u dont have to be a good farmer to play mid, it all depends on what 2 heroes are mid. if i choose SS and the other guy goes mid as FA, then who ever wins is going to be based on who is better at last hitting, but if i choose hag then it doesnt matter how good he does in mid as FA if his side lanes dont ward up and let me gank freely. i might get 10 creep kills to his 30 but that doesnt matter when im 5-0
The hardest thing for mid to get is that they need to gank side lanes! Sometimes this even requires going before their ult to prevent a side lane from being dominated.
OP is right. Mid player usually decides the game, unless there's a magebane / scout / swiftblade getting massively fed at one if the sidelanes. Everytime I'm up against an autoattacker that almost never denies (and fails when he tries) , I can confidently tell my teammates :"we will win this". I've never been wrong so far.
I solo mid in 95% of games I play, so I must have enormous man pants.
Officially retired from HoN!
Agreed, I'm tired of idiots who call solo mid and can't handle it. Pyro goes solo mid, gets left behind in levels, fails ganks, enemy carries take over, gg.
there are also match-ups where mid really should not go gank. mid is knowing when to gank and when not to gank and who to gank.
If you find out you are outmatched, ASK for a swap asap. Its not the best, but its better than you not being able to handle it.
If you're a real man you will have 36% Corrupted Disciple like LegoPirate.
The Mid Soloing has a couple of factors in it:
1. Farming: You need to have a hero with a good last hit animation. No matter how good you are, if you play against , you are gonna get raped (Last Hit wise).
2. Rune Control: In here you depend mostly on your teammates. You should not get wards soloing mid, so if you have retard pubmates who dont get wards, youre screwed.
3. Ganking Capacity: The ranged hero with the best ganking capacity should be the one soloing mid. Sometimes farming does not really matter that much if you gonna gank a lot, and you play a hero that does not need crazy items to succeed ()
There are also bad times to gank: 4:15 and you have a double damage bottled up against a Soul Stealer in mid. Ganking would put you behind considerably when you returned to mid, even if you did get a kill or two.
Sometimes you simply aren't going to be able to appease that guy who is crying for a gank in the side lane. Best way to avoid this is simply picking strong lanes.
Last edited by Pandabro; 05-11-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Mid is about three things:
1) Dominating the opponents mid. If u go mid with tdl against ss u are in for pretty hard times, and likely cost the game. Often u see someone call "im mid" before even picking let alone seeing what enemies pick and deciding what theyr going to put mid. Fail.
2) Farming. It is VERY easy to get fed on mid lane with proper hero. Sometimes its better to put a carry type there, and sometimes ganker. but a person has to have a reliable last hitting/denying. Even in 1650+ games u get ppl with ~50cs average with carries as 5 most played who pick a carry and cry mid.
3) Ganking. This is very situation dependant. Mid is not about supporting side lanes. You do not play mid so you can abuse side lane. That is what proper lane chocices are for, and those dual stuns. You play mid to define the mid game. If u spend the first 10minutes ganking with some heroes u will have to make up for it in a much more dynamic mid game. Obviously some mid heroes are made for supporting side lanes, like defiler, but it is still a secondary objective. Pushing those two mid towers early is still better then getting a double kill on a side lane and letting their mid farm.
TL;DR Mid is about outplaying the opponents, not about being a roamer.
There are language tools on the internet that can help you out a bit.
mid is about hitting level 5,6,7 FAST and raping the sidelanes as
mid is about getting fast levels then pushing enemy towers down as
mid is about getting some fast farm and some early levels, ensuring your mid game will be strong as :fors:
there is some overlap between them, but there are definitely different reasons to go mid. in fact, sometimes you can send someone mid () to counter an enemy's mid hero ()
i went a scout solo mid against a jestard once cuz our valk and arach decide to bot and top respectively.
died like 3 times before 16 mins...got 2 kills by ksing low hp heroes with marksmans shot at runes(had eyes).
we still won cuz i got better farm than i wouldve with 1 autoattacking ally and 2 enemy heroes.
sometimes you need to use your head and do something that people havent seen before.Overwhelms quite a few.
I demand mid every pub on every hero including/especially Legionaire.
e-famous superstar and legendary hero of the Brazilian people kirbyruled, once the greatest mod that OT hath ever known, requests but a single humble beta key