are filled with leavers and feeders, and you can often end up with the game literally being a crapshoot of whose team has more leavers. It's tough to gain psr and get out of those un-fun games because you have just as much chance of winning a game as losing, because almost EVERY 1550- game has a leaver.

  5. #5
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    511
    Heres why this isn't at all valid.
    HoN is 30 dollars. This is a cheap price for the game we now own. We have the expectation that HoN servers will always be running and never go down. S2 has set aside money and will use it for server upkeep. What happens when that 30 dollar savings they've accumulated runs out? That's why stats resets are even there in the first place. If HoN was pay to play stats reset every three months would probably be more valid.

  6. #6
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Winland
    Posts
    530
    Atleast every 6 months, 1 year would sound more reasonable.
    Unofficial HoN 500 Slot Public Teamspeak 3 Server
    Server Address: ts.thecakeisapie.com
    Port: 9988
    No Password
    do it.

  7. #7
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine, United States
    Posts
    1,113
    It's *supposed* to be expensive and prohibitive, so that people don't keep resetting their stats to smurf newbies.

  8. #8
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On my chair
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by jodokast34 View Post
    almost EVERY 1600- game has a leaver, feeder, noob who sucks but in reality it's you if you couldn't carry him
    Fixt*
    Quote Originally Posted by NubbyMcNub View Post
    HoN's cliff has no footholds and has people at the top insulting your mum.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaR` View Post
    Im only 1500 cuz i only play with noobteams who feed
    If id have proper teammates id easily be 2000-2100

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnograhpy View Post
    Fixt*
    Says the 1496 with a 0.6 kdr. But I digress.

    Thanks for the comments, everybody. I think the one about the financial feasibility for S2 is probably the most valid counterargument. I am not S2's CFO so I can't exactly speak to that concern, but it seems to be the thing that this argument hinges upon.

  10. #10
    I just don't see this happening when they've already put a price on the resets.
    But maybe give a free reset annually so the people who have improved from 1200 PSR or something get a chance again and don't lose interest in HoN?
    Legacy> so its good to pop fish oil pills like vitamins?
    mr. penguin> yeah, i used to take 20-30 a day

  11. #11
    No, for the same reasons stated. 3 months would be too easy to abuse. Give S2 more money thanks. I want more happy programmers fixing stuff. Happy programmers need money.

  12. #12
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    35
    " no sorry, this is too easy to abuse. "

    Just like it's too easy for groups of friends like you to abuse other people who are forced to play random games with idiots costantly and have shiit PSR because of it....

    I will never buy this biased POS game unless there is a free stats reset. Period.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadOrphans View Post
    " no sorry, this is too easy to abuse. "

    Just like it's too easy for groups of friends like you to abuse other people who are forced to play random games with idiots costantly and have shiit PSR because of it....

    I will never buy this biased POS game unless there is a free stats reset. Period.
    You can easily host your own games play ab games or leave games that are not ab'd or have more than 2 locks. You have nothing but youre own ignorance to blame for getting stomped.

    You want people to care about their accounts and not just rage quit knowing they get a free reset soon. Maybe a cheaper reset the longer the account is active or for accounts in good standing (low leave%).

  14. #14
    nice 97% em ^^

  15. #15
    retarded **** is retarded.... there should be 0 stats resets period.... free resets once every 3 months is just retarded as ****... and your argument is just bad... once you reset you have 1500 psr... so you play with noobs either way... if you're trash you'll have 1500 weather you reset or not...

  16. #16
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    376
    why'd you even make this thread defending 1500 support players when your 1600 and your favorite hero is scout?

    oh and doesn't a stat resent make you 1500 psr?
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the EM players, the EM players will spank us.

  17. #17
    .....So everyone above 1600 will stay as they are, and everyone under will reset? PSR will inflate like crazy, the average would be like 1700

    Plus people who are good but don't care about PSR will pubstomp noob games and ruin it for everyone. At least now when they do it you can laugh at them for paying.

  18. #18
    when i think about, free stat reset every 3 months is too ... abusable xd
    would be better if you had 3 stat resets you could spend every year, and once they are spent you Cant get anymore if you dont pay for it.

  19. #19
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lima, Perú, your dreams.
    Posts
    166
    *Bump* Yeah, at least one stat reset for leaver % very 6 months. MM is not available for any person who has a high leaver, in Christmas stats reset was more expensive than a freaking account.
    You talkin' to me?

  20. #20
    stat reset 200 coins yes plz
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Thrill View Post
    I get paid salary to cast HoN, and its way more than any "pro" player is currently making
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I estimate I have an IQ between 120 and 130, but I've never taken a professionally administrated test. Nor do I intend to
    http://i53.tinypic.com/10f484y.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •