Thread: Glacius jungle, anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Matemeo View Post
    People have been trying this for as long as I remember back in DoTA days. It words, but only kind of. He's not a full-time jungler by any means, but it isn't terrible at the same time. Kind of like using to farm ancients the first 20 minutes. It's cool, and it sort of works, but he's way better in lane.
    It was used in dota since his aura is Direct hp removal instead of magic damage. Dragon Master got like 40% dmg reduction so in hon? nthx :P

Just to clear things up
    <3

Start at ancients if they're preds. Glacius can solo ancients all game, but takes forever to kill dragon masters and xp isn't comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Velker View Post
    I hate that people think just because a hero CAN jungle that he SHOULD jungle... Last night I had a teammate jungle predator simply because he could... We had a glacius solo in his lane. I tried to explain that it doesn't matter if he gets good farm in the jungle or not... By jungling he was allowing the enemy team to have TWO freefarmers while glacius feeds. If he laned he would get freefarm, glacius would get freefarm, and two enemies would have gotten raped. People need to learn that the benefits to a jungler apply to the other team as well because they now get a free lane to demolish.

you know ive been saying this since the stat of beta when i saw people trying to jungle diffrent heros like pred glaci sr.. and i would always say this just because they CAN doesnt mean they SHOULD its all about the team because a hero like glaci or sr can farm jungle doesnt mean they should an antire lane could get lost because of this mistake thank god finally someone agrees

i dont think its ever worth it to pure jungle with glacius. I suppose he can jungle occasionally if he is roaming though.

is way too strong in lane and for sure is a babysitter. He asserts lane dominance and allows his partner free farm. I even buy extra regen for my lane partner on top of courier and Ward at the start. Dip into the forest often to stack and pull the lane and while your in there sure go ahead and imprison the big Guy at hard camp but don't full time jungle. I spend a good amount of time in jungle early but its all for my lane partner. I'm giving him free farm (when he can handle it and the enemies are scared of me jumping out of the fog at them) and pulling to keep the lane near our tower.

And when pulling the lane, don't even bother if you haven't stacked it. You want the camp to kill your whole creep wave. I see a lot of people pull and kill the camp then the enemy just gets a big wave at them for nice XP and gold.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    holy ****, the amount of stupid ppl in these forums...
    GLACIUS JUNGLING? HOLY SHEIT YOU ARE SO GODDAMN STUPID I HOPE YOU'RE TROLLING MAN...
    WHat BENEFITS WOULD HE GET FROM THIS? GETTING BOOTS AT LVL 5??????????????????? HOLY **** THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS HAVING DAMPEER JUNGLING...
    YOU GUYS KNOW HOW GOOD GLACIUS IS ON LANE? AND HE WOULDNT EVEN NEED THE ****ING FARM FROM THE JUNGLE, NEITHER THE EXP..
    Last edited by Greyshade; 06-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

^i lol'ed

I have seen it in DotA to dual jungle and consequently dual roam or to hit a quick level 2 from a trilane dodge against a solo.

The new top strategy is + dual jungle. Kill entire stacks in the enemy jungle with your OP cocktail+ice imp. build. You just need to pretend you left the trilane to gank mid to ruin mids farm too.

This will be the must pick dreamhack strategy.

Edit: Damm man_guy beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
    - If you have a Scout on your team, and he hasn't spent any points in electric eye, feel free to insult his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxenVarVit View Post
    It was used in dota since his aura is Direct hp removal instead of magic damage. Dragon Master got like 40% dmg reduction so in hon? nthx :P

Just to clear things up
    No, it was done in hon because you could stack infinitely. So you wouldn't get the first ancient dead until about 6 minutes, but you would then be killing them much more frequently. It was an extremely good amount of experience and reasonable gpm. Because of the stack-limit, it's not remotely viable. The magic armor change came long after this was rendered pointless.

Just to clear things up

Quote Originally Posted by BoxenVarVit View Post

Just to clear things up
    SR aura is direct removal in HoN too...cmon, seriously, the 1.2%/sec is slow enough, if that was reduced by magic armor (25% base!) nobody would take it unless they're vs some kinda all-str novelty team