make the 'kick' function work for players idling not on a team
make the sound for the mouseover of the kick button in the chat area (lower playerlist of people in the lobby) play once on mouseover, and not once for every pixel you mouseover on the kick icon.
make it so the host can't kick himself.
more info viewable about the games!
names of players in game
distribution of players on teams (i.e. 5 legion, 0 hellbourne)
what the advanced options are, not just that advanced options are selected.
this may be related to the open bug about servers not being sortable by ping, but - when i create a game and don't manually specify the server, the 'automatic' option almost never chooses one of the servers that i ping the best to.
games that are full often clutter my list of games - i assume that they're full, but still in lobby? it would be nice to have an option to filter out full games.
the filters should be opposite of what they are now - selecting the easy mode filter should filter OUT easy mode games, and not reduce the list to only easy mode games. It's a pretty minor issue now, because of the small number of games - but i imagine after release it will be a major headache.
Nice. If he doesn't respond in a few days, I may start a new thread and take the material from this one. Thread is too useful and too focused on improving HoN to go without updates. This is particularly true now that S2 has shown that they read the original post, at the very least.
im not sure if this has already been mentioned
but u should include more than 1 minimap mode so that u can change the minimap so that it only displays all units in only 2-4 colors (1 for legion units, 1 for hellbourne units, maybe 1 for yourself [and neutrals ofc]) . i sometimes have problems finding out how many heros of which team is anywhere on the map when i look on the minimap. 1 color for each player is not good imo, so you should atleast add the possiblity to change this like its done in wc3. thx
1. UI Scale. My monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080. My vision is awful. This means TINY TINY text on parts of the interface. Please let me scale the interface up and down.
2. I think there should be an option to allow the 'stats box' that is normally shown in the lower right hand corner when you mouse over items and skills to float above the cursor. I used a UI mod in WoW for this and I miss it a lot here.
Every game, and I do mean EVERY game, I sometimes notice that I have 3 - 5 skill points unused.
Why? Because I didn't notice I leveled up. The interface is so small and the sound que isn't distinguishable enough for me to notice. I haven't noticed if there is an effect on the hero when leveling up but if there is then obviously it wasn't very noticeable.
Just add a Diablo-esque ' + ' -sign on top of hero icon when there are unused skill points.
EDIT: It's great that there is a hotkey to toggle on/off the healthbar view but please add a checkbox to the options for this too. There is no reason not to have it.
Targeting Icon: Consider allowing the team captains (i.e. blue and pink) have the ability to mark a target with an overhead floating "skull and crossbones" style icon to denote a primary target in a skirmish. If you are familiar with World of Warcraft, this would be like assigning a raid icon to a mob. Allow the assigning of this icon to be done via a keybind. The icon should always be visible and anchored to the top of the enemy hero-unit when placed. It should vanish when you lose vision of the enemy hero-unit, be it by fog of war, line of sight, or invisibility/stealth/wind-walk.
1) The message on the exit dialog (Are you sure you want to leave?) is in the upper left corner in its own bar. This should be centered right above the buttons. That is how dialogs are usually done.
2) I saw a brief message in the bottom right that said press F6 for friends pane. That's fine, but there should be a button to click for the pane. If I didn't see that message, I would have had no idea how to bring it up. I tried clicking all over the place to add a friend to my list before the message popped.
3) At the end of the game when the score screen pops up, there is no obvious leave game button. I was expecting to see one maybe at the bottom of the score window, or behind it. Going to menu->disconnect warns me that if I leave I'll get a leaver percentage. After awhile it seemed to time out on its own and leave.
4) It's not obvious that you have to invite people to private games. I come from war3 B.net where a private game simply means the game isn't listed. I finally learned about inviting by hovering over the small question mark on the bottom right of the game screen. It was just a good guess to try /invite. A new person might have no idea. There should also be an interface in the game screen somewhere for doing invites. At least, I didn't see any buttons for it.
5) The camera really needs to be able to zoom out more.
6) When you hover over items in the store, an information box pops up on the far right of the screen. For most items, there is a large empty box to the left with just the name of the item. This space should also include the stats, with the box on the right having the full detailed information as it does now.
7) This one I don't feel too strongly about and actually I don't think matters after I typed it out. It just takes getting used to.
The store interface is a huge improvement over what is able to be done in DoTA. I really enjoy that you can look up recipes and buy subitems right from there. The one issue I have is how it grays out items that aren't available from the location you are at.
Take for example the Butterfly (I forgot the new name). The recipe requires a quarterstaff and an eaglehorn. The recipe is illuminated at the fountain shop, because that's where you get it. If you go to the secret shop, it grays out because you can't get the recipe there, but you can still get the eaglehorn. While this makes perfect sense, it seems to imply that you can't get that item or any subitem at the location there, when you can still get one.
I feel there should be a different way to notate recipes that have subitems available at a shop. I don't have any good suggestions at this time however. Perhaps fade them out a bit, but not gray.
8) In the vein of the last one, it could also be nice to have a notification for items that you don't have enough gold for currently. Say, some kind of outline on your cursor as you hover over it.
9) The " key seems to turn on HP bars. Is that in the keybindings? I looked for awhile last night but did not see it.
10) Pressing F6 opens the community panel, pressing it again closes it. Pressing F7 opens a data transfer window, pressing F7 again does not close it. You have to press Esc. This is inconsistent. Esc should also be able to close any menu or panel. For example, pressing Esc while in the Options panel on the main screen should send it back to the right.
11) It would be nice if "Create Game" defaulted to your last used settings, including game name, or have if there was an option/separate button for this.
All of the above were suggestions posted by Bogo; all credit goes to him. I really wish people would stop making new threads and use this one, since it's clearly gotten S2's attention.