Thread: Interesting Strategies 1: Speedpush Mid

Interesting Strategies 1: Speedpush Mid

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of clever, innovative, interesting, or just underused/underdeveloped tactics and strategies. I love mock/courier for example, although I unfortunately didn't make it up.

This strategy is not particularly unique, but I used to do it back in DotA with my friends and while it isn't amazing, it is very fun and can catch your opponents off guard. It also completely changes the normal pace of the game.

Quite simply, the strategy is to pick a team of 5 extremely good lvl 1 pushers (summons, etc) and push mid right away. You can get the first tower very very quickly, and possibly the second. I have won games in DotA with this strategy because we played so aggressively, people were forced out of their lanes and had to defend.

Keep in mind: This is not suggested for competitive play. A good team will defend with 4 + tower while their carry free farms a lane. However, it is a lot of fun and I will try it out in HoN when I get a chance. If you guys have 4 friends that can try it, please do and post the replay. Hopefully it works.

Here is a sample team makeup:

You have 3 heroes that summon, one hero that heals, and you level up engineer's Tinker first to make destroying the tower substantially easier.

So give it a try, post your team make ups, post replays, etc.

Please do not flame this strategy and call it noob/bad. I know it's not a good or advisable tactic in a serious game. It is for fun, and has a chance of making you victorious.
    Sig. Oppo's guide to being hilarious
    Ghost: Join now before it's too late.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Interesting, I saw a DY match where they did something similar like this but on a top lane. If I were to add to this strategy I'd say go for top/bottom lane and use Legionnaire instead of Wildsoul. Have him creep block the level 1 wave with Demented helping, have Tempest in the jungle nearby ready to help if they need it or ready to start on the tower with minions once the wave is completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    I'm really bad at losing on purpose. I just can't do it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    imho it won't be very effective, because u will gain no exp and let their team farm the other lanes

this is why kongor at lvl 1 works, because u gain lvl 3 and bonus gold (and a token, which can make u chase/survive longer if ur a hard carry)
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    tits or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by pk_thunder View Post
    imho it won't be very effective, because u will gain no exp and let their team farm the other lanes

this is why kongor at lvl 1 works, because u gain lvl 3 and bonus gold (and a token, which can make u chase/survive longer if ur a hard carry)
    With that team makeup you buy your items asap, go to the tower and start fighting that tower. Then, go back to your lanes.

Also, change tempest to slither.

Re: Interesting Strategies 1: Speedpush Mid

My favorite strat to punish teams that pick 3 melee is lego + 2 healers pushing thier short lane from level one. get a solid mid and a good semi that can win a 2v1 in your short...it's 10-0 so far. sample line-up for legion:

Lego
    Dsham
    Nymph

Defiler

FA

pubs have hard time rotating and the double melee short lane gets wrecked every time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+ = gg
    you won't be able to rip the tower in the first 3 waves or so, and as soon as they hit lvl 2-3 they will be able to hold all 5 of you.
    if necesarry, put on the list, he can cut off heroes that came to close to the tower while providing additional dmg to get rid of the summons.

the whole push is stopped while the teams carrie can farm easily up - while your whole team nearly gains no EXP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    "Back dooring" has a lot of different definitions, depending on who you ask. The official DotA rules (if you look in the map file) say that it is teleporting into the enemy base without any allied creeps present (only one hero can do this). The more common definition is starting to attack the enemy base without any creeps present.

The thing is, in most cases it is not a very viable tactic and it is also easy to defend against (with any of a variety of teleportation items). If any of the tactics actually prove to be an issue in HoN, we will fix it though game mechanics.

If you're going for a team push strategy with that team, you can probably ditch tempest to pick up plague rider, and replace demsha for slither. Then kongor, have someone get the last hit solo (level 5-6), then just rape the towers down.

Much more solid.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Credge View Post
    With that team makeup you buy your items asap, go to the tower and start fighting that tower. Then, go back to your lanes.

Also, change tempest to slither.
    they'd be lvl 3 (if they're competent) when u get back, and if u wanna get back fast u have to buy a TP before u go, which could be the difference of life and death (ring of the teacher helps)
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    tits or gtfo

Account Icon
    The last few times this has been done to me, our team won simply because the push team ran out of steam past killing the outer towers and ended up severley underlevelled because the were getting 1/3 xp.

Account Icon
    that's why you kill kongor with your team then push mid... 0.0

Account Icon
    A much better team setup is . Wild/Warb/Slither is all the push power you need, DSham lets you do Kongor level 1, and Engineer tinker is amazing.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i do enjoy the post "analyzing" why this will fail when the OP clearly already stated exactly what you're saying. good job brah, good job

I think you need at LEAST 2 healers to make this work.
    is an obvious choice. or , both if you can get them otherwise if you can only get one. Someone needs to grab a RotT. The only way I've ever seen this strat successful is if you kongor first, the early level advantage is HUGE. After kongor kill the middle hero and first tower. After the second tower someone MIGHT have enough money to finish an Arcane ring, this'll help tremendously as most of you will be low on mana.

Honestly I can't see it working against equally matched opponents, but if you are confident you can outplay them it'd be very fun.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Qo_oZ View Post
    i do enjoy the post "analyzing" why this will fail when the OP clearly already stated exactly what you're saying. good job brah, good job
    Yes but if there's no reaction/response, then what is the point?

helps tons
    also stun/mana drain never runs out of gas