Thread: GosuGamers SteelSeries HoN World Cup (June 19, 2010 - January 15, 2011)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't get your hardon yet kiddies lol, we still have to come up with a way to get new people to buy the game considering thats the only way they'll be able to play now XD

As lovely as having a 40k tournament for the clans everyone already knows, that's not going to be exciting for much longer XD

Exciting yes, but I'm worried about the actual player counts come Wednesday

Account Icon
    This is silly lol, DotA gg'd.
    e-famous superstar and legendary hero of the Brazilian people kirbyruled, once the greatest mod that OT hath ever known, requests but a single humble beta key

You forgot the most important part which it the coverage!

Honcast.com with special guest Tobiwankenobi!

Proud to be the first person to officially purchase Heroes of Newerth

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post
    Don't get your hardon yet kiddies lol, we still have to come up with a way to get new people to buy the game considering thats the only way they'll be able to play now XD

As lovely as having a 40k tournament for the clans everyone already knows, that's not going to be exciting for much longer XD

Exciting yes, but I'm worried about the actual player counts come Wednesday
    Yes, that is a fair point and I am curious to see the numbers as well... but you also have to realise that this tournament IS a marketing plan to not only be excited about the release for us. But for players who have even yet to try such a game... the fact that 64 teams get prize money will def be an attraction to a lot of outside gamers who figure "well hey, I am good at most games and I am sure this one is no different". And there are of course also those DotA players who may have been on the fence whether or not to purchase HoN, but now knowing the y have the chance to compete for such good money will buy it.

So ya, although we might not see the immediate hit tomorrow or ever this week.. I am sure we will see a decent rise once again come next week and when more information gets released on these up coming tournaments.

O and ya, as hunter said... Honcast will be covering this even as well along with TobiWanKenobi joining us as a special guest from time to time.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

lol 40k...good job s2

Account Icon
    this is pretty much awsomne:P team me anyone? going for a top10-20 placement. pm me here or ingame.

(buying the game today/tomorrow)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Dota ppl will rage so hard...:-s

Toooooooooooooooooo bad ! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by aNdzUR View Post
    this is pretty much awsomne:P team me anyone? going for a top10-20 placement. pm me here or ingame.

(buying the game today/tomorrow)
    roflmao

0.9 kdr, 46% win ratio, 58 creep kills, 4 denies, most played: 4 carries

yea sure, i think you will win first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Meezh View Post
    \_/ <---- Cup of care. Its empty
    just read this post, you will sh*t bricks:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...66&postcount=1

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hello all!!!

Any team need one high skill support player?

You found it - IT'S ME!

Played for about five years in Dota and 9 month in HoN(near 1900 psr).
    Have very good connection, so i can play both at Europe or USA!!!
    Have working mic, skype, etc.

Write personal message at forum, or ingame (nick Alexander) or email (shadow100080@gmail.com)

Account Icon
    Gosugamers.net

Recruitment of Writers/Admins

With another fantastic tournament announced by Gosugamers and Steelseries we have a high demand for writing enthusiasts. Anyone that is remotely interested in coverage or has excellant writing skills should get intouch and help out this growing community

We need a few more able bodies that have the talent to get intouch with us as soon as possible, so we can provide the best coverage to the community. We will need people to do write ups and be apart of the editorial team.

You can apply for positions with us at gg.net through the website or you can get in direct contact with me.

Contact Details:
    AIM: KautionuQ
    MSN: Kaution@hotmail.co.uk (You can also Email this address)
    IRC: Kaution on Quakenet or S2 Networks

You can also directly contact me through these forums by Private Messaging me. What I would like to see from all applicants that will be applying for Writer/Editorial positions is proof of knowledge about the current HoN competitive scene. A very good grasp of the English language and the ability to show that you can remain neutral. If you feel that you tick all these boxs, please get in touch.

hm..
    when and WHERE does the registration open/begin?

tbh, Tournament registration will begin on May 19th and close on June 1st so don?t be late in registering!

didnt find it anyway.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Registration not open yet? I wasn't able to find anything.

Hero Suggestions:
    The Ronin||Peacemaker||Quicksilver||Ashraf
    Team Focus Gaming www.teamfocus.biz
    TWL NA HoN Admin www.teamwarfare.com
    5v5 BP Ladder
    $500 Kick-off Tournament!
    Think you're better than me? Challenge FcG on the Teamwarfare HoN 5v5 BP ladder!

Updated topic/post with sign up status, good luck to all teams!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

I don't see anything about an entry fee. Are all these teams getting a shot at 10k for free?

Yup, its about the sponsorship

I still dont get it,

I'm on that page:

http://www.gosugamers.net/hon/thread...up-east-europe

And then?

Just post my clan and stuff?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yes, all you need to do is to reply to that post and have your information on there, your team and the basics.

Boy, this is quite exciting, I am loving HoN more and more, quite inspiring for S2 I would hope. I am betting we will see more players as HoN gets more popularity, because of marketing ideas such as this.

Account Icon
    The registration is over, so when does it start?

Brackets for this event have been released btw, you can check them out at the official site;

http://www.gosugamers.net/hon/news/12215

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast