Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Legionnaire

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuga View Post
    blocked dmg doesn't proc whirl.
    Yes it does. I might as well farm up 6 Helm of the Black Legions, run a test to see if spin proc rate drops dramatically.

Mathematically:

1 - (1-0.7)^6 = 1- (0.3)^6 = 1 - 0.000729 = 0.999271 = 99.9271% to block 40 damage (which is practically 100%).

Just tested this, even on a blocked hit I still spun. So it's working perfectly fine in that sense.
    Last edited by ElementUser; 08-28-2009 at 06:51 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

UPDATED!

Now featuring Hellbourne Jungle Walkthrough. Yes I found a way to double creep stack on Hellbourne .
    Last edited by ElementUser; 08-29-2009 at 12:51 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Account Icon
    This is probably one of the better guides on this forum, keep it up man.

Account Icon
    None of this matters without pseudo-random. Axe was a favorite of mine in dota, but here... I was doing perfect with the creeps, level 9 while our solo was 8 and theirs was 8...

I was in the jungle, fighting a camp of 6 creeps and then i got ganked by 2 heroes. I taunted them both and got no spins for the whole ~5 seconds i was next to them.

Then, later, I ran into the middle of a teamfight with ~10 of their creeps and the 5 heroes, taunted, and they just whacked me to death. Not a single spin... ever.

So lame.

It's a fairly nice guide though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uludayen View Post
    None of this matters without pseudo-random. Axe was a favorite of mine in dota, but here... I was doing perfect with the creeps, level 9 while our solo was 8 and theirs was 8...

I was in the jungle, fighting a camp of 6 creeps and then i got ganked by 2 heroes. I taunted them both and got no spins for the whole ~5 seconds i was next to them.

Then, later, I ran into the middle of a teamfight with ~10 of their creeps and the 5 heroes, taunted, and they just whacked me to death. Not a single spin... ever.
    Wow you must have been really unlucky .

Well that's why I have a Pseudo Random Distribution system suggestion in my signature!

Account Icon
    Friend went for Your Guide and hited 6 on 5 min took that ps few sec later thx for that guide

Quote Originally Posted by FatBolter View Post
    Friend went for Your Guide and hited 6 on 5 min took that ps few sec later thx for that guide
    I already added that image in my third post lol. He posted it here before you did actually xD

And thanks

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementUser View Post
    I already added that image in my third post lol. He posted it here before you did actually xD

And thanks
    lol got wrong link heres hes sry ^^
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/525/asdekj.jpg

Account Icon
    This guide is manly.

Account Icon
    Amazing guide man, best I've read so far. Practically taught me how to jungle, keep it up dude!

Account Icon
    This is a very nice guide indeed. There are two things worth mentioning though so we can end all the "why is legionnare weaker in HoN than Dota" questions! .

1. Axe cannot double spin. The animation has to be completed before the next spin can go off. I tested this myself, no 2x spins. This is the main reason he is weaker than in dota.

2. Axe cannot spin while stunned. Need to be 100% confirmed.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Uludayen View Post

i just finished a game, with those similar instances happening to me.

i initiated a fight with 3 heroes and 5+ creeps, used blink+taunt, and got maybe one spin.

lol, random

Quote Originally Posted by JAMALSMITH View Post
    i just finished a game, with those similar instances happening to me.

i initiated a fight with 3 heroes and 5+ creeps, used blink+taunt, and got maybe one spin.

lol, random
    Do you ever get the feeling that when YOU play axe you NEVER spin, but when your opponent plays axe if you LOOK at him he spins about 50 times?

I get that feeling alot :P

Account Icon
    If you manage to get a lot of Catman camps before level 4 what do you do? Double stack and tackle them or just QQ and go lane?

Very nice guide. Also, I like to think Axe as one of my mains, and i can confidently say... I almost never spin when i need it D:

I've missed so many first bloods at like level 2 or 3, because i don't get 1 spin when taunting a hero + 4 or 5 creeps.

Makes me sad.

Also, check out my signature, It makes me laugh when i think about it, and i get a bit of a spin-spree while playing.

I played legionaire for the first time yesterday, and everything went awesome.
    But then Magebane started participating in team fights, I couldn't do anything. It was horrible. I had to run whenever I saw him.
    I blame the absence of a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by thebadger_j View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that when YOU play axe you NEVER spin, but when your opponent plays axe if you LOOK at him he spins about 50 times?

I get that feeling alot :P
    My spin luck is pretty decent these days actually O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
    If you manage to get a lot of Catman camps before level 4 what do you do? Double stack and tackle them or just QQ and go lane?
    You shouldn't be stacking hard camps before level 5. Stick with the medium camps & ignore the hard ones (unless there are Skeletons/Vultures). Catmen + Vultures don't spawn in medium camps. However there is a chance that you'll get double Minotaurs or Minotaur+Wolves. When that happens, level up to level 5 first and then take them on with full/near full HP. If the camp is pullable to the lane, I'd do that to deny 1-2 full creep waves for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    I played legionaire for the first time yesterday, and everything went awesome.
    But then Magebane started participating in team fights, I couldn't do anything. It was horrible. I had to run whenever I saw him.
    I blame the absence of a beard.
    Magebane shouldn't hurt you that much unless your team let him farm too much .

Account Icon
    Anyone else have a problem fighting Legionnaire and his terribly overpowered Terrify?

I always die if its cast on me, no matter what, because he will kill all the creeps with his axe and then run up to me so I hardly have a choice but run..

I had never jungled before reading this guide, and was surprised to see that even a noob like me could lvl 6 insanely fast in jungle.

One thing people should know - when you pull a camp always attack the strongest creep with your normal attacks. Let the weaker ones beat on you as long as possible to proc more spins.

i.e. when you go minotaur camp, attack the minotaur. Also always double pull if its a tough camp. 1v1 minotaur will make your tears flow like a river, but if you pull him out then walk in so you have 4-5 total creeps hitting you, he is much much easier.

One thing that I would like to know is the efficiency of creep stacking vs killing a wave and moving on. Like you pull at 1:55, have the camp mopped up at 2:15 or so... should you wait the 30s at the next camp to double pull, or just pull it and hope you can get to a 3rd spot for a double pull?

i.e. you would go like... stack, single, stack, single to optimize your time as best as you can?

Quote Originally Posted by ElementUser View Post
    Magebane shouldn't hurt you that much unless your team let him farm too much .
    He was 2 levels below me when I first met him and I had no chance vs him. He raped my mana so fast. And then he got fed quite a lot and carried the game >_<

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast