Thread: Make a frickin ipad app

Exclamation Make a frickin ipad app

I think if you made something stable and playable with the hon-dota mechanics - it would quickly become a best seller and a shining beacon of true ipad gameplay.

touch movement with 4 big buttons on the bottom left or something

pinch and squeeze zoom, flick camera movements

omg drool
    Last edited by All_Pro; 05-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.

I'd rather use a mouse/keyboard and a real graphics processor.

Quote Originally Posted by AsiaPingPong View Post
    I'd rather use a mouse/keyboard and a real graphics processor.
    as of 28 days after release 1 million people disagreed with you

but yea you cant do that sitting in an airplane seat, while on the bus, on a train, in bed, you name it

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Pro View Post
    as of 28 days after release 1 million people disagreed with you

but yea you cant do that sitting in an airplane seat, while on the bus, on a train, in bed, you name it
    And a grand total of zero of the 1 million people you mention bought it to play competitive games on.

Gameplay would be terrible using a touch screen, not to mention the poor graphics.

PS: add a poll so i can vote no

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    And a grand total of zero of the 1 million people you mention bought it to play competitive games on.

Gameplay would be terrible using a touch screen, not to mention the poor graphics.

PS: add a poll so i can vote no
    well i didnt add a poll to start off and i cant find the option. i even tried to delete the post and i cant do that either

BUT

obviously you dont own and havent bothered to look at the ipad or any of its specs, the touch screen is very percise and can register 10 moving points at a time

and yea the "And a grand total of zero of the 1 million people you mention bought it to play competitive games on." part is TOTAL bs

theres fps, racing games, puzzle games, mmo games, a game thats pretty much a mini WoW and plenty of other online, competitive games.

so in short your quick disregard for the idea makes it pretty obvious you wanna gobble steve jobs and have his sexy ipad babies

well i didnt add a poll to start off and i cant find the option. i even tried to delete the post and i cant do that either

BUT

obviously you dont own and havent bothered to look at the ipad or any of its specs, the touch screen is very percise and can register 10 moving points at a time

and yea the "And a grand total of zero of the 1 million people you mention bought it to play competitive games on." part is TOTAL bs

theres fps, racing games, puzzle games, mmo games, a game thats pretty much a mini WoW and plenty of other online, competitive games.

so in short your quick disregard for the idea makes it pretty obvious you wanna gobble steve jobs and have his sexy ipad babies
    We apparently have very different definitions of 'competitive games'.

Quote Originally Posted by Porpoise_God View Post
    We apparently have very different definitions of 'competitive games'.
    "but yea you cant do that sitting in an airplane seat, while on the bus, on a train, in bed, you name it"

as good as it gets in this situation

and ive been playing fps for like 6 years, doing cal-i in 7th grade and dota for like 4 years before i started playing hon beta, got gladiator in wow, noone can beat me in cod4...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You guys don't know what you are talking about. I love my Pentium 3 iPad Processor.
    I mean the iPad is new so the processor must be good.

/sarcasm

"but yea you cant do that sitting in an airplane seat, while on the bus, on a train, in bed, you name it"

as good as it gets in this situation

and ive been playing fps for like 6 years, doing cal-i in 7th grade and dota for like 4 years before i started playing hon beta, got gladiator in wow, noone can beat me in cod4...
    You think you'd be able to play to your full level of ability on an iPad? Just the touch screen, no other interface aids. Without completely redesigning the interface, not gonna happen. I think we'd quickly start looking for ways to kick iPad users in the lobby, much as we do people with high EM%.

Edit: Oooh, you're talking a separate game, not an iPad HoN client. You go ahead and do that. There's probably money in that if Apple doesn't decide to block it for no good reason.
    Last edited by Porpoise_God; 05-15-2010 at 02:12 PM.