Toggle Snow

Thread: [Map] BeHoNeled

View Poll Results: Should I continue working on this map?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

159 80.30%
  • No

39 19.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Map] BeHoNeled

-------
    UPDATE:

If you like this map, please vote on dream for it: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/map/Oloko/BeHoNeled
    The download link on Dream is broken right now, please use the download link at the end of this post.
    -------

I started a thread asking for people ideas for a custom map not long ago. The map project I picked up is to make an HoN version of Bejeweled.

So here it is, BeHoNeled (yea nice name I know).

If you don't know what Bejeweled is you can look it up on the wiki page.

BeHoNeled

Download

You con download the map here: mediafire

How to play

Put the beHoNeled.s2z file into your "game/maps" folder of Heroes of Newerth.

Using swap try to align 3 or more "jewel" of the same color.

Notes

Its important to know that this is slow, I need to change the current way I detect a line of jewel but I think it can be enjoyed like it is right now.

This is an alpha version, there is still a lot to do on it, but I wanted to get the impression of everyone first.

Please give out constrictive feedback and also please vote if you think its worth for me to continue working on this.
    Last edited by Oloko; 01-02-2011 at 02:30 PM.

nice job,
    though for me its a bit too flashy,
    or i'm just awake for too long again
    i'm excited to see some 'big' maps coming from you when multiplayer custm maps are supported
    +-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°+-.,_,.-+°´°

Sounds nice, I'll download it and try it out later when I have more time.

Screenshots plz

Quote Originally Posted by Azurus View Post
    nice job,
    though for me its a bit too flashy,
    or i'm just awake for too long again
    i'm excited to see some 'big' maps coming from you when multiplayer custm maps are supported
    No you are right, its too flashy. Its in my todo list to find a better way to show the jewel color, and also to change the model to something more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by J3rk View Post
    Screenshots plz
    Well there ain't much to see since its only bejeweled but I added the loading screen I was going to add to the map.

Really cool! I hope we can see a lot more from you once the sdk is released!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    how do you load the map?
    Nightmarish
    Custom Zombie Survival Map for HoN

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...9#post15049429

Quote Originally Posted by Techies View Post
    how do you load the map?
    If the map is in your maps folder, you should be able to select it from the create game menu. Select behoneled as the map and choose practice as your server or it won't work.

You can also start it offline using: StartGame "practice" "" "map:behoneled"

Okay so a bit of critique if you like:

• colors are imo a tad too bright
    • the models idle anim is a bit much movement. I recommend something less wiggly
    • You can't really see what "blocks" are disappearing as they just change color instead of vanishing

I'd say those dudes should explode and you can see these guys "drop" from the down. Atm it looks like they randomly change their color.
    So much to v1

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCock View Post
    Okay so a bit of critique if you like:

• colors are imo a tad too bright
    • the models idle anim is a bit much movement. I recommend something less wiggly
    • You can't really see what "blocks" are disappearing as they just change color instead of vanishing

I'd say those dudes should explode and you can see these guys "drop" from the down. Atm it looks like they randomly change their color.
    So much to v1
    Thanks for the feedback and for trying it out.

Yes the color and the model are a must do for a next version if there is one.

I would also like to change the way the jewels "explode" to have some kind of animation and like you said, to make the other "drop" to replace them.
    Right now I replace the current color from the one on the top or I randomize a color if there is not on top. But yea, it looks like their color just randomly change.

Keep the feedback coming please, its too soon to know if there will be a next version, but I'm certainly thinking about ways to change it.

great job man!

Quote Originally Posted by Azurus View Post
    There are plans my friend, but can't start them yet

@Oloko
    Very nice. Good luck you know where to find me for help

Amazing, and with no editor.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2k9 View Post
    Amazing, and with no editor.
    *cough* Oloko's *cough* signature *cough*

EDIT: Time's bugged again.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    20:11:48 | Sephinator: I got a small window.
    20:11:53 | Sephinator: I hate clouds.
    20:13:59 | SoundWizard: I hate sephiroth wannabes
    20:14:35 | @Warchamp7: i c wut u did
    Current Project: HoW40K - UI/FX Coder

beJEWled D:

hahah love it

just tried, loved it

keep up the great work
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakari View Post
    HoN is not about doing what YOU want, when you want it. HoN is about empowering your TEAM to be able to do what you ultimately want to do - win the match.

HI! Love this map but i have some questions for you about my own maps. When i start HoN choose practise game and my map 1. It is named untitled instead of real name. 2. When i start it it loads alittle bit but then HoN just stops working.. did you have these problems?, what did you do to solve it?! Please answer

Quote Originally Posted by MiQuisite View Post
    HI! Love this map but i have some questions for you about my own maps. When i start HoN choose practise game and my map 1. It is named untitled instead of real name. 2. When i start it it loads alittle bit but then HoN just stops working.. did you have these problems?, what did you do to solve it?! Please answer
    Since I couldn't use the editor when I made my map, this is how I used to change my map name:

Open your map with an archiver like winrar.
    Extract worldconfig.
    Open worldconfig with a text editor like notepad++.
    Where you see '<world name="untitled" ...', change untitled to your map name.
    Save the file.
    Overwrite the worldconfig file inside your map with the one you just saved.

About your map crashing, make sure first that you don't have spaces in your map filename, if its not that, you can upload your map somewhere and PM me, I'll take a look at it if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast