Thread: Intel Desert Bash 9 5v5 (June 25, 2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon

Intel Desert Bash 9 5v5 (June 25, 2010)

After harassing the Intel Desert Bash team numerous times, they decided to consider HoN as A DEV SPONSORED tourney, The only thing is we need to spike the Dev's interest, Arizona needs to have at LEAST 10 teams 5. If you have a team and live in or near AZ, YOU NEED TO SIGN UP and WRECK FACE. After you register, please send an Email here desertbash@lancamp.com Let them know your interested in the HoN tourney, even if you dont have 5, im sure you can make a pick up team on site. Heres the email we all recieved today from the DB team.

Greetings Fellow Gamers!

I wanted to get some feedback on additional tournaments.
    We've already locked down Team Fortress 2 6v6, Counterstrike Source 5v5, and a blast from the past vCOD 4v4. COD4, and BC2 are also strong tournament candidates, but we haven't finalized everything.
    Heroes of Newerth seems to be a commonly requested game, and it might be possible for us to get an onsite tournament from the developer. In order to make this happen we would need to make sure it is worth the DEV's time. If we can get at least 10 teams of 5 to register for DB9 and let me know they will play in the tournament, I will do my best to make it happen! Just reply to this e-mail and let me know if you are interested in a HON tournament.
    Another reminder

DB9 will be held June 25th - June 27th 2010. Doors will open Friday at 5PM for registration

***UPDATE***
    JUST RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM THE DESERT BASH ADMIN, THEY ARE UP TO 5 TEAMS INCLUDING MINE!!! HALF WAY THERE GUYS!! KEEP EM COMIN!!! AS SOON AS THEY REACH 10 TEAMS, OFFICIAL PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED. MORE TO COME.
    Last edited by DetonatR; 05-03-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Prizes?

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Not driving a motorcycle to AZ without good prizes ^^
    TLSHadow

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Ya what they said.... it just really isn't worth going to a LAN event like this if there is no at least set prize going into it. I love the enthusiam and the idea and hell I would even consider coming out to cover it if there was a decent prize pool... but ya just not worth it right now until that announcement.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Account Icon
    There will be prizes, BUT we need to have at least 10 teams of 5 sign up FIRST before they will even make it official. Right now, you can register for free, so do that, and then send an email to the address i listed above, and let them know if you have a team or if your going solo to play HoN. Sorry if i wasnt clear guys :P

OHH and that would be wayyyy sick to have HoN Cast show up in person to commentate the tourny live!
    Last edited by iMosh; 04-30-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Anyone who is or looks Hispanic and is planning on attending, should remember to bring 8 forms of identification so you're not deported.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by willdaBEAST View Post
    Anyone who is or looks Hispanic and is planning on attending, should remember to bring 8 forms of identification so you're not deported.

LOL so true, lucky im the only brown on my team, cuz if im sure we would get pulled over with 5 mexicans in the car.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    sweet if this happens I might show up to watch

<3 arizona

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Will see everyone there.

There will be prizes if you win.(not once have I seen DB not give prizes for a team that has won any of their tourneys)

Also they give out a crap load of prizes during the tournament including Intel extreme processors, Nvidia gfx cards, Corsair ram, cases of monster, mice, keyboards, mousepads, etc.

Last year they gave everyone unreal tournament 3 as a gift.

Great LAN run by solid people for charity. Its a win win tournament

Account Icon
    LANFests never announce prizes prior.. it's so stupid.

Account Icon
    I've been talking w/ Hunter a bit about this as well as jestyr (head of Desertbash). There will definitely be good prizes if we get a set amount of teams. hopefully we can get some honcast guys down here to cast some of it as it isn't a very long drive for some of them

ps: db will provide servers for us to be able to host properly
    Last edited by SUNSfan; 05-05-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    www.GLHFcasting.com

Quote Originally Posted by SUNSfan View Post
    I've been talking w/ Hunter a bit about this as well as jestyr (head of Desertbash). There will definitely be good prizes if we get a set amount of teams. hopefully we can get some honcast guys down here to cast some of it as it isn't a very long drive for some of them
    What he said

Account Icon
    Lovin all the AZ support so far guys. Dont forget to email the DB team letting them know you have a team for HoN! Lets get this official guys!

I'm trying to convince my friends to sign up with me... do you know how many teams are signed up now?

Any teams in AZ need a ringer?

where in AZ

I live in arizona me and my friend have been actually looking into setting up a clan or joining one, if more people are from AZ without a clan PM me.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have a lot of HoN players at my cafe that might want to join a clan. For those already in a clan I will point them to this thread.

Account Icon
    8 teams signed up so far as of 2 weeks ago. The event is being held in Phoenix. My team is now looking for 1-2 possible ringers. send me a PM if your interested. And if you already have a team together and you haven't E-Mailed the Desert Bash staff yet, please do so ASAP, 2 more teams will make the game an official tournament game.

El Zaribah Shriners
    552 North 40th Street
    Phoenix, AZ 85008-6442

Get Directions

(602) 231-0300

Account Icon
    i've been trying to find out how to make a lan server but s2 hasn't responded yet. jestyr isn't sure if the lan's internet will be good enough for consistent play or not. hopefully s2 will respond at some point.
    www.GLHFcasting.com