Thread: xndr + chapy = :(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstrand View Post
    "hey your bad"
    It's like he's trying to get his attention first.. so it goes something like this.

    "Hey"
    *rwar guy turns around* "Me?"
    "Your bad"

    *back on topic

    I think all the HonCast casters are great. But i like to think has Breaky as the Main caster, and anyone else is colour commenting with him. I just like breaky's voice i guess (does this make me a tad gay? it feels good). But at first i hated chapy's voice, now however it's grown on me. As for zndr, he's always done the same role in my opinion, so can't really complain about him.

    But, Chappy and Zndr are good casters, as for professionalism on the forums, i think they too are entitled to express their own opinions in the manner they see fit. whether or not he is representing honcast shouldn't matter.

    My two cents (pennies in england, sounds less cool though)
    Last edited by Fidel; 05-10-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Put Troll in Bag

    Originally Posted by Cobnox
    At first I thought fountain shoot meatball.
    A.K.A Fidelzozon90

  2. #42
    Chapy is a great caster. Imo the best, because, for exemple, unlike alot of other casters, he's not telling you what's happening, what you can see with your own eyes, but he's telling you why it happened.

    I personnally don't fancy zndr that much because sometime, he criticize players decisions like they've made a huge mistake, when it's clear that he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. (Ex: Saying that it's a huge mistake that Hanni did not put one point in fayde's 3rd skill in early lvl.) He just seem to not have enough knowledge of the competitive game in comparaison with other co-casters of honcast. And that really hurts his casting. Breaky doesn't pretend to know what he's talking about.
    Imo, he shouldn't be used in the role of the "expert", as apart from what i said, he's doing rly good.

  3. #43
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane_Rabbi View Post
    Off topic - Add for 5's D`Pak - Straight Bashing my ability to play is quite a statement.
    What happened yesterday?

    Quote Originally Posted by chapy View Post
    Explains everything right there really. Another non-dota player who feels I insult his mother when I call astrolabe a mek, get over it please.
    Well, I admit it would be nice to listen to a HoN shoutcast with HoN visuals rather than a DotA one with HoN visuals.

    Other than that I much rather listen to Chapy than to Breakycpk. Chapy covers the situations better and generally has some background info over the choices made.

  4. #44
    i liked xndr and chapys casts more then breakys.

    I prefered the casual style of them over breakys more commentary thing. Nothing against breakys its just personal preference.

    Xndr and chapys was like i was sitting on a sofa next to them having a chat. Incidently if one of you could use my name and talk to me in that kind of context on a cast it would really help me climax.


    Oh and im totally better then anyone in this thread
    Last edited by Samich; 05-10-2010 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #45
    I LIKE SIXY AND CARMALIZER

    Peronally though, i think all of the casters are great even though sometimes they seem to miss details i picked up, they have to be aware of everything, not just specific item build etc.

  6. #46
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Samich View Post
    Oh and im totally better then anyone in this thread
    You wanna check my PSR then ?

    ...oh wait it's lower.
    Put Troll in Bag

    Originally Posted by Cobnox
    At first I thought fountain shoot meatball.
    A.K.A Fidelzozon90

  7. #47
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    14
    Dont feed the trolls guys.. we all know chapy's the best caster.

  8. #48
    The breaky fan stuff really is out of hand, he has a good casting voice and a good flow so he can keep commenting action packed fights, however his knowledge of the game is pretty limited and he has these premade expressions he uses every single cast that can get quite annoying. Also, he tends to reverse sentence construction very often. "Escaping with 32hp is Glacius".

    He's not a great caster, he's ok. Chapy was doing casts before breaky, and they were very good, and they still are. Ok sometimes he uses dota names, this is not dota, waah waah, fact is, if you don't know dota, you get surprised by overused strats that were already common practice before hon even existed. Happens often with breaky, he wonders why hero x builds item y or take skills in a different order than usual, when they're common old builds from dota. Hell sometimes it's stuff he casted in hon games already but he forgot(how many times is he going to wonder what interupted a TP when dsham was in the fight?).

    Not saying chapy is better than breaky, but breaky certainly is not a god. And in terms of game knowledge, chapy is definitely better than breaky, even though sometimes he struggles finding hon names.

  9. #49
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    The breaky fan stuff really is out of hand, he has a good casting voice and a good flow so he can keep commenting action packed fights, however his knowledge of the game is pretty limited and he has these premade expressions he uses every single cast that can get quite annoying. Also, he tends to reverse sentence construction very often. "Escaping with 32hp is Glacius".

    He's not a great caster, he's ok. Chapy was doing casts before breaky, and they were very good, and they still are. Ok sometimes he uses dota names, this is not dota, waah waah, fact is, if you don't know dota, you get surprised by overused strats that were already common practice before hon even existed. Happens often with breaky, he wonders why hero x builds item y or take skills in a different order than usual, when they're common old builds from dota. Hell sometimes it's stuff he casted in hon games already but he forgot(how many times is he going to wonder what interupted a TP when dsham was in the fight?).

    Not saying chapy is better than breaky, but breaky certainly is not a god. And in terms of game knowledge, chapy is definitely better than breaky, even though sometimes he struggles finding hon names.
    Breaky was doing Counter Strike casts i believe he mentioned.

    Also Reverse sentance construction can occur in lots of people when you are rushing sentances.

    I do agree with your last sentance, but as breaky never really played competitivley can't blame him :P
    Put Troll in Bag

    Originally Posted by Cobnox
    At first I thought fountain shoot meatball.
    A.K.A Fidelzozon90

  10. #50
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Chapy is a great caster, I love listening to him get pissed off when people do stupid things during casts. He and sixy+carmelizer put out the type of casts that are actually entertaining to watch; they make jokes but still give good insight to the game. Who cares if he uses DOTA terms? He's getting better about it, and when you play a game for that long it's hard to forget the names that easily.


    Zndr sucks.

  11. #51
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34
    Ok this is over Im done arguing chapy your an ok caster
    everyone can go to sleep happy tonight
    Last edited by RancHero; 05-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.

  12. #52
    how did you guys just get blatantly trolled for 3 pages?

  13. #53
    i think this entire thread is an elaborate hoax.

  14. #54
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    861
    Sigh,

    RancHero... I'm not gonna dignify anything you've said with a worthy response. However, l2play this game. You'll further understand casts with your newly founded knowledge.

  15. #55
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Ael
    I appreciated knowledgeable advice

  16. #56
    Lol what? Chapy just commented a game for me and he did fine by himself. He keyed in on important things, and didn't miss important events/battles. I did want to defend him more, but that comment he made about someone's mom or whatever just ruined it lol. Can you imagine John Madden saying that? lol

  17. #57
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    471
    Thread closed.

    If you have any constructive critique for any casters out there, I'm sure they will take on board anything you have to say to them if you do it in the correct manner. Posting things in public like this is never really a good thing either, especially when its done like this.

    Please use the Private Message function, sorry that I didnt pay enough attention to this thread - any future threads like this will be deleted. They serve little to no purpose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •