Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Enhanced Marchers vs. Pharaoh, Behemoth, etc.

Enhanced Marchers vs. Pharaoh, Behemoth, etc.

No thread about it on this forum yet, but I KNOW there is a public outcry to have this fixed, so I have to.

(I also just played a game or two as Pharaoh which...might have something to do with it.)

Enhanced Marchers should NOT be able to traipse through abilities like Pharaoh's Mummy Wall and Behemoth's Fissure, as well as dodging "skill aimed" projectiles like Valkyrie's Javelin and Devourer's Flesh Hook. This means that EM are a 1500(ish) gold item that can render ENTIRE ABILITIES(1/4 of these particular heroes' skillsets) useless by punching Alt+A as soon as you see the mummies rise.

That's really it. I don't think anyone can argue that a super cheap initiation item should nullify these abilities this way. Please post your support for this topic here

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    do not want

Quote Originally Posted by Khao_ View Post
    do not want
    Why? Do you really think it's fair to invalidate a hero's skills with an item most people get in the first 15 minutes? I'm not denying your post, I just want a little more feedback than some internet meme.

EDIT: Also, as far as a comparison to DotA goes, I never played it but I'm positive that Phase Boots did NOT pass through these sorts of things.
    Last edited by TheDave; 08-17-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The hook dodging should be fixed go test it.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Apparently projectiles vs. Phase Boots are fixed, but they definitely still run through Fissure and Mummy Wall.

Account Icon
    I played a game a few days ago against a Pharaoh. When trapped, using the phasing in the Enhanced marchers did not allow me to pass through the wall of mummies. So maybe this is still buggy but I guess it should not allow you to pass.

PROTIP: You can use Phase Boots as Pharaoh to run through your own wall which alot of times can save your life. (ie. You are being chased by a whole team as Pharaoh, you quickly pop Phase Boots, throw up mummies and keep running.)

As far as it goes, you should be able to run through the mummies, but maybe not fissure. I think it adds some balance to fissure though to be able to get through it.
    Last edited by zackypooh; 08-17-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Marchers

No sence being able to run trough fissure but not mummies. Fissure atleast has aoe damage and stun properties, mummies are just for that block. (no damage when you pass with marchers)

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    They are going to change Phase Boots to not run through these skills. Patience!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by zackypooh View Post
    PROTIP: You can use Phase Boots as Pharaoh to run through your own wall which alot of times can save your life. (ie. You are being chased by a whole team as Pharaoh, you quickly pop Phase Boots, throw up mummies and keep running.)

As far as it goes, you should be able to run through the mummies, but maybe not fissure. I think it adds some balance to fissure though to be able to get through it.
    Protip: Phasing through Mummies renders the spell useless as a disable, that's where the problem is, the mana burn part of the spell is just icing on the cake.

Protip2: When chased, pop Wall of Mummies at a choke point and kill 1 Mummie (they die from 1 hit) and run. Takes about as much time as to Phase if you're not slow, so this bug is definitely not helping at all.

Being able to run through Ward surrounds, Mummies and Fissures really limits the intended uses of the skills and doesn't add the slightest bit, but apparently it isn't as easy to fix.

No running through: Fissure,Wall of Mumies,Javelin,. . . and so on

You should be able to run through the mummies. They are spawned units. But they should still manaburn.

And phase boots should use 10-15 mana per use. I dont like them free.

Quote Originally Posted by NightCloak View Post
    You should be able to run through the mummies. They are spawned units. But they should still manaburn.

And phase boots should use 10-15 mana per use. I dont like them free.
    Exactly why I feel it's not an issue at all. Fissure you shouldn't be able to because its not a unit. Same with projectiles. Wards like Pollywog's you should because they are also spawned units

Account Icon
    Yes, anyone Shouldnt be able to walk through fissure with EM.

Its a fissure, not an easy-to-jump blockade ):. (lol)

Account Icon
    Fissure yes, Mummy Wall no.

Meaning, you shouldn't be able to march out of mummy wall.

Just like in DotA, no running through mummies/cogs or fissure with phaseboots.

Account Icon
    Enhanced Marchers should allow you to run through: Creeps, Heroes (This is an exhaustive list).
    If it's anything else at the moment, I'd consider it a bug and it should be reported as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Idejder View Post
    They are going to change Phase Boots to not run through these skills. Patience!
    Good to hear. This thread can be locked now.

Quote Originally Posted by NightCloak View Post
    You should be able to run through the mummies. They are spawned units.
    In dota cogs were spawned buildings/doodads. Maybe make them Sarcophagi?
    Try it, often happens when I go to last hit while out of range of a unit, im turned on by the nearby heroes

20.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Locked upon request.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.